╌>

Married couple, 85 and 86, shot dead at Delaware veterans cemetery

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  the-peoples-fish-still-hand-of-the-queen  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Jackie Salo (New York Post)

Married couple, 85 and 86, shot dead at Delaware veterans cemetery
Sheldon C. Francis, 29, gunned down an 85-year-old woman and her 86-year-old husband Friday morning on the grounds of the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Bear, according to a report.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Jackie Salo

May 10, 2020 | 12:50pm |Updated May 11, 2020 | 10:49am

sheldon-c-francis.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

A married Maryland couple in their 80s were killed at a Delaware cemetery by a gunman whom authorities later found dead, according to reports.

Sheldon C. Francis, 29, gunned down an 85-year-old woman and her 86-year-old husband Friday morning on the grounds of the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Bear, NBC Philadelphia reported.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene while her husband died Saturday at an area hospital, police said. The couple's identities haven't been released.

Police said officers chased Francis around noon into a wooded area, where he exchanged gunfire with them.

He was found dead from a gunshot wound around 4 p.m. in the Brennen Estates neighborhood, which borders the veterans' cemetery, authorities said.

It's unclear whether Francis shot himself or was struck by police in the shootout, police said.

The state police homicide unit is investigating the case, the outlet reported.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

Wow, Bear Delaware?

Not exactly the hood.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Why is Musk and Ellen included in this seed?  

It's unclear whether Francis shot himself or was struck by police in the shootout, police said.

I don't care by whose hand he died.  One less pos loose in our society.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Is the guy in the photo at the top white or black?  My screen is not working right. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Black.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    4 years ago

Ask BF how many articles he has seeded where a white person is the killer. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.1    4 years ago

Maybe they were grave robbers, and they're been a rash of recent grave robberies at that cemetary....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    4 years ago

Well, perhaps if one had killed a 85 year old Veteran and his wife who were paying their respects to buddies lost, maybe he would have.

Poor old guy made it through God knows what only to be wacked by some scumbag back home while paying his respects to his fellow Veterans.  

Black or white, there is an especially red hot poker for that scumbag in hell.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    4 years ago

Black or white, there is an especially red hot poker for that scumbag in hell.

Via rectal insertion!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.5    4 years ago

Yep, insert, lift, twist and separate ..... repeat for perpetuity .....

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.1    4 years ago

This pos gunned down an elderly couple because he was upset about someone else being killed?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.5    4 years ago

I prefer what the devil in the movie Little Nicky did to Hitler (wearing a maid's uniform) daily with a pineapple.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1.9  zuksam  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.1    4 years ago
The story is related to the recent tragedy in Georgia

That case down in Georgia is a real shit show. I watched a surveillance video yesterday of the man who was killed Trespassing in a house under construction moments before the shooting. Apparently he wasn't "Just Jogging".

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.10  FLYNAVY1  replied to  zuksam @4.1.9    4 years ago

Yep.... lots to come out.  It that was a construction site, then the kid was trespassing.  Still didn't mean the kid had to die.

The biggest worry here is that there are going to be no witnesses for the dead here.  The video is all there is, and the defendant's lawyer is going to easily be able to generate "reasonable doubt".  Somehow I don't think justice will be done in this case either.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1.12  zuksam  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.10    4 years ago
Still didn't mean the kid had to die.

I'm not a fan of armed vigilantes chasing suspicious people around whether their suspicions are correct or not it is a recipe for disaster. While I don't believe the jogger was just jogging (I think he was casing the construction site and probably the whole neighborhood) we can't allow every Idiot with a gun who thinks he's a badass to play policeman. If he had caught the guy on his own property it would be different but even then if the guy runs away down the road it's time to let the police handle it.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1.13  zuksam  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.10    4 years ago
and the defendant's lawyer is going to easily be able to generate "reasonable doubt".  Somehow I don't think justice will be done in this case either.

Maybe not. If I were on the jury I'd likely find him guilty because he was the aggressor, he brought a gun and he started the confrontation. I would have found Zimmerman guilty in Florida because even if you believe in the right to "stand your ground" Zimmerman was the original aggressor and it was Trayvon Martin who had the right to "stand his ground". When I was 17 if a Creepy Old Dude was following me in his car I'd run and hide too and if he then got out of his car to look for me I'd feel threatened and if he got too close I'd attack because he had already shown enough aggression to warrant acts of self defense and self preservation. This is the problem with stand your ground it allows people to one up each other legally till there's a gun fight and apparently the winner is automatically right and the loser is automatically wrong by Laws of stand your ground.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.14  FLYNAVY1  replied to  zuksam @4.1.13    4 years ago

We're both traveling along the same lines I think.  Unfortunately, the person that is dead is not going to be able to tell their side of this story to the court.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    4 years ago

Disgusting.