╌>

Stephen Miller Has the Coronavirus

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  23 comments

By:   Ben Dreyfuss (Mother Jones)

Stephen Miller Has the Coronavirus
Stephen Miller, the extremist anti-immigrant Trump adviser who has promoted white nationalist ideas, lost a relative to the coronavirus pandemic, and his uncle tells Mother Jones that the Trump administration is partly to blame for this death. On July 4, David Glosser, the brother of Miller's mother, posted a Facebook note announcing the death […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

July 23:

Stephen Miller, the extremist anti-immigrant Trump adviser who has promoted white nationalist ideas, lost a relative to the coronavirus pandemic, and his uncle tells Mother Jones that the Trump administration is partly to blame for this death.

On July 4, David Glosser, the brother of Miller's mother, posted a Facebook note announcing the death of his mother, Ruth Glosser, who was Miller's maternal grandmother:

This morning my mother, Ruth Glosser, died of the late effects of COVID-19 like so many thousands of other people; both young and old. She survived the acute infection but was left with lung and neurological damage that destroyed her will to eat and her ability to breathe well enough to sustain arousal and consciousness. Over an 8-week period she gradually slipped away and died peacefully this morning.

David Glosser is a retired neuropsychologist and passionate Trump critic who has publicly decried Miller for his anti-immigrant policies, and he contends that Trump's initial "lack of a response" to the coronavirus crisis led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans who might have otherwise survived. In an interview, he says, "With the death of my mother, I'm angry and outraged at [Miller] directly and the administration he has devoted his energy to supporting."

October 6:

"Today, I tested positive for COVID-19 and am in quarantine," Miller said in a statement.

A lot of things that have happened over the last four years could have been avoided if someone in the Trump administration had gone to theater camp as a kid or minored in dramatic theory in college.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
WASHINGTON (REUTERS) - White House senior adviser Stephen Miller said he had tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, the latest case of coronavirus reported among Donald Trump's inner circle since the Republican president announced he had the virus last week.

"Over the last 5 days I have been working remotely and self-isolating, testing negative every day through yesterday," Miller said in a statement.

"Today, I tested positive for COVID-19 and am in quarantine."

Trump returned to the White House on Monday after three nights in a military hospital, urging Americans not to be afraid and not to let the coronavirus dominate their lives.

The pandemic has killed more the 210,000 people in the United States, more than any other country.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

[removed]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

His grandmother died of covid. He needs to hope there isn't a genetic disposition towards poor covid outcomes in his family. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

Catching the virus is a show of being really weak. /s

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
"Over the last 5 days I have been working remotely and self-isolating, testing negative every day through yesterday," Miller said in a statement.
"Today, I tested positive for COVID-19 and am in quarantine."

Bill Barr has refused to quarantine because he says he has tested negative.  Same as Miller, who now says he has covid.  Barr could be going around infecting god knows how many people. Barr was in the middle of the RoseGarden superspreader and it would surprise absolutely no one if he has it and it took ten days to evidence. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    4 years ago

It's simply amazing that no Democrats are being reported as  having caught the virus.

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @5    4 years ago

Maybe that's amazing to you Greg,  but Democrats don't do super spreader events.  Democrats tend to listen to science and follow medical guidelines.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1    4 years ago

Like a bunch of obedient sheep?  Just being good little progressive Marxist soldiers, huh?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.1    4 years ago
Like a bunch of obedient sheep? 

Obedient HEALTHY sheep.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.1    4 years ago

The only sheep around here are those still bleating their livers out in support of Trump.

BTW...... Progressives follow science, conservatives follow dogma.