╌>

American Jews vote overwhelmingly for Biden with 56 point margin - poll - The Jerusalem Post

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   The Jerusalem Post JPost. com

American Jews vote overwhelmingly for Biden with 56 point margin - poll - The Jerusalem Post
The poll also found that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is seen highly unfavorably among American Jews.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF NOVEMBER 4, 2020 21:09 US DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL candidate Joe Biden arrives at a campaign event in Hermantown, Minnesota, September 18, 2020 (photo credit: JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS)

The poll also found that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is seen highly unfavorably among American Jews.

Advertisement A GBAO poll commissioned by J Street found that Jewish voters voted for nominee Joe Biden with a 56 percentage point margin over President Donald Trump in the US 2020 presidential election. Some 77% of Jewish voters voted for Biden, compared to 21% who cast their votes for Trump, according to the poll. This is the worst presidential election performance by Republicans among the Jewish community since 2008, according to J Street. In congressional races, American Jews supported Democratic candidates by a similar margin - 78% to 21%.
"In this historically pivotal election, Jewish voters have just totally repudiated Donald Trump and a Republican Party that has catered to the most far-Right, xenophobic elements of the country," said J Street president Jeremy Ben-Ami. "While Trump touted an 'exodus' of Jews from the Democratic Party, the only exodus we saw here was Republicans losing a significant chunk of their already small number of Jewish supporters," he said. "A strategy built on the myth that Jewish votes can be won with hawkish Israel policy is bound to fail, when over and over again American Jews have demonstrated that they are among the most progressive voters in the American electorate, with views on Israel that are pro-diplomacy and pro-peace," Ben-Ami said. Some 49% of poll respondents identified themselves as "strong Democrats," while only 11% identified themselves as "strong Republicans." The poll found that American Jews voted primarily on the issues of the coronavirus pandemic, climate change, healthcare and the economy, with only 5% listing Israel as their most or second-most important issue. This is only about half the 9% that listed Israel as one of their top two priorities in 2016. The poll also found that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is seen highly unfavorably among American Jews. His favorability is rated at -30, a steep fall from +30 in 2014 and +12 in 2016. Three-quarters (74%) of Jewish voters supported rejoining the Iran nuclear agreement, and 75% believed that the US should pressure Israelis and Palestinians to make peace. "Jewish voters continue to overwhelmingly support Democratic candidates, evenhanded US engagement in efforts to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, a two-state solution and a return to Obama-era policies such as the Iran nuclear agreement," said pollster Jim Gerstein. J Street is a pro-Israel, pro-peace, liberal advocacy group. The survey has a confidence level of 95% and a +/- 3.5 percentage point margin of error. TagsAmerican JewryjewsJews in America2020 United States electionsUS elections 2020

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Contrary to what you have falsely heard elsewhere!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

"Justice, Justice shall you pursue" and Jews do. As well "Tikun Olam" i.e. 'Heal the world', and Jews try.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    4 years ago

It did not get much coverage in the big media but the weekend before the election those Trump pickup caravans, some of them purported to be "Jews For Trump", smashed the windows of many Muslim owned businesses in the Bronx and spray painted both Stars of David AND Swastikas!

The FBI is investigating. I found this very disturbing.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

I'd guess that it's a false flag. I have a hard time imagining Jews using either symbol... and using both is pretty much inconceivable. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.1    4 years ago

I owe it to them being Trump supporters.

Whoever did it is racist and really stupid...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    4 years ago

This is a "both sides do it... but one side does it much, much more". 

Dirty tricks are a Republican specialty. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.3    4 years ago

Got to agree with you. I think it's a false flag, too. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.4    4 years ago

Me too.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

My sister converted sixty years ago. She is ultra-conservative. TrumpTrueBeliever.

I gave up trying to persuade her of anything a long time ago. 

It would be an emotional explosion to ask her the question that should haunt all American Jews: "How many previous fascists have not persecuted the Jews?" 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Bob Nelson @3    4 years ago

I saw some goppers crowing about how well Trump had done with Jews. That simply was not true. The gop got their lowest support in recent history from American Jewish voters in 2020. Biden got 77% of the American Jewish vote which is outstanding!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson @3    4 years ago

Bob,

Is your sister orthodox because they do tend to vote for Trump. They see him as good for Israel. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2    4 years ago

Conservative - keeps kosher. AGW denialist since forever. Fiercely opposed to Obamacare.

You understand why we avoid politics...