╌>

Famed Libertarian John McAfee Indicted For Tax Evasion

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  15 comments

Famed Libertarian John McAfee Indicted For Tax Evasion

The Daily Beast

@thedailybeast

John McAfee, a computer programmer best known for his anti-virus software, has been indicted on federal tax evasion charges after allegedly hiding assets from the IRS, including real property, a vehicle, and a yacht

NwZugV7C?format=jpg&name=small

McAfee Associates Founder Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges

The Department of Justice alleges computer programmer John McAfee concealed assets from the IRS, including real estate, a vehicle, and a yacht.

thedailybeast.com

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Not a surprise. Libertarians don't want to pay taxes. 

-

Discussing the current state of the U.S. government, McAfee said during an interview with The Alex Jones Show,"We don't have a clue where our tax dollars go, what's actually happening."

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

I didn’t know al sharpton is a libertarian.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
John McAfee, a computer programmer best known for his anti-virus software, has been indicted on federal tax evasion charges after allegedly hiding assets from the IRS, including real property, a vehicle, and a yacht, the Department of Justice said Monday. McAfee, the founder of McAfee Associates, has been charged with tax evasion and willful failure to file tax returns, according to an unsealed June indictment following his arrest in Spain. Prosecutors allege McAfee earned millions of dollars from promoting cryptocurrencies, consulting, speaking engagements, and selling his life story for a documentary—but failed to file tax returns from 2014 and 2018. To avoid tax liability, McAfee allegedly directed his income to several bank accounts and cryptocurrency accounts and bought several items, including real estate, a yacht, and a car. The indictment, however, does not allege McAfee received any income from the anti-virus company he once founded.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

How does one hide a yacht? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3    4 years ago

Ask John Kerry.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    4 years ago

I have McAfee anti virus.  Wow.  A true libertarian would not have a computer, instead they'd have a rake, hoe and shovel.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

Here John shows you how to uninstall that garbage. He says it’s junk. It’s a great video. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

I think a lot of people have it. I now have Norton

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2    4 years ago

I’ve had Norton miss some malware and had to run Malwarebytes to catch the stuff Norton missed on a Mac.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2    4 years ago

I have Avast free anti-virus and Malwarebytes to remove anything the anti-virus misses.  I rarely ever have something slip through. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

One could make a living turning in libertarians to the IRS and collect your 10% when the IRS nails them.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

I didn't know there was a reward!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago

LOL

this will be fun to watch.

think he goes to jail?