╌>

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened . --- Anonymous Trump white house official

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  5 comments

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened .  ---  Anonymous Trump white house official

"Others didn’t feel they had anything to explain or defend. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened,” a former White House official told me. “Live. Laugh. Love.” This person added, “Sometimes you own the libs; sometimes the libs own you.”"

Olivia Nuzzi  - New Yorker Intelligencer

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Seems like some white house officials think the last four years were a game. 

After all, the plan in 2015, before Trump formally announced his candidacy, had been to drop out of the race and return to   The Apprentice   claiming that he could’ve won if he’d wanted to (NBC inadvertently kept him on the campaign trail when they severed its relationship with him over his anti-immigrant comments). That’s not so different from how Trump is preparing to spin his real loss now. “In general, he hates losing. In general, is he gonna be happy? Do you think this is what he wants, to sit here as Joe Biden gives his acceptance speech? Absolutely not,” Nunberg said, “He lost to an idiot, and he’ll believe this whole thing was rigged and stolen.” The senior adviser said Trump’s talked about a plan to move to Mar-a-Lago full time instead of returning to Trump Tower.

In the weeks leading up to the election, certain White House officials and people close to the president were busy laying the groundwork for a post-Trump reputational and relationship recovery tour. Trump may be holding rallies and refusing to admit Biden is a legitimately elected president on prime-time Trump TV, but the anti-professional class of operators who assumed power on his coattails know that they’ll have to shape-shift if they want to survive. I received messages from multiple staffers who said they were counting down the days until freedom from the environment they entered, and stayed in, willingly. That they had so much to tell me now that it was too late to matter very much. That they were not the same as the others around them, the people who didn’t see the place, the presidency, for what it really was.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Seems like some white house officials think the last four years were a game.

And recently its becoming more and more obvious who the losers are!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  Krishna    4 years ago

Olivia Nuzzi!!!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    4 years ago

Another full of shit statement from the lamestream media using yet another fictitious anonymous source. And they wonder why no one believes their shit any longer.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3    4 years ago

I doubt she made it up. She is a highly regarded reporter. 

You don't think there have been Trump officials who did the whole thing to annoy liberals? I do.