╌>

Trump Signs New Executive Order Granting Himself Unemployment Check in January | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Signs New Executive Order Granting Himself Unemployment Check in January | The New Yorker
In defense of the huge payment, Trump said, "If I'm out of a job, Ivanka, Eric, and Don, Jr., will be, too."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

undefined

By Andy Borowitz

August 10, 2020 Borowitz-TrumpPlans.jpg Photograph by Susan Walsh / AP

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump raised eyebrows on Monday by signing an executive order granting himself a million-dollar unemployment check if he leaves office in January.

Trump said that he will deserve the seven-figure check if the election is "stolen" by what he called "a conspiracy between the U.S. Postal Service and Antifa."

In a further defense of the huge payment, Trump said, "If I'm out of a job, Ivanka, Eric, and Don, Jr., will be, too."

The executive order immediately drew howls of protest from congressional Democrats, as well as from the Republican senator Ben Sasse, who called it "a steaming pile of constitutional crap."

Unmoved, Trump called the Nebraska senator "Poor Li'l Sassy" and argued that the executive order was a "work of genius" that should guarantee him a place on Mt. Rushmore.

"Those beauties like Lincoln and Jefferson never thought of anything this smart," he said. "They would be lucky if I let my head be carved out of the same rock as theirs."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Does the fact that Jared and Ivanka will get great big government pensions for life kind of make you sick?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

anything Trump, is capable of making America sick

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    4 years ago

MAGA - Make America Gag Again

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

LOL, love Andy.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

He is a ray of sunshine in an upside down world.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

I loved how he took 3 separate issues and satirized them in one piece

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

That’s it!  Trump has been contributing his $400,000 a year salary to charities or government for four years and is signing a bill Just  to give himself $300 a week after Jan 20 in case he loses the election.  The OP is just stupid.