╌>

Gathering of Nations virtual pow wow begins

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  1stwarrior  •  4 years ago  •  5 comments

Gathering of Nations virtual pow wow begins

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.— Although the 37th Annual Gathering of Nations is canceled this year, people can still enjoy the sights and sounds.

Co-director Melonie Matthews said folks can visit the   Gathering of Nations website  or  PowWows.com  for a free virtual experience starting at 10 a.m. Friday and Saturday.

"It's an edited, enhanced version of last year's webcast of the 2019 Gathering of Nations Pow Wow,” she said. "There will be two channels so to speak. Once you get into the actual link to the webcast... one is pow wow which is inside of Tingley (Coliseum) and one is our Stage 49 which is our contemporary music stage.”

People can also shop online at the Indian Trader’s Market to help out vendors who financially rely on this pow wow.

"This is their livelihood and this is what they do. They travel from pow wow to pow wow and the Gathering of Nations is one of the largest — is the largest,” she said.

But the main reason for the virtual pow wow is to bring some happiness to its viewers.

"There's a lot of spiritual aspects to it, and so for people who perhaps need a little uplifting and positivity, this may fill that void and give them some hope for the future as we go through this pandemic,” Matthews said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    4 years ago

If you really want to have some uplifting moments, I highly recommend watching these on line.  

Absolutely fabulous dancing, regalia, happiness and super great music.

Feel the heartbeat of Mother Earth - watch the links.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @1    4 years ago
Absolutely fabulous dancing, regalia, happiness and super great music.

Agreed, it is fantastic. 

I attended live twice and it was some of the best times I've had. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2  Raven Wing    4 years ago

I have always wanted to attend, but, events in real life seemed to always interfere with my hopes and plans. And thank you for the links that will now allow me to see it at last. Maybe not as great as being there in person, but, better than not being able to see it at all.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3  seeder  1stwarrior    4 years ago

No doubt about it - next year am going to Albuquerque for the whole week - ain't gonna miss any of it.

Wonder if they'll post the Gallup pow-wow on line this year?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up 1stwarrior; great stuff.