╌>

Prince Charles, 71, tests positive for coronavirus

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  5 comments

By:   Brittany Vonow

Prince Charles, 71, tests positive for coronavirus
The future king had been displaying mild symptoms but remains in "good health"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Clarence House said: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus.

"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual."

His wife Camilla, 72, tested negative for the bug.

They added: "In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing."
Prince Charles had only just met with Prince Albert of Monaco earlier this month, who later tested positive for coronavirus.

The 62-year-old ruler tested positive just nine days after he sat opposite the Prince of Wales at a WaterAid event in London.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

It's an equal opportunity virus that has no socio-economical boundaries. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago
"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual."

They say mild symptoms are sometimes a prelude to much worse.  I do think though there are many over 60's or over 70's who get through it without needing hospitalization.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

For most people, the new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia and death. The vast majority of people recover.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

If I may sister, another notable positive test today

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jackson Browne, 71, tests positive for the coronavirus

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, 71, told the   Rolling Stone   that he got tested for COVID-19 after feeling ill and experiencing a "small cough and a temperature." Browne's positive test results confirmed his suspicions.

"I quarantined immediately upon knowing," he told the music publication. "My symptoms are really pretty mild, so I don’t require any kind of medication and certainly not hospitalization or anything like that."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Jackson+Browne+coronavirus&filters=tnTID%3a%220A2A8C46-ADB9-42bd-B403-69E28AAB92A4%22+tnVersion%3a%223451974%22+segment%3a%22popularnow.carousel%22+tnCol%3a%224%22+tnOrder%3a%221b322bca-5a0d-45c4-86b7-dd543047daf8%22&efirst=2&FORM=CNTPNH

Jackson Browne has lone been one of my favorites

LIVES IN THE BALANCE - Jackson Browne

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

not a 'pretender'