Pool Boy: Jerry Falwell Jr. ‘Watched’ Me Have Sex With His Wife

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Celebrity

Pool Boy: Jerry Falwell Jr. ‘Watched’ Me Have Sex With His Wife

Pilar Melendez

63bb9d90-bb4c-11ea-bedf-3bfe90bc44a5 August 24, 2020, 1:51 PM EDT

4600c9892e247a4ffc99c934f7d379a7

John Moore/Getty Images

The pool attendant Jerry Falwell Jr. claimed tried to extort him after having an affair with his wife revealed Monday that he was involved in a seven-year sexual relationship with the   suspended Liberty University president   and his spouse.

In an explosive Reuters interview,   Giancarlo Granda said his relationship with the couple began after they met in March 2012, when he was a 20-year-old employee at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel. The now 29-year-old said that throughout the relationship, which ended in 2018, he would have sex with Falwell’s wife, Becki Tilley Falwell, in front of the evangelical leader.

“Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said, noting that the liaisons took place “multiple times per year” at hotels in New York and Miami and at the couple’s home in Virginia.

Hours after the Reuters interview was published, Falwell Jr. agreed to resign as president of the evangelical Virginia school, which was founded in 1971 by his father.

Black Liberty University Staffers Resign Over Jerry Falwell Jr.’s Racist Conduct

On Sunday, Falwell Jr., 58, said in a   statement to   The Washington Examiner   that his wife struck up an “inappropriate personal relationship” with the couple’s “pool boy” who then threatened to come forward. Citing the “emotional toll” of the affair, Falwell claimed that while he and his wife have “tried to distance ourselves from him over time,” the man “became increasingly angry and aggressive.” In the statement, Falwell Jr. insisted he was “not involved” in the affair.

“Eventually, he began threatening to publicly reveal this secret relationship with Becki and to deliberately embarrass my wife, family, and Liberty University unless we agreed to pay him substantial monies,” Falwell said in the statement to the   Examiner .

Falwell, an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, made the allegation after Liberty University on Friday said it was investigating “rumors and claims” about him. The evangelical leader was put on indefinite leave earlier this month after a photo of him with his pants unzipped surfaced. Falwell has apologized for the photo, which he said was   taken at a costume party during a family vacation .

In the statement to the   Examiner , Falwell said his wife’s affair with their family friend sent him into a depression—which he described as “like living in a roller coaster.” Years later, he alleged, Granda tried to extort the Falwell family, but the Liberty president rejected the threats.

In his own statement to the   Examiner , Granda denied ever extorting the family, saying “any allegation of extortion is falsely, defamatory and belied by clear documentary evidence. The Falwell’s attempt to sandbag me, and the Examiner, with a last minute story without providing the Examiner clear evidence that this was not simply an ‘affair’ with concocted allegations of extortion reeks desperation. The WHOLE truth will come out.”

Granda, however, does admit to having a consensual relationship with the couple starting in 2012. He said he now feels like they preyed upon him.

“Whether it was immaturity, naïveté, instability, or a combination thereof, it was this ‘mindset’ that the Falwells likely detected in deciding that I was the ideal target for their sexual escapades,” said Granda, who also provided emails, text messages, and other evidence to Reuters to prove the affair.

In one screenshot of a FaceTime conversation Granda had with the Falwells in 2019, Reuters reported Tilley Falwell was “naked.” In the call, the two reportedly discussed their relationship while Falwell peeped behind a door.

Jerry Falwell Jr. Out ‘Indefinitely’ at Liberty University After Unzipped Pants Photo

In another 2018 audio recording obtained by Reuters, Tilley Falwell complained to the 29-year-old about him describing his relationships with other people. “He’s like telling me every time he hooks up with people. Like I don’t have feelings or something,” Tilley Falwell reportedly said before Falwell chimed in, “You’re going to make her jealous.”

“I’m not trying to do that,” Granda replied, according to Reuters.

But recent text messages, including one exchange in June, revealed the relationship between Granda and the Falwells had turned sour—in part because of a business dispute. According to   BuzzFeed News , the couple bought a Miami Beach youth hostel in 2013 with Granda—and he was “offered a share” because the 29-year-old lived in the area and would act as the manager.

Corporate records show Granda still has a stake in Alton Hostel LLC while   multiple media outlets   reported the   deal   sparked a   legal battle that later involved Michael Cohen .

“Since you’re okay with ruining my life, I am going to take the kamikaze route,” Granda wrote to Jerry Falwell in 2019, according to Reuters. “It really is a shame because I wanted to reach a peaceful resolution and just move on with our lives but if conflict is what you want, then so be it.”

“You should by now understand that I will not be extorted. I have always treated you fairly and been restrained in response to your threats because I did not wish to ruin your life. Going forward, stop contacting me and my family,” Falwell reportedly replied.

Michael Bowe, a lawyer for Falwell, told Reuters the evangelical leader “categorically denies everything you indicated you intend to publish about him.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Another phonier than thou evangelical caught with his pants down.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

literally

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    4 years ago

...spanking it in the corner while the mrs. goes a few laps around the track.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    4 years ago

Don't you mean a few laps in the pool?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    4 years ago

makes more sense...

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

"Fine Christian Man....!"

Anyone remember crying Jimmy Swaggart...?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

"Falwell, an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, made the allegation after Liberty University on Friday said it was investigating “rumors and claims” about him. The evangelical leader was put on indefinite leave earlier this month after a photo of him with his pants unzipped surfaced. Falwell has apologized for the photo, which he said was      taken at a costume party during a family vacation  ."

What kind of costume involves having your pants unzipped?

I'm sure he's been dicking around also.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

An orgy costume?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

The butler at Jeff Epsteins penthouse?

PJ
Masters Quiet
3  PJ    4 years ago

Can you get anymore cliche than having an affair with the pool boy?  Next, we'll be hearing it was also the newspaper boy, the milkman, the UPS driver, the chauffeur, the tree pruner, the lawn maintenance crew....... 

jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  PJ @3    4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised PJ.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  PJ @3    4 years ago

But he was their friend....

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.1  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    4 years ago

I thought they were investment partners.  Sounds like he missed a deposit and that set the whole thing off.........

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.2  devangelical  replied to  PJ @3.2.1    4 years ago
Sounds like he missed a deposit

...yeah, but where?

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.3  PJ  replied to  devangelical @3.2.2    4 years ago

At the local Honey Pot bank and spank of course

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    4 years ago