╌>

Body camera footage shows Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale being tackled by police outside his Florida home

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   Eliza Relman, Business Insider

Body camera footage shows Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale being tackled by police outside his Florida home

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

insider@insider.com (Eliza Relman)
Mon, September 28, 2020, 4:30 PM EDT

• The Fort Lauderdale police department released body camera footage showing former Trump campaign manager, Brad Parscale, being tackled and arrested outside his home on Sunday evening.

• His wife, Candice Parscale, told the police that Brad loaded a firearm and threatened to hurt himself.

• The video shows Parscale being tackled by officers after he eventually emerged from his home, shirtless and holding a beer.

• Responding officers, who observed bruises on Candice's face and body, seized 10 firearms from the couple's home, according to a police report obtained by Business Insider.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .

Fort Lauderdale police on Monday released body camera footage showing President Donald Trump's former campaign manager, Brad Parscale, being tackled and arrested outside his home on Sunday.

His wife, Candice Parscale, called the police on Sunday, saying her husband had loaded a firearm and threatened to hurt himself,   according to a police report obtained by Business Insider .

After a prolonged standoff, Brad was taken into custody and hospitalized under Florida's Baker Act, which allows individuals to be involuntarily hospitalized if they're believed to pose a threat to themselves or others.

The three-minute video shows Candice standing outside the couple's house in a bathing suit and wrapped in a towel, telling Officer Timothy Skaggs that she fled the house in fear and later heard what sounded like a gunshot come from inside the home.

"He's acting crazy, so I went outside to the backyard and let him just chill out," she said in the video. "And he was just going irate. And he came out of his office, cocked a gun, went back and I was like, 'OK, this is f---ed up,' and so I went to the front yard."

Skaggs spoke with Brad on the phone, urging him to "come outside with no weapons," according to the body cam video. Brad initially refused to do so.

Later in the video, Brad, who is about 6-foot-8, came out of his house, shirtless and carrying a beer. He approached another officer who he's reportedly friendly with and said, "Listen, I'm not trying to kill myself. She's lying. I'm your friend."

Shortly after, several other officers approached Brad, repeatedly telling him to "get on the ground." When he made no immediate moves to do so, two officers tackled him with what the police report described as a "double leg take down."

Brad repeatedly said, "I didn't do anything," as the officers rolled him onto his stomach, handcuffed him, and helped him back to his feet.

Candice told officers that her husband had post-traumatic stress disorder and had been violent and threatened to harm himself in recent weeks, per the police report.

Law enforcement seized 10 firearms — two shotguns, a .22 caliber revolver, five handguns, and two rifles — from the Parscale residence, according to the report.

Police also reported that Candice had several bruises on her face and body, which she said were the result of her husband assaulting her days before. She did not report that assault at the time.

"While speaking with Candace Parscale [sic] I noticed several large sized contusions on both of her arms, her cheek and forehead," Detective Steven Smith wrote in a report on the incident. "When I asked how she received the bruising, Candace Parscale stated Brad Parscale hits her."

Police reported that Brad smelled of alcohol. He is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation at Broward Health Medical Center and has not been charged with any crimes.

Brad   was removed   from his position as Trump's reelection campaign manager in July, reportedly over campaign spending concerns, and was replaced by then-deputy campaign manager Bill Stepien. He's stayed on the team as an advisor.

If you or someone you know is struggling with depression or has had thoughts of harming themselves or taking their own life, get help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline  (1-800-273-8255) provides 24/7, free, confidential support for people in distress, as well as best practices for professionals and resources to aid in prevention and crisis situations.

Read the original article on   Business Insider

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Fort Lauderdale police on Monday released body camera footage showing President Donald Trump's former campaign manager, Brad Parscale, being tackled and arrested outside his home on Sunday.

His wife, Candice Parscale, called the police on Sunday, saying her husband had loaded a firearm and threatened to hurt himself,      according to a police report obtained by Business Insider   .

After a prolonged standoff, Brad was taken into custody and hospitalized under Florida's Baker Act, which allows individuals to be involuntarily hospitalized if they're believed to pose a threat to themselves or others.

The three-minute video shows Candice standing outside the couple's house in a bathing suit and wrapped in a towel, telling Officer Timothy Skaggs that she fled the house in fear and later heard what sounded like a gunshot come from inside the home.

"He's acting crazy, so I went outside to the backyard and let him just chill out," she said in the video. "And he was just going irate. And he came out of his office, cocked a gun, went back and I was like, 'OK, this is f---ed up,' and so I went to the front yard."

Skaggs spoke with Brad on the phone, urging him to "come outside with no weapons," according to the body cam video. Brad initially refused to do so.

Later in the video, Brad, who is about 6-foot-8, came out of his house, shirtless and carrying a beer. He approached another officer who he's reportedly friendly with and said, "Listen, I'm not trying to kill myself. She's lying. I'm your friend."

Shortly after, several other officers approached Brad, repeatedly telling him to "get on the ground." When he made no immediate moves to do so, two officers tackled him with what the police report described as a "double leg take down."

Brad repeatedly said, "I didn't do anything," as the officers rolled him onto his stomach, handcuffed him, and helped him back to his feet.

Candice told officers that her husband had post-traumatic stress disorder and had been violent and threatened to harm himself in recent weeks, per the police report.

So after the standoff he comes out with a beer in hand and says 'he didn't do anything'?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

meh, look for incidents like this to be a common occurrence, starting in about 5 weeks. the sudden realization among inner circle members of the failed 4th reich that their fuhrer would readily throw any one of them under the bus, because he can't face his own short comings, is a bitter pill to swallow.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

So this trumpturd supporter, Pascale, also likes to knock his wife around.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago

10 to 1 she's already got a divorce lawyer. time to score half the assets before brad's next episode destroys their net worth. hook'em and clean'em candy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @3.1    4 years ago
Look at the trumpturd supporters bending over backwards to defend this piece of shit.  
Time to clean him out!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

PTSD, from what, being on the trumpturd campaign?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Is it wrong of me to take great pleasure of them taking this trumpturd supporter down?  Tackling him?  As he repeatedly says 'I didn't do anything?"