╌>

Report that Bush won't support Trump reelection 'completely made up,' spokesman says | TheHill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sparty-on  •  4 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   Justine Coleman (TheHill)

Report that Bush won't support Trump reelection 'completely made up,' spokesman says | TheHill
George W. Bush's spokesman said Monday that The New York Times report that the former president won't support President Trump's reelection was "completely made up."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

George W. Bush's spokesman said Monday that The New York Times report that the former president won't support President TrumpDonald John TrumpMcBath, Handel to face off in Georgia House rematchTrump thanks George P. Bush for his support: 'Great honor'Trump Jr.'s Mongolia hunting trip cost K in Secret Service protectionMORE's reelection was "completely made up."

Spokesman Freddy Ford told The Texas Tribune that the Times's report, which cited people familiar with Bush's thinking, was false, but that Bush will avoid speaking publicly on his 2020 presidential vote.

"This is completely made up," Ford said. "He is retired from presidential politics and has not indicated how he will vote."

The Times report also said Bush's brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), who was one of Trump's 2016 primary rivals, is unsure of how he will vote in the upcoming presidential election.

Ford had told the Times that the former president would not get involved in the elections and would only speak out on policy issues like he did last week when he said during massive protests against police brutality the U.S. must "examine our tragic failures."

Both Bush brothers, as well as their parents, former President George H.W. Bush and first lady Barbara Bush, said in 2016 that they weren't voting for Trump.

Trump had endorsed Jeb Bush's son George P. Bush in his reelection for Texas Land Commissioner in 2018. George P. Bush did not endorse his father's 2016 presidential run before the former Florida governor dropped out of the race.

The Saturday Times article reported that several Republican leaders are struggling with whether to endorse Trump's second term or throw their support behind presumptive Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden.

Sen. Mitt RomneyWillard (Mitt) Mitt RomneyTrump tweets spark fresh headache for RepublicansRepublicans walk tightrope on police reformThe Memo: Floyd's legacy reverberates beyond his funeralMORE (Utah), the 2012 GOP presidential nominee and one of Trump's chief Republican critics, told The Atlantic in February he would not be supporting the president's reelection.

Cindy McCain, the widow of former Sen. John McCainJohn Sidney McCainReport that Bush won't support Trump reelection 'completely made up,' spokesman saysCoronavirus Report: The Hill's Steve Clemons interviews Anne-Marie SlaughterThe sad spectacle of Trump's enablersMORE (R-Ariz.) is likely to back Biden, although it's unclear how public she will make her decision, according to the Times.

Former Secretary of State Colin PowellColin Luther PowellOvernight Defense: Senate confirms US military's first African American service chief | Navy to ban display of Confederate flags | GOP lawmakers urge Trump not to cut troops in GermanySenate confirms nation's first African American service chiefReport that Bush won't support Trump reelection 'completely made up,' spokesman saysMORE, who served under Bush, announced on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday that he was backing Biden.

TagsColin PowellDonald TrumpMitt RomneyJohn McCainJoe BidenGeorge H.W. BushGeorge W. Bush2020 election2020 presidential electionTrump reelectionTrump 2020 reelection campaign

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    4 years ago

More fake news from the left.

What little shame they may have once had, has totally left their buildings.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago
More fake news from the left.

Do you have a link (from a reliable source) showing Bush's exact words when he stated he is supporting Trump's re-election? I'd like to see his exact words when he made that statement.

Some fuzzy general staterement that could be interpreted eith way doesn't count-- I would like to see a clear staement he made supporting Trump's re-election.

TIA!

("Thanks in advance. jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png )

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @1.1    4 years ago

He never said either. That's the point.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @1.1    4 years ago
Do you have a link (from a reliable source) showing Bush's exact words when he stated he is supporting Trump's re-election?

Who the hell ever said that?

THE NEW YORK TIMES LIED ABOUT BUSH "WON'T SUPPORT TRUMP!"   Bush never said any such thing. So instead of trying to turn it around - It's on the Times and you to back up the Times claim.

I'll wait.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @1.1    4 years ago

Lets start with the original story.   Give us verifiable proof he said what they reported in the first place.

You don't get to jump past the story being bullshit from the start but i'm sure you'll keep trying

The lack of integrity on display here by some is a sad, sad commentary on what some try to spin as truth

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    4 years ago

Don't hold your breath Vic ....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

Bush got outed. The Times story never said he had publicly spoke on the election. It said he had made it known he was not supporting Trump.  Someone who works for or is friends with George W Bush spilled the beans about private conversations. Bush has little choice but to say it isnt true , or he will face the wrath of Trump, which Bush is not looking for as he enjoys his privileged post politics retirement.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    4 years ago
Someone who works for or is friends with George W Bush spilled the beans about private conversations.

WHO?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    4 years ago

Ahhh - another of those "unnamed sources/sources close to Bush" proofs of context.

Excellent choice of sources/facts John.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    4 years ago

Do you think George Bush will support Trump for re-election?

If you do I'd like to interest you in buying the Brooklyn bridge. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.3    4 years ago

Who knows but its certainly more possible than him supporting Biden who is basically a political polar opposite.

Do YOU think Bush will support Biden for re-election?

If you do i have some nice waterfront property to sell you in Death Valley

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.3    4 years ago
Do you think George Bush will support Trump for re-election?

I don't think he will support anyone. Now how about answering my question?  Who spilled the beans?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

"the Times's report, which cited people familiar with Bush's thinking"

The standard for the New York Times continues to be unnamed, unknown sources. 

George W Bush has done well as a retired president staying away from the political fray.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    4 years ago

But ……. 

ummmmmmm …… 

Media ……. jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

hmmmmm …… jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

I got nothin' new ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

When it comes to the Media...."Pete and Repete were STILL in the same Bar" comes to mind though.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @3    4 years ago

When it comes to the Media...."Pete and Repete were STILL in the same Bar" comes to mind though.

I find it curious ....... jrSmiley_119_smiley_image.png

that you don;'t consider ..... jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Fox News to be .... jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

"media". ..... jrSmiley_101_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    4 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

It's what was fetched.

Mad because i asked you to include a link in your article when you didn't include one John?

Yeah, that's it .....