╌>

Mary Trump Predicts 'Grim' Post-Presidential Life for Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Reed Richardson (Mediaite)

Mary Trump Predicts 'Grim' Post-Presidential Life for Trump
Mary Trump predicts 'pretty grim' post-presidential life for Trump after abominable Capitol mob insurrection: 'Yesterday was a bridge too far'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Reed RichardsonJan 7th, 2021, 10:16 pm

President Donald Trump's niece predicted a bitter post-presidency for her uncle after he leaves the White House, saying the disastrous events of the past 24 hours would push even more Republicans to distance themselves from him once he leaves office.

Speaking with CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, Mary Trump said the Capitol mob assault would cast a darkly-fitting capstone to Trump's historically bad first term.

"Knowing what you know about him, his life will be like, you know, he's now, I guess, officially going to be a resident of Mar-A-Lago," host Anderson Cooper said. "What do you think his life will be like?"

"I think it's going to be pretty grim," the president's niece said. "Yesterday was a bridge too far for people who, for whatever reasons, have stuck with him until then. And I — it increases the likelihood that, on January 20th, Donald loses relevance precipitously as he should."

"He's not going to adapt well to that because I think other than money, the thing that's most important to him is power," Trump added, before referencing the low-energy, semi-concession video her uncle released on Thursday. "He's also, with this ridiculous video that he put out this evening, betrayed the people who put it all on the line for him yesterday. So he's not going to have an easy time of it."

Watch the video above, via CNN.

Have a tip we should know? [email protected]

Filed Under:

Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Many people expected Trump to have a "government-in-exile" or "shadow government" type set up down in Maralago as he planned to run again in 4 years. At least his stupidity and blundering have probably taken all that off the table. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

a bit difficult to run from the law with a secret service detail in tow. ha ha ha, tough shit.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    3 years ago

He will always have his sycophants.   The question really is how many will remain.   IMO, at least one member here continues to praise the ground Trump walks on and likely will never stop doing so.   There are plenty more of that bizarre mentality in a nation of 330+ million people.   But I do not see anything organized coming out of it.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

Qanon is still out there as well as the white supremacists groups, and Trump is more than happy to keep feeding them...... Don't expect either of the to go away anytime soon.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago

Yes he will always have supporters.   But that is profoundly different than an organization ... a shadow government.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

Yeah, I think he overplayed his hand. How badly it will go will most likely be determined in the next 2 years on how his political allies hold up. Hawley, DeSantis, Gaetz, Cruz and probably a dozen more (Freedom Caucus members and QAnon followers just elected). If the old guard Republicans can successfully primary them, then I'll call Trumpism dead (for now). A similar fight for party control is happening on the Left too, but I expect it to be less bloody. That could change if things like police reform are not address during Biden's first term.