╌>

Lindsey Graham: If Trump concedes election, Republicans will 'never' elect another president | TheHill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   Dominick Mastrangelo (TheHill)

Lindsey Graham: If Trump concedes election, Republicans will 'never' elect another president | TheHill
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned that President Trump should not concede defeat in the 2020 presidential election in part because Republicans will "never" be able to elect another president from their party again.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Dominick Mastrangelo Tweet Share More

Sen. Lindsey Grahamgrahamlindsey_201405gn.jpg?itok=baTLBXPF Lindsey Olin GrahamSunday shows preview: Joe Biden wins the 2020 electionGraham vows Senate Judiciary will investigate 'voting irregularities'Chris Wallace after Fox calls race for Biden: This is going to be 'increasingly untenable' for TrumpMORE (R-S.C.) warned that President Trumptrumpdonald_070117getty.jpg?itok=YIP2hsPW Donald John TrumpMary Trump celebrates Biden-Harris victory: 'To America. Thanks, guys'Biden gives shoutout to Black Americans in victory speech: 'You always have my back, and I'll have yours'Biden vows to heal divided nationMORE should not concede defeat in the 2020 presidential election in part because Republicans will "never" be able to elect another president from their party again.

"If Republicans don't challenge and change the U.S. election system, there will never be another Republican president elected again," Graham said Sunday on Fox News. "President Trump should not concede. We're down to less — 10,000 votes in Georgia. He's going to win North Carolina. We have gone from 93,000 votes to less than 20,000 votes in Arizona, where more — more votes to be counted."

Every major news network and The Associated Press on Saturday projected Joe Bidenbidenjoe_081315getty_0.jpg?itok=pS6Ifqu9 Joe BidenMary Trump celebrates Biden-Harris victory: 'To America. Thanks, guys'Biden gives shoutout to Black Americans in victory speech: 'You always have my back, and I'll have yours'Biden vows to heal divided nationMORE as the winner of the 2020 race for the White House. Trump has said he will not concede, alleging widespread voter fraud led to tens of thousands of illegal ballots being cast against him.

The Trump campaign has provided no evidence to back up the president's claims.

Biden, in a victory speech on Saturday evening, promised to work as hard for Americans who voted against him as those who voted for him.

Graham, one of Trump's closest allies on Capitol Hill and the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, won reelection in a tightly contested race of his own, the most expensive in U.S. Senate history.

"What happened? The Trump team has canvassed all early voters and absentee mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania, and they have found over 100 people they think were dead but 15 people that we verified that have been dead who voted," Graham alleged. "Here is the one that gets me: Six people registered after they died and voted. In Pennsylvania, I guess you're never out of it."

Other Republicans in Congress have suggested Trump should give up and let the Republican Party enter its next chapter.

"I think people are saying that conservative principles still account for the majority of public opinion in our country," Sen. Mitt Romneyromneymitt_111916getty_lead.jpg?itok=2Itgd_1f Willard (Mitt) Mitt RomneyHogan congratulates Biden, Harris on election victory: 'Everyone should want our president to succeed'Biden must do better than Trump's tariffs in challenging China on intellectual propertySunday shows preview: Joe Biden wins the 2020 electionMORE (R-Utah) said on Sunday.

The Trump campaign has filed lawsuits in several key battleground states that Biden won asking local judges to either invalidate or stop counting mail-in ballots, a record number of which were cast in this year's election due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

So change your ideas and positions shit head. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

A few years ago Lindsay Graham was a fairly respected US Senator, now he is just a clown who sold his soul to trumpism. There is a special place in hell awaiting Lindsay Graham.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

I knew he was an idiot, just didn't know how much of an idiot.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

He's a bit weird IMO. Republicans don't like him.

He never keeps his word...and changes unpredictably:

(Watch from 0 to o:56

Since this ad I believe he's shifted his position-- and may again.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    4 years ago

Lindsey I'm afraid to point out is correct & wrong at the same time.

Sooner or later I will get it through Lindsey's thick head that Trump was just an angry Democrat his whole life.

He only said he was a Republican to take advantage of the system and was probably stunned to win.  He killed the GOP from the inside.

Trump can have NC, there won't be enough votes to get Donald to 270.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1  cjcold  replied to  Split Personality @4    4 years ago

He pretends to be with whoever sucks his tiny dick.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Split Personality @4    4 years ago
He only said he was a Republican to take advantage of the system and was probably stunned to win.

Democrats do not respond well to lying, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, cowardly, draft dodging, con men.  He wouldn't have made it through the primaries as a Democrat.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago
"If Republicans don't challenge and change the U.S. election system, there will never be another Republican president elected again," Graham said Sunday on Fox News. "President Trump should not concede..."

Graham wants to change the U.S. Election system?  Bravo!!!  Do away with the electoral college and make America a democracy where every person's vote counts equally.  The Democrats are bound to agree. 

You're right again, Lindsay.  Trump should not concede.  He should piss on the gracious custom that has been followed for so many decades for the rest of the world to see, and be run out of the White House like this...

gettyimages-102171427.jpg

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6  pat wilson    4 years ago

Ah do believe Miss Lindsey is havin' tha vapahs !

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @6    4 years ago

I think Miss Lindsey is afraid of losing her influence he has enjoyed with Trump once McCain was gone. I don't think Biden will be as willing to fall for a two-faced liar like Trump.

PJ
Masters Quiet
7  PJ    4 years ago

Tonight's theme is skank for all the trumpy women.  So in keeping with this theme I am hereby calling Lindsey a skank

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

"Lindsey Graham: If Trump Concedes Election, Republicans Will 'Never' Elect Another President"

Hey, Lindsey, is that a promise?