╌>

“Don Jr. Thinks Trump Is Acting Crazy”: The President’s COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  21 comments

“Don Jr. Thinks Trump Is Acting Crazy”: The President’s COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided
The president’s recklessness at Walter Reed has Don Jr. pushing for an intervention, but Ivanka and Jared “keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source says.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Donald Trump ’s erratic and reckless behavior in the last 24 hours has opened a rift in the Trump family over how to rein in the out-of-control president, according to two Republicans briefed on the family conversations. Sources said   Donald Trump Jr . is deeply upset by his father’s decision to drive around Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last night with members of the Secret Service while he was infected with COVID-19. “Don Jr. thinks Trump is acting crazy,” one of the sources told me. The stunt outraged medical experts,  including  an attending physician at Walter Reed. 

According to sources, Don Jr. has told friends that he tried lobbying   Ivanka Trump,   Eric Trump , and   Jared Kushner   to convince the president that he needs to stop acting unstable. “Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source said. Don Jr. is said to be reluctant to confront his father alone. “Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’” the source added. 

One area where the family seems united is over the president’s manic tweeting early Monday morning. After Trump sent out more than a dozen all-caps tweets, the Trump children told people they want Trump to stop. “They’re all worried. They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting,” a source close to the family told me.  

The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times   reported  that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”

There is a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness. According to a Trump family friend, Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr., insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s. “To retire is to expire!” Fred Sr. would say. The friend said that as Fred Sr.’s disease worsened––he once came down the stairs wearing three neckties––the family created a system so that Fred could think he was still running the Trump Organization. Every day Fred Sr. would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said. 

The White House did not immediately respond for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I guess Don Jr. didn't care about the first 500 times his father acted crazy, but the 501st put him over the edge. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Marine One just landed to pick up Trump and return him to the WH.  The man's nuts.  Now he's going to infect the people that are filling in for all the people who have tested positive.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    4 years ago

I was not sure if this should be tagged satire.

I'm still not sure.

Professor Guide
3.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @3    4 years ago
I was not sure if this should be tagged satire.

Wait, what?  This is satire?  I didn't know Vanity Fair did satire.  If it is, I fell for it 100%.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

“Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’”

Don Jr. learned better that day he told dad he wanted to join the military.  He ain’t no sucker.

Professor Guide
4.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    4 years ago

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever.  Where the hell have you been?!  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    4 years ago

Staying sane (aka away from this place).  How’ve you been, sister?

Professor Guide
4.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.1    4 years ago
How’ve you been, sister?

Fabulous, more or less.  Still trying to fight the good fight.

We've all been missing you.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

So Jr thinks he acting crazy now. Where the hell has Jr been for the last four years?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    4 years ago

Article must be false.  Don Jr., the big game hunter alleged he thinks?  Wonder what he was thinking when he told those reporters not so long ago that the Trump's, Trump businesses and Trump organization, "Gets most of it's money from Russia?"  Oh that's right.  Don Jr. doesn't think.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8  Gsquared    4 years ago

The return of Super Spreader...  I think he needs to call a Cabinet meeting immediately, make sure Barr, DeVos and Pompeo are there, and invite Mitch!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

Donald might admit he never had it and blame the left for freaking out over his sarcasm.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
 a source says.

so... just more bs.

some never learn.