Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Mary Papenfuss, HuffPost

Steve Bannon: I'd Put Anthony Fauci's Head On A Pike As A 'Warning'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Steve Bannon: I'd Put Anthony Fauci's Head On A Pike As A 'Warning'

Mary Papenfuss
Trends Reporter, HuffPost

Thu, November 5, 2020, 7:57 PM EST

Former White House strategist Steve Bannon  on Thursday discussed the imagined beheadings of infectious disease expert Dr.  Anthony Fauci  and FBI Director  Christopher Wray , saying he would like to put their “heads on pikes” outside the White House as a “warning.”

Bannon described his outrageous scenario on his podcast “War Room: Pandemic” by first characterizing Trump as a “kind-hearted man” who presumably would be opposed to such an action.

But as for Bannon: “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I’d put the heads on pikes. I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats,” he explained,   as Media Matters for America first reported .

“You either get with the program or you’re gone ― time to stop playing games,” Bannon added. “Blow it all up.”

Bannon’s co-host Jack Maxey appeared to agree, indicating that the men were “traitors.”

“You know what, Steve, yesterday there was the anniversary of the hanging of two Tories in Philadelphia,” Maxey said. “These were Quaker businessmen who had cohabitated, if you will, with the British while they were occupying Philadelphia. These people were hung. This is what we used to do to traitors.”

“That’s how you win the revolution,” Bannon said. “The revolution wasn’t some sort of garden party. It was a civil war.”

Twitter permanently suspended one of Bannon’s accounts, and YouTube   removed his video about the severed heads   of federal officials.

Fauci, the director of the   National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases , has urged the public to follow strict measures to combat the coronavirus.

In August , he said that Tucker Carlson’s rhetoric on Fox News had prompted “some of the crazies in society to start threatening me.” Fauci is currently protected by extra government security after receiving death threats.

He went on to cite “divisiveness in the country” for further abetting those making threats against him, even though he is just “trying to promote public health principles to save people’s lives,” he said.

Fauci could not immediately be reached by HuffPost for a response to Bannon’s remarks.

The coronavirus has killed nearly a quarter of a million Americans.

Bannon is currently   out on bail on federal fraud charges   for allegedly   using hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations   on personal expenses. The money was raised to fund the private construction of a section of Trump’s southern border wall.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Once again, someone associated with this criminal enterprise of an administration is inciting violence/death against someone who dares to contradict this 'president' or dares to tell the truth.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2  devangelical    4 years ago

his own life is now worth a case of ramen in the big house. bummer.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @2    4 years ago

Where Trump will be sent, he'll still be able to play golf. Country club prison. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    4 years ago

His show has been pulled from both Twitter and Youtube.

He's a disgrace

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

He is still facing charges for fraud from his ''Build the Wall'' con job.

So we have an accused criminal calling for beheading. I'm sure that since the Director of the FBI, Wray was one of the targets and a high profile American, Dr. Fauci the other the FBI will be taking special interest in comments.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

I hope they do. Wray and Fauci are public officials. You can't go around threatening to put their heads on pikes

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5  cjcold    4 years ago

The fact that this race is even close destroys my faith in my fellow humans as being basically good by nature. My worldview has recently seen a change for the worse. Evil does exist in many minds.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  cjcold @5    4 years ago

Is that because the liberal Democrats did not get the landslide result they were predicting and wanting so bad?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1    4 years ago
Is that because the liberal Democrats did not get the landslide result they were predicting and wanting so bad?

I predict some serious violence in the streets after the vote is finalized.

While not the majority of either party, there are always a few nutcases in all political parties. So which one will create the violence?

Winners don't violently protest-- even if "the margin" isn't as big as they'd like.

But the losers do protest.

The answer is obvious-- whichever Party loses the election! 

(Which, IMO, is still too close to call).

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1    4 years ago

5 million more popular votes?  290 versus 219 electoral college.

It's not the ass whooping we wanted, but we'll take it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  Krishna    4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of his followers take that as a hint and start rioting in the streets.

(yes, I do think there will be violence in the streets).

And even scarier-- there are alway a few nutcases who will probably take this as an OK to go out and physically attack a doctor or two....jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1  evilone  replied to  Krishna @6    4 years ago

There's this report this morning - 

Two men who were found outside the Pennsylvania Convention Center are being held after Philadelphia police were notified of the threat of an attack, CBS Philly reports . Votes are being counted inside the center.

Police say they were alerted to the threat around 10 p.m. Thursday.

According to police, the threat involved a group of individuals from out of state driving in a silver Hummer.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

The New York Times is reporting that one of Bannon's lawyers quit over this.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7    4 years ago

Steve Bannon's lawyers quit after he calls for beheading of Dr Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray

Steve Bannon called for Fauci and FBI director Christopher Wray to be beheaded
Lawyers for former White House strategist Steve Bannon  are reportedly calling it quits after their client called for the  beheading  of  Dr Anthony Fauci  and FBI director Christopher “as a warning”.

In a one-page   letter , Mr Bannon’s lawyers asked a federal judge on Friday to postpone a hearing scheduled for Monday because they intend to withdraw from his case and so that Mr Bannon can retain new counsel.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Well, I guess I must be a strange one because to me the election has pretty much been decided as there is just zero way Trump can reasonably expect to be declared the winner. As a right leaning conservative Independent and I did not vote for Biden but the will of the people has spoken and for better or worse, Joe Biden will lead this country for the next four years and I accept that I respect the office of the President of the United States. Nothing says I have to respect the man sitting in said office though. Those that feel the need to protest and riot because the individual they wanted to win are sorely misguided and deserve to face the consequences of their actions. Donald Trump needs tp accept the fact that he has lost and step down with whatever grace and dignity he can muster or also face the consequences according to the law. The best thing the Republicans and Independent of my leaning can do is step back and examine what cost them the election and work on fixing that, within the framework of the law and the constitution in the next four years till the next election in 2024. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Grace and dignity, tRump?

LOL!