╌>

Trump's complaints about mail in voting really come down to one state

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  11 comments

Trump's complaints about mail in voting really come down to one state
Of the other 8 states, only four have just minimal experience with counting mail in votes, and three of those four are safe Democratic states, so what is all the huffing and puffing blowharding by trump all about? 

Something interesting occurred to me reading this Washington Post article

Only eight states will be using universal mail-in voting, four of which have been using that system since well before this election, meaning their process is likely to run as smoothly as in prior elections. Only four states have shifted to universal vote-by-mail for this election cycle: Vermont , Nevada , California and Hawaii . https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/06/we-all-support-absentee-ballots-now-focus-that/

According to this article , the "problems" may arise in Vermont, Nevada, California, and Hawaii.  All but one of those states are safe for Biden.  Which may explain why trump was talking about Nevada's mail in voting the other day. 

I don't think Trump actually believes there will be any problems with more mail in voting, he is creating his excuses and his rationale for not leaving if and when he loses. 

42 states will allow mail in voting otherwise known as requesting an absentee ballot. There is a well known procedure for counting these votes, as long as it is followed there should be no problems. Of the other 8 states, only four have just minimal experience with counting mail in votes, and three of those four are safe Democratic states, so what is all the huffing and puffing blowharding by trump all about? 

What is it ever all about ? ,  -  bamboozling , gaslighting, lying, cheating. ......... by Trump

===========================================================================

related 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/06/we-all-support-absentee-ballots-now-focus-that/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump wants everyone to be as paranoid and confused as he is. He thinks he can win that way. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

What is it ever all about ?

What Trump is doing is reminding voters of the sorry history of the Democrats when it comes to "bamboozling , gaslighting, lying, cheating" when it comes to voter fraud.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

I hope you don't mind but I posted this yesterday on another article...........and of course all I got from the person I addressed it to was "I don't answer to you" so I am sure you can surmise whom it was.

Let me ask you a question and I am addressing this to all of the rabid mail in votes folks.

If you play and win the lottery jackpot top prize, THE top prize, are you going to mail in your ticket or go in person to the office to collect?

Have at it..............................................oh, and it's an either or question. And yes, they are equally important.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    4 years ago

I am going to vote in person. 

However it is not difficult to process mail in votes. All you need are people who know what they are doing, and it is not complicated. 

Personally, I think there are going to be far FEWER mail in votes than we have been led to believe. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

Good for you. I will be voting in person also. As far as the far fewer, that's a 50--50 proposition.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

20% of mail in ballots were rejected in New York's primary voting, which has taken over a month to count...

Think about how Democrats will react if Trump wins .

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    4 years ago

Think about the denial if he does also.............................It's a no win for either. So I must say, "get off your ass and vote" to those who would be inconvenienced. I think that is the drive for this under the guise of "we are in a pandemic" so that the lazy can vote without the inconvenience of having to try. That's what the dems need to have a chance.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    4 years ago

It'll take four years for them to count the votes then.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    4 years ago

Here in Colorado we only have the mail in option. There have been no problems with it.

But it is too close to the election for states to try to set it up correctly