╌>

Group of GOP operatives launch super PAC to target anti-Trump Republicans, boost Biden

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  4 years ago  •  35 comments

By:   John Verhovek

Group of GOP operatives launch super PAC to target anti-Trump Republicans, boost Biden
"I think we're looking for Republicans who have soured on the president. People who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 who don't intend to do it this time,"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A group of several prominent Republican operatives, which includes former White House Communications Director   Anthony Scaramucci , have launched a new super PAC, Right Side PAC, that aims to target anti-Trump Republicans and turn them out to vote for former Vice President   Joe Biden .

"I think we're looking for Republicans who have soured on the president. People who voted for   Donald Trump   in 2016 who don't intend to do it this time," Matt Borges, a former chairman of the Ohio Republican Party who also worked in President George W. Bush's administration and on Arizona Sen. John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, told ABC News.

Other veterans of the McCain and Bush campaigns are expected to participate in the group's effort, but Borges did not mention any specific names.

The group is targeting disaffected GOP voters in they key battleground states of Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin with a focus on data gathering and turnout efforts. Borges says the group is not planning on running any television or radio ads as part of their efforts.

The new effort comes amid the ongoing push by groups like the Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump, also run by GOP operatives who are now seeking to unseat Trump and boost Biden, to court disaffected Republicans that may have drifted away from the party during Trump's presidency.

Distinguishing themselves from those anti-Trump GOP-aligned, Borges says Right Side PAC's main aim is to target GOP voters who may still vote Republican down ballot, but have turned away from Trump and see Biden as a palatable alternative who is not "radical."

"The truth is [Biden] is really not a radical leftist. He's not supporting this 'Defund the Police' craziness. He's never been for Medicare for All and on top of that, most importantly, he's just a good person, at a time when our country probably really needs that," Borges said.

Scaramucci, who served as White House Communications Director in the Trump White House for less than two weeks during the summer of 2017, has been a vocal critic of the president leading up to the 2020 election and is advising Right Side PAC's efforts and is expected to use his social media platforms to amplify the group's message, Borges said.

The group still faces a considerable challenge in turning a significant number of GOP voters out to vote for a Democrat on the presidential level.

While anti-Trump forces within the GOP existed during the 2016 election, President Trump won Republican voters by 80 points over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, according to exit polls.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Hmmmmmm........ Looks like Trump is uniting the country...... against himself.  Charming.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

More sour grapes by the disgraced establishment crowd. It might have a chance with a viable Dem candidate, but old man Joe simply not electable.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

Again.... Charming.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I heard an NBC reporter wonder outloud this morning if reporters like herself shouldnt start asking Republican members of the House and Senate who they are going to vote for in November. 

I like the idea. Right to the point. 

evilone
Professor Guide
3  evilone    4 years ago

Between this group, The Lincoln Project and  Republican Voters Against Trump that's a lot of money being spent to show the Emperor has no cloths by his own party. I'm sure someone will show up to explain to us all how none of us are real Republicans or real conservatives...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  evilone @3    4 years ago

I have read a lot of US history, and I dont recall ever reading about members of an incumbent presidents own party working so actively and so publicly and so enthusiastically  to defeat him for re-election. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  evilone @3    4 years ago

And most of us are not influenced by some alleged character flaws. The agenda of the party trumps person.

And that agenda is to keep the dangerous and radical left wing as powerless as possible.

Hopefully, the Republicans can gain complete control of Congress while reelecting Trump.

At present, that looks like the most likely outcome. Another conservative SCOTUS Justice would be a plus.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.1  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    4 years ago
And most of us are not influenced by some alleged character flaws.

Interesting word choice Greg. Trump's character flaws are well documented. 

that agenda is to keep the dangerous and radical left wing as powerless as possible.

The radical left wing has little to no power as long as Pelosi is queen. It doesn't look as if she is going anywhere soon.

Hopefully, the Republicans can gain complete control of Congress while reelecting Trump.

Looking at the numbers there is no way Republicans can win the House and there is an almost even chance the Democrats win the Senate. I don't think they will, but at present it looks like a toss up. This isn't partisan propaganda, it's simple math. It's more than possible the Dems could sweep in November. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  evilone @3.2.1    4 years ago

It's more than possible the Dems could sweep in November. 

Don't count on it. The Dems have nothing to offer to the masses this time around.

Why would any rational and intelligent person vote for a party or person who....

supports unrestricted abortion at any age and stage,

supports unlimited and unrestricted immigration at a time when the country is undergoing a pandemic, while millions are out of work and

supports and encourages violence and rioting by punks and thugs, while NOT supporting law enforcement

has done nothing of value for the last four years, and a party who has shown indifference and disregard to the

Constitution and the  rule of law, the presumption of innocence, or due process.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.3  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    4 years ago

Riiiggggttt. You obviously don't have any clue what the Democratic Party's positions are or how government & law work on any of these subjects. Keep your head buried in the sand and like Dems in 2016 you may wake up on an early Wednesday November morning wonder what the hell happened.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    4 years ago

Wow Greg........ sounds like you are making things up because you too are at the end of your being able to defend Trump rope too.  Good luck on the landing when you finally lose your grip.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 years ago

Imo the republicans need to just break in half and form two parties. They allowed this to happen and now there is no closing the chapter. Do these people think that even when donald is not in office, he or his family will just fade away? Not going to happen. He loves the spotlight too much and has too many devote followers.

He was a loudmouth before he had office and he will be a loudmouth after. There is no getting rid of him now.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ender @4    4 years ago

I figure Trump TV will be the next evolution for him.....

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Ender  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    4 years ago

I and I though fox was bad. It will be a conspiracy haven.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.2  evilone  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    4 years ago

Trump was looking at getting into conservative TV in 2016 as it looked like he would lose. He is very cozy with OANN and could either bank a paycheck from them or figure out how to partner/buy them out. Payback for perceived slights at FOX.