╌>

Trump Somehow Not Likable Even After Being Coached by Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  29 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Somehow Not Likable Even After Being Coached by Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani | The New Yorker
After the debate, staffers were baffled that Trump could appear so off-putting and odious after being prepped by two of the nation's most beloved and appealing public figures.

Trump is having a lot of trouble overcoming his natural unlikeability...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

undefined

By Andy Borowitz

September 30, 2020 Borowitz-TrumpDebatePrep.jpg Photograph by Win McNamee / Getty

CLEVELAND, OHIO (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump somehow seemed unlikeable and obnoxious in his first 2020 debate performance, despite extensive pre-debate coaching from Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani, campaign staffers have confirmed.

After the debate, staffers were baffled that Trump could appear so off-putting and odious after being prepped by two of the nation's most beloved and appealing public figures.

"Call it an aura, if you will, or a kind of magic, but Chris and Rudy have that special sauce that makes people want to hug them," one aide said. "We all thought that, by putting Trump in the same room with them, some of their fairy dust would rub off on him."

"It didn't happen," the aide said. "Chalk it up to the mysteries of politics."

In the wake of Trump's abysmal performance, the campaign is replacing Christie and Giuliani as coaches for the second debate. "It's more important than ever to make Trump likable, and that's why we're bringing in Mitch McConnell and Devin Nunes," the aide said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Polls find Trump is less likeable than tooth decay!

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Are venereal warts more likeable than Trump?

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Next time maybe Devin Nunez, Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham can coach Trump on likeability...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    4 years ago

8347754083c90c9e6f2126dae8c0d302

Lindsey Graham photographed with leader of white nationalist group Proud Boys

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4    4 years ago

I wonder if Miss G showed him all her ladybugs...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4.1    4 years ago

I bet Ms. Lindsey had that bad boy put him over his knees and spank him silly.  

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @4    4 years ago

He looks awfully happy there...

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

You have to admit that Rudy and Chris did a hell'a job. Trump was so good that he insulted himself.

Now if Rudy and Chris could teach the Trumps (family) to wear a mask it would be a marked improvement over Trump's debate performance. 

Hold on, Chris doesn't know how to wear a mask.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

That Rose Garden event about wiped out the gop!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @5.1    4 years ago

Campaign rally's are not supposed to be conducted in the Rose Garden to begin with.  It is in violation of the Hatch Act and Public law: Pub.L. 76–252   Attend one and come down with the CV, then you get what you deserve.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.1    4 years ago

I was about to hit you up on chat and mention that it was the SCOTUS nomination event.  Then I realized you were 100% right.  That's exactly what it was:  a campaign rally.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.2    4 years ago

They are all campaign rallys.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.2  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

Don't tell me that's Chris Christie's real face...

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @5.2    4 years ago

all 40 pounds of it ...

Professor Guide
6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

I think I love Andy Borowitz.

Professor Guide
7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Sorry to break in with off topic stuff, but Trump's motorcade just drove by the people gathered outside of Walter Reed.  Holy crap, he's waving at people.  I guess he's going back to the WH.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7    4 years ago

too many "suckers" and "losers" were trying to get to him in walter reed and fit him with a prosthetic skull.

Professor Guide
7.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @7.1    4 years ago

He went back to his hospital suite.  It was a stupid photo op.  I'm surprised he wasn't holding up a bible.  What a jerk.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1.1    4 years ago

a bible would have burnt his hand off this time.

Professor Guide
8  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Apologies for the pointless derail, jbb.  Please delete at will.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Borowitz and the New Yorker. A blatant extreme leftist liberal reporting rag! I don't trust anything coming from them. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1  Gsquared  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9    4 years ago

You don't trust Borowitz but you trust the satire coming out of the White House?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Gsquared @9.1    4 years ago

Please tell me where I have ever said that? In point of fact, I am a right leaning conservative registered Independent who is nowhere near a Trump supporter. I am just far less of a leftist/liberal Biden/Harris supporter. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9.1.1    4 years ago

Neither Joe Biden or Kamala Harris are leftists. Do you have anything else or are you just searching for a reason to vote to re-elect the worst president in American history? 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.2    4 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Have a good evening Sir.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9.1.1    4 years ago

As a "right leaning conservative registered independent,"  what are the five most important goals or agendas that would seal your vote?

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9.1.3    4 years ago

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @9.1.5    4 years ago

Cockwomble and shitgibbon fit Trump to a T.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9    4 years ago

Borowitz is satire.  [Deleted]