Gen. Mark Milley's Keynote Address to National Defense University Class of 2020 Graduates

Category:  News & Politics

By:  pedro  •  one month ago  •  14 comments

Gen. Mark Milley's Keynote Address to National Defense University Class of 2020 Graduates
We can now all breathe a collective sigh of relief. It was looking very Stepford Wives up in...

That is the face of a true patriot. You may have forgotten what that looks like. Anyway, now that the military is officially still politically neutral, we might all survive the next four months. This is as close as we've ever come to straight tyranny to go along with pocket dictatorship. We can now all breathe a collective sigh of relief. It was looking very Stepford Wives up in this bitch. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Pedro
1  author  Pedro    one month ago

You asshats that have been encouraging violence against people opposed to fascism...your last bastion has now been taken from you. Fortunately, if you don't like it, you can always leave. I hear Russia is lovely this time of year. They will welcome you with open arms.

Dismayed Patriot
2  Dismayed Patriot    one month ago

Anyone who refuses to go along with the whims of the new orange Caesar will be eliminated. Mark stood up for what's right, but sadly he's only going to get an extra close buzz cut as Trump acolytes and sycophants assassinate his character and call him every name in the book for apologizing after doing what Trump told him too instead of what his conscience and the USMC told him to. Many worthless sniveling Trump supporters will no doubt ridicule and attack Mark Milley for standing on principle instead of giving their dear Leader the slimy reach around hand job he demanded when told to stay quiet after the disgusting and likely illegal photo op he was coerced into.

CB
2.1  CB   replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    one month ago

Yep! I think we have a winner. The new 'kids' just got in town and they are bringing their voices and power. Truth catches up: just in time too! The 'crazies' are done: "Stick a fork in it!"

FLYNAVY1
2.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  CB @2.1    one month ago

The 'crazies' are done: "Stick a fork in it!"  or.......Now is no time to to take our foot off their necks.......  

The millennials are picking up where we baby boomers fell short in the 1960s.... Good for them..... and they will bring the needed changes this time.

CB
2.1.2  CB   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.1    one month ago

I wish them well. We need 'em. Together it is time to put this shame to grave! I am so 'full' that the General asserted himself in the address to the 2020 graduates. Put old tire 'haunts' to sleep once and for all. Time to become one nation under God. People come from abroad to be one with us all!

Kavika
3  Kavika     one month ago

Expect an attack on General Milley by Trump anytime now.

XDm9mm
3.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Kavika @3    one month ago
Expect an attack on General Milley by Trump anytime now.

I suggest you don't hold your breath.  They have apparently already had a face to face and Milley explained why he did what he did and Trump was ok with it.

Now, will he be replaced at some point in the future?   Probably.  Much like others before him in previous administrations, and this administration, and the same for those that follow him.  that's simply the way it works.

Kavika
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @3.1    one month ago
I suggest you don't hold your breath.  They have apparently already had a face to face and Milley explained why he did what he did and Trump was ok with it.

I never hold my breath over anything that Trump does, 9mm. As for Trump being ok with it I'm sure that is good press but it will really be what transpires over the comming months that will actually tell the tale. 

If I remember correctly he was ok with other comments until he wasn't. 

Pedro
3.1.2  author  Pedro  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    one month ago

This bears/bares watching for sure.

CB
3.1.3  CB   replied to  Pedro @3.1.2    one month ago

Trump is not going to support this general's statements. The general is clearly planning for togetherness among the armed services; Trump is a guiding light for white conservative (male) dominance in leadership across every area of civil life.

Dean Moriarty
4  Dean Moriarty    one month ago

It sounded like an advertisement for neoconservatism and the military industrial complex. If they have done such a great job for modernizing the military why can’t they win wars against enemies armed with only Ak47’s and homemade bombs? I think he’s feeding them a load of crap. 

JohnRussell
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    one month ago
why can’t they win wars against enemies armed with only Ak47’s and homemade bombs?

Asymmetric warfare .  No one wins a guerrilla war. 

Pedro
4.1.1  author  Pedro  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    one month ago

Asymmetric warfare is the correct answer.

CB
4.2  CB   replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    one month ago

You had to dodge the topic and 'spray' us with a counter-narrative, eh? Tell us what about the General's themes of togetherness and advancing forward offend you? I hope it does not disturb you that General Milley intends to change the senior ranks staffing culture by inviting more senior minority service members into the leadership 'club.' Say it isn't so, Dean.

Our government apparently has been taking the best that minority senior leaders have to give without properly rewarding their merits. General Milley seems poised to correct a gross and deliberate government oversight or long running domestic scheme.