╌>

Last Chance For Trump Supporters To Handle The Truth

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  35 comments

Last Chance For Trump Supporters To Handle The Truth
There is a good argument for impeaching Trump over the Georgia phone call two days ago. If he is impeached and removed from office he would not be able to run again and perpetrate more deceit and criminality four years from now. 

After Wednesday there are no more checkpoints in the election and transition process where people can get off the Trump Train of their own accord. After that point the whole thing will be on its last leg , pulling into the final decrepit station and everyone will have to get off, at least in terms of a Trump presidency. 

One of the most famous lines in movie history is "You can't handle the truth". Now that is the lasting theme that can be applied to diehard Trump supporters. Do they really want to go down in history, (even if it is only their own personal history) as having refused to acknowledge that Donald Trump was unfit to hold the office of the President of the United States?  

There is a new call to impeach Trump, although it seems unlikely. Most Democrats want to continue to try and appeal to Trump supporters to come back into the fold of reasonable discourse. They want to put the whole sordid Trump realm behind us, but can't explain how that will happen when so many Trump supporters believe he walks on water. 

There is a good argument for impeaching Trump over the Georgia phone call two days ago. If he is impeached and removed from office he would not be able to run again and perpetrate more deceit and criminality four years from now. 

The Democrats could call emergency meetings of the relevant committees and have articles of impeachment through the House by the weekend. The trial in the Senate could be held in a single day next week, and he could be removed from office by Jan 15.  

Trump is on audio saying that he wants Georgia election officials to "find" exactly the number of votes needed to make him the winner there. That is a clear attempt to rig an election result. Numerous legal experts are saying that it is an obvious crime. Impeach him and remove him from office and we'll even let Pence pardon him before Biden takes the oath on Jan 20. 

Can Trumpsters, at long last, handle the truth ? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Trump is on audio saying that he wants Georgia election officials to "find" exactly the number of votes needed to make him the winner there. That is a clear attempt to rig an election result. Numerous legal experts are saying that it is an obvious crime. Impeach him and remove him from office and we'll even let Pence pardon him before Biden takes the oath on Jan 20. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Democrats have already impeached him.

They were unsuccessful at removing him from office.

Do you honestly believe impeachment is the most effective use of Nancy Pelosi's time, seeing as how it failed last time to produce the desired result?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 years ago

Yes, we will then have it on record which Republican members of Congress thought it was alright for him to try and intimidate the Georgia Secretary of State into falsifying the election results in Trump's favor. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

Good luck on that!

I don't even think Pelosi is stupid enough to try it again--but I may be overestimating her intelligence.

On what specific charge would this impeachment be made?

Intimidation? You would first have to prove that anyone really was intimidated by Trump.

Since no one is seeming to go along with "finding" any votes, or changing the results, I would conclude that no one felt truly intimidated.

Might be hard for even Nancy Pelosi to fly that charge.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    3 years ago

You have about 48 hours left to handle the truth. After that your thoughts about all this will be meaningless. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    3 years ago
You have about 48 hours left to handle the truth. After that your thoughts about all this will be meaningless. 

Does this mean that you actually believe that Nancy will file impeachment proceedings again?

Wow.

And my thoughts are just as valid as yours.

But I will bet you that she doesn't do it.

You game for that?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    3 years ago

I dont give a fuck about what you think of Nancy Pelosi. As for your thoughts being valid, read the article. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    3 years ago

Intimidation? You would first have to prove that anyone really was intimidated by Trump.

Since no one is seeming to go along with "finding" any votes, or changing the results, I would conclude that no one felt truly intimidated.

Well it’s a good thing your conclusions are as meaningless to reality as they are on this board then.  By your logic the bank robber is innocent because the teller refused to give him the money.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.5    3 years ago

I read the article.

I found it to be on par with your other seeded articles.

Your opinion of me is irrelevant.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.1.6    3 years ago
Well it’s a good thing your conclusions are as meaningless to reality as they are on this board then.  By your logic the bank robber is innocent because the teller refused to give him the money.

Please don't subscribe things I haven't stated to me--or try to tell me what my logic is.

If you don't understand what I wrote, please ask for clarification.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.5    3 years ago

Are you refusing the bet?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    3 years ago

Lol, no clarification required.  My characterization of your logic is spot on.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.1.10    3 years ago
Lol, no clarification required.  My characterization of your logic is spot on.

You are free to believe whatever you wish, whether it is true or not.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    3 years ago

i am refusing your trolling

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.12    3 years ago

When that's all they got, they go for it. . . 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.5    3 years ago

I dont give a fuck about what you think of Nancy Pelosi. As for your thoughts being valid, read the article. 

I am glad Pelosi won if for no other reason but to, "own the cons". 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.12    3 years ago
i am refusing your trolling

Ah, the go-to response when the tough gets going.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

In case you forgot who were dealing with ...

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

Geez those guys are dumb.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    3 years ago

Not any dumber than some of the NT clowns we currently reside with.

trmp committed a crime by trying to persuade the Georgia Sec of State to find more votes. That's at least an abuse of power and an attempt at election rigging.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 years ago

Agreed. It's sedition. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 years ago

I am right now trying to listen to the whole thing. Hard for me as I can't stand listening to him speak.

So far all he has is a million different theories about how he was 'robbed'. Throwing everything out there including the sinks from polling place bathrooms.

Predictably there are people out there defending what he has done.

I heard the SOS came out and said that they recorded this because of the same thing from Graham. I wish they would have recorded Graham as well. That piece of shit needs to be taken down a couple of notches.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

Klepper gold right there. One of my favorites. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Oh, let it go John...he'll be gone and soon forgotten in a few days...tossed on the dust heap of history.

Don't worry, be happy.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3    3 years ago

Is that your version of handling the truth ? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

There might not be time for an impeachment, but a nice long prison stretch for all his crimes way past 2024 would work.

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    3 years ago

They haven't been able to handle the truth for a long, long time. They totally ignore that Republicans lose the popular vote over and over again because the true majority in America do not like harsh authoritarian policies. Every time a Republican is caught lying, whether it is some sex scandal, lying about WMD, lying about Iran-Contra, lying about everything under the sun they perpetually play dumb like it never happened or make outrageous excuses for bad policies based on lies or bad behavior or lack of moral courage. They love to pretend to take the moral high ground on anything when challenged to confront the lies which they excuse. Republicans have lied to their base for the last 50 years knowing they can play the evangelical card or exploit an issue as a point of division. The majority of America wants more and Republicans only serve themselves expecting their own base to swallow lies denying any aid to Americans. They are more about messaging than policy or actual results.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  freepress @5    3 years ago
They totally ignore that Republicans lose the popular vote over and over again because the true majority in America do not like harsh authoritarian policies.

What policies of Bush I and Bush II were harshly authoritarian, and how did they differ specifically from Democratic President's policies?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The New York Times  reported :

Late on Nov. 3, election workers in Fulton County, Georgia, heard that they would be allowed to go home for the night. So they packed uncounted ballots into suitcases and prepared to lock up for the evening.

When word came that they couldn’t leave yet, they dragged the suitcases back out and began counting the ballots again.

That singular scene — of workers taking out suitcases of votes — was then selectively edited and shared by allies of President Trump as a conspiracy theory that election workers had dragged out fraudulent ballots under the cover of night. According to the theory, those suitcases helped swing Georgia’s Electoral College votes to President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.

But on Monday, Georgia’s secretary of state office dedicated part of a morning news conference to debunking that falsehood and many others, in what was called “Disinformation Monday.” Gabriel Sterling, the voting implementation manager in Georgia and a Republican, said in the news conference that watching the entire surveillance footage of Election Day showed that workers had first packed the suitcases with valid, uncounted ballots and then later unpacked those same ballots. They had not taken out suitcases full of fake ballots, he said.

After the suitcase-of-fraud claims were dismissed by election officials, social media users started sharing a “confession” that Freeman supposedly posted to her  Instagram account.  This Instagram account, however,  does not  actually belong to Freeman. Shortly after this “confession” went viral, the @ RubyFreeman_Georgia  Instagram account (which was created on the same day this message was posted), started sharing content that mocked those who fell for its ruse. 

In addition to falsely accusing this woman of confessing to election fraud, many social media users also passed around a  mug shot  of an entirely different “Ruby Freeman” in an apparent attempt to further smear her character or resuscitate this rumor. 

The accusations against Freeman were without merit, as were a plethora of claims holding that the 2020 presidential election was marred by  widespread voter fraud . Claims of voter fraud have been  dismissed  by election officials and lawsuits alleging fraud have been  dismissed  by judges across the country.

As for Ruby Freeman, she was not arrested by the FBI and she is not suspected (outside of conspiracy-minded circles) of any wrongdoing related to the 2020 election. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago

In his phone call with the Georgia secretary of state Trump repeatedly used Ruby Freeman's name in connection to voter fraud. 

I hope there is a way for her to sue him. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago

Slander or defamation of character might apply.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago

These people are desparate

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2    3 years ago

The secretary of states office in Georgia is pounding on Trump as we speak. As they say, they have receipts.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    3 years ago

good

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    3 years ago

Didn't Georgia's AG just resign?