╌>

Trump signals he will send federal agents to major cities | TheHill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Regina Zilbermints (TheHill)

Trump signals he will send federal agents to major cities | TheHill
President Trump on Monday signaled he may order federal agents to be deployed to Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia and other major cities as he threatens to crack down further on unrest across the country.

Charles I of England used his troops on the People!

That certainly didn't end very well, for King Charles...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Brett Samuels TweetShareEmail

President Trump on Monday signaled he may order federal agents to be deployed to Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia and other major cities as he threatens to crack down further on unrest across the country.

Trump was asked in the Oval Office about reports that the government was sending 175 federal troops to those cities to aid local law enforcement.

"Well, it depends on what your definition of 'troops' is," he told reporters. "I mean, we're sending law enforcement."

Trump cited heightened violence in Chicago and New York City, in particular, both of which have seen a rise in shootings in recent weeks. In the latter's case, he blamed city and state officials for restricting police from taking a stronger response.

"I'm going to do something - that, I can tell you," Trump said. "Because we're not going to let New York and Chicago and Philadelphia and Detroit and Baltimore and all of these - Oakland is a mess. We're not going to let this happen in our country. All run by liberal Democrats."

The government is expected to send 150 agents to Chicago this week. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told Fox News that the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security would roll out specific plans of action on deploying federal resources later in the day.

Trump has for weeks threatened federal intervention in major cities as protests against police brutality and racial inequality persist in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd in late May. He has fixated in recent days on the situation in Portland, Ore., where demonstrations have continued for more than 50 days, leading to the administration sending in federal law enforcement to respond.

Democratic leaders and civil rights groups have condemned the Trump administration's actions in Portland, where people were reportedly being picked up by agents in unmarked vans over the weekend. Video has gone viral of law enforcement using a chemical irritant to disperse a group of mothers protesting in the street.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) said Sunday the presence of federal law enforcement is leading to more violence in the city and called for their removal. Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) has also called for federal officers to be removed from the city and Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum (D) sued federal agencies on Friday over the detention of protesters.

But Trump on Monday argued that federal agents in Portland had done a "fantastic job" and claimed the Democratic leaders in the cities he named were unwilling to act to deter further violence.

"The governor and the mayor and the senators out there, they're afraid of these people," Trump said. "That's the reason they don't want us to help them. They're afraid. I really believe they're actually maybe even physically afraid of these people - because what they're doing is incredible.

TweetShareEmail

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Federal Agents are basically Trump's personal troops.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

Foolish assessment.

Local mayors refuse to support their cops in order to allow groups like Antifa and BLM to control the streets.

The violence, looting, burning, and pillaging has gone on long enough. Too many innocent people being hurt and businesses destroyed.

It's time to take action against these thugs, and Trump is within his presidential rights to order the Feds to restore order.

You might not believe it, but most decent and patriotic American's support law enforcement officers and have no use for anarchists.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    4 years ago

In Moscow or Hong Kong butt not America!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

that statement is idiotic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    4 years ago

Little bitch assed instigators are fortunate it took this long.    If I were king the rioting and looting would be done.    The problems would all be in jail or worse.    

The peaceful protestors would still be protesting if they so chose. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago

Do you really believe Portland Moms are lining up to protect violent destructive rrioters? I don't think so@

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago

So you are admitting that the rioters are violent and destructive.

That's why the Federal marshals got sent in.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago

Admirable but this likely won’t end well.    You think rioters give a shit who’s in front of them?    Especially when they are no physical threat?

Very doubtful.    Those antifas and anarchists understand one thing.    Force and if local law enforcement won’t do it, someone else will have to.

Suzie home maker, real or imagined, is little deterrent to these punk assed bitches.   Make no mistake about that.

Someone Is undoubtably going to get hurt and then it will Trumps fault.

Ridiculous!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.1    4 years ago

"Rioters" by definition are violent and often destructive.  What's your point?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

When mayors and governors won't protect the people, the protection will come from the federal level.  Don't like it?  Leave.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    4 years ago

[Deleted Trump is not King!]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @4.1    4 years ago

Where did I say he was a king? Was that is some subscript I missed?

In the oath I took when I enlisted 30 years and every ago and every soldier for a very long time, it states that I would defend the country against all threats foreign AND DOMESTIC.  This is a threat to the country.  

The people won't do anything.  City Leadership is a failure and won't do anything, State leadership is a failure and won't do anything, then send in active duty.  Now you want to cry because the POTUS is doing something?  Give me a break.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.1    4 years ago

Except the people of Portland do not want Trump's federal troops in their city...period!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.1.2    4 years ago

not their choice

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.3    4 years ago

not their choice

No longer believe in state's rights?  Still rooting for that totalitarian government, are you?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @4.1.2    4 years ago

Wrong again...the liberal Democrat mayor asshat doesn't want them there. He's sided with the rioters and anarchists and literally told the peaceful people of Portland to fuck themselves, in addition to not supporting his local police.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.4    4 years ago

This has nothing to do with the state. The mayor of Portland has gone rogue by allowing these punks and thugs to run wild.

Trump should send in as many LEO's as needed to stop this idiotic rebellion.

He's held off too long as it is, and the nation will not criticize him for doing the right thing.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.4    4 years ago

Hey, as far as I’m concerned let Portland burn.     Just don’t expect any federal bail out when it happens.

Let it reach total shitholedom if that’s what they really.    Doubtful most want that but if they don’t speak up, they deserve what’s coming to them imo.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.4    4 years ago

no need for bullshit, thinking you know my mind. total fail on your part

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @4.1.2    4 years ago

LMAO.  Then get the mayor and governor to do their job.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.6    4 years ago
The mayor of Portland has gone rogue by allowing these punks and thugs to run wild.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

How dare the mayor allow people to protest.  Where does he think he is?  America???  

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
5  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Trump is trying to set up a National Guard vs. Federal "troops" stand off. 

We are about one dumb Trump order away from a military coup that will not be in Trumps favor - or ours.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Account Deleted @5    4 years ago

Let's hope not. Things are getting dicey...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Account Deleted @5    4 years ago

Not gonna happen.    No matter how bad the kooks on the left want it.   

That’s some crazy shit there to be sure

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago
"Well, it depends on what your definition of 'troops' is," he told reporters. "I mean, we're sending law enforcement."

LOL.  Trump could call them "fairy godmothers" and his followers would believe they were.