╌>

The Siege

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  9 comments

The Siege

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

ErGPZJ_XAAExYpP?format=jpg&name=large

Impeach. Calls mount for VP Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment after Trump incited a riot at the Capitol — leaving one shot dead. Dems, some GOP and business leaders called for the unprecedented move.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

You can't have a front page like that on one of the country's major newspapers and pretend like nothing is seriously wrong. 

Mainstream media is proclaiming that Trump melted like the Wicked Witch today and it's ALL over. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Looking at recent posts, at least one person can engage in such a pretense.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    3 years ago

Oh, I'll bet there are more than one.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

It's time for Trump to do ONE thing to save America, one intelligent thing, and that is to immediately resign as Nixon did (in which case Pence would most likely pardon him for all his federal crimes), but if he refuses, IMO America would rightly earn the reputation of being a banana republic third world country if the 25th Amendment is not invoked.  For God's sake, he CAUSED this, but the one beneficial thing he did was also cause the Senate to be controlled by the Democrats. 

I must also say that I have earned a new respect for Pence for having "betrayed" his leader concerning the electoral college congressional vote count, putting the cause of democracy and the good of his nation first and foremost. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    3 years ago
I have earned a new respect for Pence for having "betrayed" his leader concerning the electoral college

That is valid, but I would expect that of everyone.   Trump should be the only human being on the planet making these ridiculous claims.   Everyone else should be staring at him with a WTF? expression on their faces.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @2.1    3 years ago
I would expect that of everyone.

Yes.  I think we're running the risk of setting a very low bar for behavior here.  Some people are trying to make Loeffler out to be a hero, because she changed her mind and voted not to object.  She's no hero.  She just doesn't have to pander anymore, since she lost her bid for reelection.  And Pence is no hero, either.  He's simply not trying to do that which he knows he can't legally do.  Nothing especially admirable in that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.1    3 years ago

I will give him credit for not continuing to be a sycophant.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.1    3 years ago

Has illegality stopped Trump and his loyal administration from doing what they have been doing?  What about the Hatch Act?  What about stealing musicians' music to play at political events?  What about breaking into a foreign consulate? 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.3    3 years ago

No, but I doubt that the Trump administration would have adequate military support to stay in office, and military support is what it would take.  Pence knows that.