╌>

Pelosi's, McConnell's homes vandalized as $2K stimulus check bill fails to pass

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Kaelan Deese (MSN)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) respective homes were tagged with graffiti over the New Year's holiday as a bill that would up the amount of money included in coronavirus stimulus checks failed to pass in Congress Friday. Early Friday, Pelosi's San Francisco home was targeted with a spray-painted message that read, "$2K," "Cancel rent!" and "We want everything!" on the garage door of...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) respective homes were tagged with graffiti over the New Year's holiday as a bill that would up the amount of money included in coronavirus stimulus checks failed to pass in Congress Friday.

Early Friday, Pelosi's San Francisco home was targeted with a spray-painted message that read, "$2K," "Cancel rent!" and "We want everything!" on the garage door of her house, local NBC affiliate WLEX reported.

This violence is unacceptable. @SpeakerPelosi's house in California is reportedly vandalized - we should all be outraged by these acts. pic.twitter.com/E4XhVWtcKx
- Richard Grenell (@RichardGrenell) January 2, 2021

The Hill reached out to Pelosi's office but did not immediately receive a response.

On Saturday, McConnell's Louisville, Ky., house was targeted with graffiti on its front door that read, "Where's my money" and additional paint sprayed on a window.

House Democrats late last year passed a bill that would increase stimulus checks from $600 to $2,000.

However, the bill was blocked for the fourth straight day in the Senate on Friday, closing the door on an already unlikely chance that lawmakers would be able to get a bill to President Trump to sign before the end of the current Congress.

The 116th Congress ends Sunday morning.

The bill received support from several Republicans in the House at the time it was passed, and some Republicans in the Senate have indicated their support of the measure.

However, other Republicans are opposed to the bill, citing budget deficits.

McConnell had floated that the $2,000 checks could be tied to efforts to repeal Section 230 and form a commission to look into claims of voter fraud and irregularities in the November elections.

A spokesperson for McConnell's office released a statement to The Hill on Saturday condemning the vandalism against the majority leader's Kentucky home.

"I've spent my career fighting for the First Amendment and defending peaceful protest," McConnell said in the prepared statement. "I appreciate every Kentuckian who has engaged in the democratic process whether they agree with me or not."

"This is different. Vandalism and the politics of fear have no place in our society," the senator added.

"My wife and I have never been intimidated by this toxic playbook. We just hope our neighbors in Louisville aren't too inconvenienced by this radical tantrum," he continued.

Authorities in both cities continue to investigate the instances of graffiti to determine possible suspects, WLEX reported.

It is not immediately clear whether security cameras monitored McConnell's home, though the outlet noted that several surveillance cameras monitor Pelosi's home and the neighborhood.

Updated 3:19 p.m.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Oh.  Brother.  What's next? 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

It's okay, Sister! Congress needs to snap their asses out of their internal states of consciousness. People are dying out here, while candied ass politicians are enjoying the 'perks' of having salaried positions, life, and vaccines. Of course, some of them are doing it by hook and the others by crook!

Don't you worry. It's 'gone' be alright after awhile!

Just let expression play out for a minute or so.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago
Oh.  Brother.  What's next?

Even more violence on the eve of January 5th by Trump's goons if either of the 2 Dems wins the runoff...

Then probably even more violence by these Thugs on the 6th...... In fact, Pence is reportedly leaving the country to avoid possible violent attacks on himself and his family by the crazed loonies of the MAGA crowd. :-(

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @1.2    3 years ago
In fact, Pence is reportedly leaving the country to avoid possible violent attacks on himself and his family by the crazed loonies of the MAGA crowd.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, but I must say that he is as much to blame as any other Trump supporter with his 4 years of off-the-chain obvious butt smooching.  The man started every sentence with, "President Donald Trump is the greatest president the world has ever known!  There will never be another man on God's earth that will measure up to President Donald Trump.  And PS:  He has a really big weenie." 

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    3 years ago

Just re-imagine: Mitch McConnell in-charge and running our national policy from the Senate. Sorry-ass Mitch deciding who are this nation's winners and losers all by his damn self! There ought to be more in life than that as we continue to get older.  It is high time that we stare that ugly creature of a man down! He has done too much and more than enough to stifle life and progress already.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5  bugsy    3 years ago

Pelosi's, McConnell's homes vandalized

The left doing what they do best.