╌>

Mark Meadows Invites Foreign Governments To Help Trump Win

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  61 comments

By:   Jason Easley (POLITICUSUSA)

Mark Meadows Invites Foreign Governments To Help Trump Win
Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows welcomed the efforts of foreign governments to influence the presidential election for Donald Trump.

Does the gop never learn? Meadows is a creep!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows welcomed the efforts of foreign governments to influence the presidential election for Donald Trump.

Transcript of Meadows on ABC's This Week:

STEPHANOPOULOS: The intelligence community put out a stark warning this week about possible foreign interference in our election, Iran, China and Russia. Did the president bring this up with Vladimir Putin in his last phone call? And what is he doing to prevent it?

MEADOWS: Well, he's — he's doing a great deal to prevent it. You know, as we saw the previous administration, they talked about election interference and did very little to address it, George.

Not only have we seen hundreds of millions of dollars that have been invested but two different legislative actions that this president has signed off on to make sure that election integrity is — is important.

We've got not only the Department of Homeland Security but the intel community, the Department of Justice, and others trying to make sure what we do is — is again that foreign interference in our elections does not happen.

Now, there's a big difference between foreign interference and foreign influence. They continue to try to influence, as everyone does across the globe. But in terms of actually affecting the vote totals and interacting, I think we're in a good place. We've been willing to work with secretaries of states of every — of all 50 states as we look at that and the territories to make sure that their systems have the needed resources for the integrity to be there and so that we can count on that.

Video:

"They continue to try to influence, as everyone does" — Mark Meadows dodges a question about whether Trump brought up election interference during the call he just had with Vladimir Putin (it appears he didn't and Meadow's comments suggest he's open to some help) pic.twitter.com/0rYZJKqezw
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 26, 2020

Meadows felt the need to distinguish between foreign election interference and foreign efforts to influence the election because Trump wants foreign governments to influence the election to help him win as the Russians did in 2016. Trump has been asking other governments like China and Russia for election help since he took office.

Foreign election influence is the same as foreign election interference. Trump and Meadows are signaling that they would welcome help from any foreign government if it would win Trump a second term in office.

The White House Chief of Staff wants foreign governments to commit crimes against democracy because that is the only way to keep Trump in the White House.

Jason Easley

Mr. Easley is the founder/managing editor and Senior White House and Congressional correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. His graduate work focused on public policy, with a specialization in social reform movements.

Awards and Professional Memberships

Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and The American Political Science Association

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Meadows is now working for the Kremlin and Putin! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I realize that this might be a stre6, but do you have any proof?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    4 years ago

Okay, since you asked for it...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    4 years ago

What the F? It is not the same article. It is by a different author and dated from July 2018.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago

ok, my mistake.

but it sure doesn't prove what you claim. I have yet to see any of your sources prove what you claim.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    4 years ago

You were wrong. Now quit trolling my articles!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    4 years ago

disagreeing with you isn't trolling.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    4 years ago

Making plainly false claims to badger me is...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.7    4 years ago

I have made no false claims.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    4 years ago

Clearly, more people need to learn the difference between influence and interference.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2    4 years ago

Both are illegal regarding foreign governments...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

Cite the statute then.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

Hell, even the US tries to influence elect6 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    4 years ago

Has nothing to do with it being a crime for a foreign government to in any way influence our American elections or for a campaign to accept help from a foreign government or individual. I can't believe you think it is okay!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
2.1.4  Account Deleted  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    4 years ago

I'm kind of fond of

11 CFR § 110.20 - Prohibition on contributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements by foreign nationals (52 U.S.C. 30121, 36 U.S.C. 510) (Note a thing of value need not be money.)

I admit, there is no way to prosecute at this time since Barr would prevent any attempts and the only recourse to discipline the President by Impeachment is pointless with a Republican controlled Senate.

Still - maybe next February.

As long as you are good with Biden going on TV and saying "North Korea - if you are listening ....."

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Account Deleted @2.1.4    4 years ago

The damn gop would shit themselves if Biden ever accepted foreign help to beat Trump!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.3    4 years ago

then why did you claim it was illegal?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Account Deleted @2.1.4    4 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  JBB  replied to    4 years ago

Yet Joe will debate circles around Trump...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.10    4 years ago
Yet Joe will debate circles around Trump...

I guess we'll soon see--if Hidin' Biden makes it to the debate.

Got a feeling Hidin' Biden will do so poorly at the first one, his campaign will call off the others.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.12  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    4 years ago

Why would you ever believe anything so idiotic?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.12    4 years ago

I know it sounds idiotic, but you have to remember--we are talking about Hidin' Biden here!

His handlers have kept him pretty much under wraps for months now, so I can definitely see his campaign or the DNC telling him to cancel all debates if he does poorly in the first one.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @2    4 years ago
Clearly, more people need to learn the difference between influence and interference.

Either one puts the...solicitor...in debt to a foreign power.  I'm not ok with that.  Are you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    4 years ago

That is your take on it.

I see it differently.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    4 years ago

Mr. Easley sounds like a complete idiot.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 years ago

Why do you say that? Because you are in the gop?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago

Nope!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    4 years ago

Why do you say he is an idiot without reason?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.2    4 years ago

Sorry, I am not allowed to answer that.

Maybe a different question?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    4 years ago

Not allowed to or unwilling to honestly do so?

Why did you say that Jason Easley is an idiot?

Surely it is not just because he wrote an honest assessment of illegal foreign election influence which you are intellectually unable or unwilling to present a legal or logical reason to object to. 

Merely disliking or objecting to an man's opinion does not make it idiotic. If you really find Mr. Easley's commentary idiotic then you really should be able to articulate why. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.5    4 years ago
Not allowed to or unwilling to honestly do so?

I'm sorry, I really felt I made it clear the first time.

Not allowed to.

Why did you say that Jason Easley is an idiot?

That is uncomfortably close to the original question, which, again, I am not allowed to answer.

You had my answer deleted as "no value", so you KNOW I can't answer it.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Okay, I can accept that you are incapable of making your case within this site's bounds. Specifically since you have admitted to being incapable butt not that it is really impossible.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.7    4 years ago

Um, since "I did not" is not in this site's bounds, I am rather stumped at what else would be construed as no value in my answer to your specific question.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.8    4 years ago

You may of course take your lousy sniveling dishonest complaints to this site's moderators, butt it appears to all unbiased observers here that you are merely trying to troll me and this article. You certainly have not made any honest efforts to explain why you said the author is idiotic for his honest considered views...not yet anyway. I am confident you could make a cogent case. You just have not!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.9    4 years ago

Look, here is specifically what you asked of me:

Why do you say he is an idiot without reason?

And I honestly answered:

"I did not"

which you called no value, so it is clear you didn't want my opinion.

That is not a complaint, it is simply what actually happened.

I made an honest answer, and because you didn't like it, you had it deleted. 

I'm cool with that, but please don't pretend it is anything more than the facts.

And I could make a cogent case, but history proves if you don't like the answer, you will flag it.

So have fun!

I'll go somewhere that offers honest debate.

Caio!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    4 years ago

Clearly, Trump, and his acolytes and supporters, welcome foreign help in his re-election campaign.  It is shameful and unAmerican, if not treasonous and anti-American.  Trump and his apologists can put forth whatever deceptive and misleading rationales they may devise, employing lies, distraction and straw dog arguments, but that does not alter the truth.  Trump, who openly admires dictators and disdains democratic institutions and societies, will use whatever tools potentially available to him, whether illicit, illegal or not, to impose his increasingly authoritarian regime on the freedom-loving American people into the indefinite future.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Gsquared @5    4 years ago

Spot On!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
6  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Remember - Putin's goal is not to get Trump re-elected but to diminish the ability of the United States to project it's influence in the world.

Trump does not understand this.

He has given Putin everything he asked for over the past 3 + year - now he expects Putin to reciprocate.

Consider what would be the most disruptive thing that Putin could do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Account Deleted @6    4 years ago

You better put out an alert then, because plenty of folks are Insisting that Putin wants Trump

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    4 years ago

What in the hell are you babbling about now?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    4 years ago
What in the hell are you babbling about now?

What exactly did you not understand?