╌>

Ivanka Trump Says Georgia Will Decide Whether America Remains 'Land of the Free'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  40 comments

By:   Alexandra Hutzler (MSN)

Ivanka Trump Says Georgia Will Decide Whether America Remains 'Land of the Free'
"With your help, your voice and critically your vote, Georgia—Georgia will save America," Ivanka Trump said at a rally in the state.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

AA42JZ0.img?h=24&w=24&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&f=png Ivanka Trump Says Georgia Will Decide Whether America Remains 'Land of the Free'

President Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka said the future of the nation rests on the unprecedented double Senate runoff elections in Georgia next month.

"Georgia will decide whether our children will grow up under an oppressive government or whether America will remain the land of the free," she said Monday at a rally for Republican Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler.

Trump added, "With your help, your voice and critically your vote, Georgia—Georgia will save America."

All eyes are on the Peach State, as the runoff races will determine which party has majority control of the Senate. Loeffler and Perdue will face Democrats Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff on January 5.

Republicans are now set to control at least 50 seats in the upper chamber, while Democrats will have 46 seats. Two independent senators caucus with the Democrats, bringing their total vote power to 48.

If Perdue and Loeffler hang on to their seats, Republicans will have a majority, with 52 seats. But if they're defeated, control of the chamber will be split 50-50, and Democratic Vice President-elect Kamala Harris would be responsible for casting any tiebreaking votes.

In her speech Monday, Trump said the election of Loeffler and Perdue is essential to "keep our economy going, to keep delivering on the president's plans and to keep our schools open."

More than 1.4 million residents have already cast their ballots in the two races, according to data from the election website Georgia Votes. In-person early voting in Georgia started on December 14 and will continue until December 31 in some counties.

The latest polling showed the Republican incumbents gaining ground on Ossoff and Warnock. A survey conducted last week by the Trafalgar Group found Loeffler with a 6-point advantage and Perdue a 2-point lead among likely voters.

In her pitch to voters on Monday, Loeffler described Perdue and herself as "political outsiders" and businesspeople while criticizing her Democratic opponents as "radical candidates."

"We're going to show America this is a red state," Loeffler said, "and we're going to keep fighting for President Trump every single day."

Newsweek reached out to the Warnock and Ossoff campaigns for comment but did not hear back in time for publication.

Harris was also in Georgia on Monday, to stump for Ossoff and Warnock. During a drive-in rally in Columbus, the next vice president highlighted the national implications of the runoff outcomes.

"Let's get this done," Harris said. "I'm not here to tell you what is in your best interest. I am here to say that the decision you make, the work that you put into it, will impact people who you may never meet, people who may never know your name. But because of what you have done and are prepared to do, their lives will forever be better."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Ivanka Trump can do one thing well, and that is present herself as a physically attractive woman. When you get past that she is an empty vessel grifter who now wants to enter national politics.  Very sad. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
When you get past that she is an empty vessel grifter who now wants to enter national politics.

Pretty sure she's SOL on that one.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.4  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
present herself as a physically attractive woman.

Well it didn't come cheap (she's had a lot of work done... jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif )

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @1.4    4 years ago

She still won't pop for a five buck bottle of root touch up though.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

What in the world is Ivanka Trump doing giving political speeches? If anything she is less qualified to be in national politics than her idiot father. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago
If anything she is less qualified to be in national politics than her idiot father. 

That's why he appointed her!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.2    4 years ago
If anything she is less qualified to be in national politics than her idiot father. 
That's why he appointed her!

trump appoints underlings for loyalty-- or someone who constantly showers praise on him...not for brains.

Think about this-- if you were the subject of potentially serious lawsuits (or thought you might be in the future) would you pick a total moron like Rudy Giuliani as your lawyer? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  Krishna    4 years ago

Ivanka Trump Says Georgia Will Decide Whether America Remains 'Land Of The Free'

Well, I agree.

In part...

(After all, it is an exxageration...it while play a role in determining that, but of course there are other factors as well)

But at least for now, that election (where "only" 2 Senate seats are at stake) will to a large degree have a significant effect...

Why?

Because that single election will determine control of The Senate for the next 6 years! (A Democratic Senate would mean that the Democrats would control both Houses of Congress and The Presidency.....but if they do not gain control of the Senate their ability to pass laws will be stalled in the [Republican] Senate).

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3    4 years ago

P.S: Did I mention that Ivanka is a total moron?

(But we already knew that! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif )

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    4 years ago

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Gsquared @4    4 years ago

Snort!!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    4 years ago

Dear Ivanka "Concubine" Trump..

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    4 years ago

Lord, do flip Georgia senators. We need some understanding and cool comfort out here across the U.S. Loeffler and Perdue are promising to continue supporting (along with the rest) idiocy in the name of the biggest soon to be former president in this country's history. Donald Trump and his "posse" are one-trick ponies: Grifters.

Georgia give true democracy a chance. Flip! Flip! Flip!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  Krishna  replied to  CB @6    4 years ago

Currently hard to predict the outcome.

Previously I was pretty sure both Republicans would win.

But apparently there's been record enrollment amongst young voteras.

More and more people are realizing how Trump lied about the seriousness of Covid.which continues to spread...

His veto of Military spending Bill probably won't be popular in Georgia.

Information has begun to emerge of financial impropriety on the part of both Republican candidates...

And I'm not sure what the position of the two candidates is on the Covid relief bill-- do they support a reasonable number like $2000 for payments? Or do they want to limit their constituents payments to a mere $600 as so may Republicans do?

So IMO the races are currently too difficult to call...however I'm no longer certain the the  Republicans will win....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @6.1    4 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong, but did not Nancy Pelosi's House vote for that $600, and THAT is the bill that passed the Senate?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  CB  replied to  Krishna @6.1    4 years ago

Great assessment!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    4 years ago

Ivanka for pole dancer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @7    4 years ago
Ivanka for pole dancer.

Sounds misogynistic to me.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    4 years ago
[removed]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    4 years ago

CoC violation? Really? who did I violate? I wasn't talking to Texan or Trump's vagina or whateverthefuck he calls himself these days. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1    4 years ago

The MAGAs are edgy.