╌>

New Trump Lawsuit Seeks to Overturn Obama's 2008 Election | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

New Trump Lawsuit Seeks to Overturn Obama's 2008 Election | The New Yorker
Throwing out Obama's win seems like a long shot to most legal scholars, who note that the former President won in 2008 by more than nine million votes.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Andy Borowitz

November 11, 2020 Photograph by Keith Bedford / Bloomberg / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In his latest legal action, Donald J. Trump has filed a lawsuit to overturn former President Barack Obama's election in 2008.

Throwing out Obama's win seems like a long shot to most legal scholars, who note that the former President won in 2008 by more than nine million votes and racked up three hundred and sixty-five Electoral College votes in a resounding landslide.

Further complicating Trump's case is that his lawsuit refers to no tangible evidence of voter fraud in 2008, other than a cryptic statement that "there were a lot of bad things going on."

Reached at his office at Netflix, Obama seemed unconcerned by the prospect of his 2008 election being overturned. "Look, I'm a TV producer," he said. "I've got scripts to read and rough cuts to watch. I don't have the kind of free time that Donald Trump has."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

I bet that Obama is shaking in his alligator loafers...

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Can we ask that Trump head to the golf course for the next 69 days.....?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago

Trump is sad...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Trump is now a charter member of the most exclusive club in the world. The One-Term President's Club...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

And he is also in a category of his own as a One-Term Impeached President. I believe he is the first.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Borowitz is a national treasure.