╌>

Today's video from The Lincoln Project: "Proof"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  38 comments

By:   The Lincoln Project

Today's video from The Lincoln Project: "Proof"
Donald Trump caused the problem. And we will fix it tomorrow.

From the video:

Reporter:

BUT YOU DID DISBAND THE WHITE HOUSE PANDEMIC OFFICE.

A simple fact that Trump and his ass-kissing cult members constantly try to deny!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

PROOF

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

DONALD TRUMP SAID THE PANDEMIC CAME OUT OF NOWHERE.

HE IS LYING.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

WE WERE READY.

WE HAD A PLAN.

WHAT WENT WRONG?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

TRUMP IGNORED THE SCIENCE.

TRUMP IGNORED THE EXPERTS.

TRUMP IGNORED THE TRUTH.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @3    4 years ago

I have seen the experts repeatedly say that that is not true.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    4 years ago

You have seen Trumps hand picked and controlled experts who don't have any actual expertise in virology "repeatedly say that that is not true".

The actual experts are in agreement, Trump ignored the science, ignored the experts and ignored the truth.

“I wanted to always play it down,” - DJT

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    4 years ago

So now you're actually calling me a lair to my face?

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.1.3  Gazoo  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    4 years ago

Two of the experts, fauci and birx, said this back in march,

”Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.“

so i’d say you’re wrong.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    4 years ago
I have seen the experts repeatedly say that that is not true

And I have seen the opposite-- repeatedly!!!

(What have other people heard...???)

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    4 years ago

Links (note the plural) would be lovely.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    4 years ago

Wow. Calm down. I didn’t say anything about you lying. I told you what I saw. Drs. Birx and Fauci have said in multiple interviews that Trump listens to them and follows their advice.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.5    4 years ago
Links (note the plural) would be lovely.

Sure.

US Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator Tells CBN News: 'Communities Have the Ability to Stop Spreading Virus'

Birx explained that President Trump has been mindful of the details that continue to come in about the COVID-19. "He has been so attentive to the details and the data and his ability to analyze and integrate data has been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues," she added. 

Fauci discusses Trump, projected COVID-19 peaks with JAMA

"The one thing I’ve found to be absolutely clear is, he does listen," Fauci continued. "He might go out and express it in a different way, but at the end of the day, he takes very seriously what I and Dr. Birx and others tell him.

Fauci: Media should stop 'pitting' me against Trump

Fauci said that Trump does listen to his expertise and the opinions of other officials on the task force.  "The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."

How Fauci and Birx got Trump to listen to science

"We argued strongly with the President that he not withdraw those guidelines after 15 days but that he extend them, and he did listen," Fauci said on CNN this week. "Dr. Debbie Birx and I went into together in the Oval Office and leaned over the desk and said, here are the data, take a look. He looked at them, he understood them, and he just shook his head and said, 'I guess we've got to do it.' "

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Reporter:

BUT YOU DID DISBAND THE WHITE HOUSE PANDEMIC OFFICE.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4    4 years ago

HOW MANY MORE WILL DIE?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @4.1    4 years ago

That is not a concern of the man currently 'squatting' in the WH.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    4 years ago

America is hopeful of being delivered from Trump!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

Trump didn't cause the problem.  His failures were that he didn't understand the problem, falsely and vainly believing the problem was against him personally.  For a man, Trump, who's only thoughts are personal, his ultimate failure is his distorted belief that the personal Trump is the only thing that matters.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     4 years ago

To this very minute, he is lying/ignoring that the virus is spreading like wildfire and that thousands are dying. It isn't going to stop because of the lying this Trump continues to do.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @7    4 years ago
To this very minute, he is lying/ignoring that the virus is spreading like wildfire and that thousands are dying. It isn't going to stop because of the lying this Trump continues to do.

Yes, that's the real problem.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @7    4 years ago

Obama put a boot up Trump's ass today. He said here is Trump, on his last day of the campaign , desperate to try and make a case that he deserves another term, and Trump is still talking about how he had a larger inauguration day crowd than Obama.  Obama couldn't stop laughing. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.2.1  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2    4 years ago

Obama, and all the sleazy establishment politicians that came before him, are the reason trump became president. Hope and change, pffft.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.2.2  bbl-1  replied to  Gazoo @7.2.1    4 years ago

Nah.  Russian effective propaganda on the weak and insipid brought Trump.  Coupled with an 'electoral system' which only exists in the US, a system designed to appease the slave states in the new nation.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.2.3  Gazoo  replied to  bbl-1 @7.2.2    4 years ago

Russian propaganda? Oh, please go into detail about that, if you can.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gazoo @7.2.3    4 years ago
Russian propaganda?

It wasn't just the Russian propaganda that pushed lies about Hillary and Democrats, or the stolen emails they released to embarrass them, it was the Russian propaganda that appealed to the disaffected white conservative Christian who still believed that the "white Christian patriarchy" was the best model of governance and that "diversity" is a bad word and can only lead to the destruction of their fantasy white Christian paradise. Putin used that to rile up the white nationalists, confederate lovers, white supremacists and right wing fascists who are desperate to take down Obama and conserve their power in the South and have always dreamed of the "South rising again". Putin hates them just as much as the rest of America, but they have become useful idiots to him, pawns he can control and manipulate. Could anyone ever imagine back in the mid 1980's that some Republicans would widely approve of this?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRnFeWahLc28uiPI4QUhb1I38RQ33etcWVHIQ&usqp=CAU

Could you even imagine that the 1984 Republican convention? Seriously?

But that is what the Republican party has been reduced to, sniveling sycophants of a murderous authoritarian simply because he helped a dumber American equivalent get elected.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.2.5  Gazoo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.2.4    4 years ago

That is one of the dumbest posts i’ve ever seen. Congrats. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

The idea that Trump is actively trying to lie to America about the virus seems too simplistic and the wrong conclusion. I don't think he is in a position to lie about it effectively. He doesn't know enough and he's not involved enough.

I do think that in his public speaking and his daily actions, Trump has engaged in wishful thinking when it comes to the virus. He doesn't want anyone to be able to say that things are going badly while he is in charge, whether he is responsible for it or not. He is pretty insecure in that way. He is always selling the idea that everything he touches is awesome.

The biggest harms that have arisen out of that are that it may have delayed the use of masks by some people who look to him for influence, and of course his rallies full of people without masks probably spread the disease. By wishing it would go away, he has probably made things worse. It's hard to say how much worse, though. His opponents would have us believe that 200K+ people have died as a direct result of Trump. That's crazy.

He is letting others handle it while he tries to keep people thinking positive. There's actually nothing wrong with that in the abstract. He should be delegating on this issue. I would prefer though, that the Surgeon General be the one who opines on the virus publicly and not Trump.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
The idea that Trump is actively trying to lie to America about the virus seems too simplistic and the wrong conclusion

Well, its no surprise that it would seem that way to someone like you.

But the facts are this-- he lies. Repeatedly!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @8.1    4 years ago
someone like you

Gee, that doesn't bigoted at all, does it?

Did you not see or were you unable to discern that I was critical of Trump in my comment? How could you miss that?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
The idea that Trump is actively trying to lie to America about the virus seems too simplistic and the wrong conclusion

Perhaps if you actually watched the video-- which lays out the facts clearly, you wouldn't [deleted denying them!]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @8.2    4 years ago

I did watch the video. I find it to be full of a lot of inaccurate anti-Trump bias that we have already seen for months in the media. What I didn't see was facts tied to a reasoned argument.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
The biggest harms that have arisen out of that are that

That the U.S. has more cases of the Virus than any other country in the world. (Do you not know that? Or...perhaps you don't care about human suffering?)

All that's due to Trump's downplaying the Virus, telling people it was under controL,, and other blatant lies.

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR NEWS FROM-- PRAVDA?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @8.3    4 years ago

Meanwhile Dr Atlas goes on RT bashing our virologists and previous COVID policies

not realizing, ( he says ), that RT stands for Russian Television, a registered foreign agent

and chief purveyor of Russian disinformation.

And other Administration would have tossed his ass out of the WH, post haste.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

By wishing it would go away, he has probably made things worse.

Probably?

And by their extremist policies, both Hitler and Stalin probably caused some discomfort to a few people...

(Probably-- although of course we can't really be sure of that!)

DUH!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.4.2  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @8.4    4 years ago
Hitler and Stalin

That's the core of a winning argument.

/s

Professor Guide
8.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
The idea that Trump is actively trying to lie to America about the virus seems too simplistic and the wrong conclusion. I don't think he is in a position to lie about it effectively. He doesn't know enough and he's not involved enough.

What an absurd statement.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.5.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.5    4 years ago

I'd be a lot more interested in your opinion if you actually reasoned it out. Do you imagine that you are changing anyone's mind with that comment? Do you think it's persuasive?

Professor Guide
8.5.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tacos! @8.5.1    4 years ago
I'd be a lot more interested in your opinion if you actually reasoned it out. Do you imagine that you are changing anyone's mind with that comment? Do you think it's persuasive?

So sorry darling, but if you haven't figured out Trump's deal by now, that's on you.  And for the record, had changing your mind been my goal, you would have known it.

Dump Trump 2020!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.5.3  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.5.2    4 years ago

I see. If I don't hate him 100% as much as you, I must be his devoted fan. Talk about simplistic.