╌>

51% Of Republicans Think Donald Trump Bears No Responsibility At All For The Capitol Building Riot

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  29 comments

51% Of Republicans Think Donald Trump Bears No Responsibility At All For The Capitol Building Riot

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

How do we explain this ?

My guess we would be that it hurts too much for so many people to have to admit they were wrong about Donald Trump. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I think you are right, they are just going to double down no matter how wrong they know they are.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

At the barest possible minimal level of responsibility, Trump told his followers to go to the Capitol where they could "fight" to have Vice-President Pence refuse to certify the electoral vote. 

Donald Trump KNEW that Pence could not refuse to certify the electoral vote, BECAUSE PENCE HAD TOLD TRUMP THAT VERY THING AT A PRIVATE MEETING THEY HAD THAT MORNING. 

Yet, at the rally on the morning of the 6th, Trump, and his son Don Jr, and his daughter Ivanka, and Rudy Giuliani and Roger Stone all told 30 or 40,000 people to march to the capitol and "fight" for something that Trump knew could not happen. 

And yet half of Republicans say Trump has no responsibility at all for what happened at the Capitol. 

And they think that we will all "get along" any time soon ? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    3 years ago

How come party affiliation does not add up to 100% ?  Somebody lied...

Just asking for a friend, who was an Eagles fan, let down by the team from Washington, tonight.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Split Personality @3    3 years ago

Lol, god that was funny. Doug's problem was he just didn't say the right thing after the game. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    3 years ago
How do we explain this ?

For a TrumpTrueBeliever, the President literally can do no wrong. If the President does it, it is right and good, no matter what "it" is.

"Right and wrong" are not attached to what is done, but to who is doing it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    3 years ago

Right now there are some Republicans and conservatives who are washing their hands of Trump, but I think many will return to him in a few weeks or months when this "dies down". The optics are just too bad right now for anyone with a spark of decency to wear a MAGA hat. He will return, thats the really sad part about it. It is a cult. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago

My guess is that many will just go silent for a while, to see what comes down after Jan 20.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago

What were Trumps exact words that allegedly incited a riot?

Remember, apart from the rioters, 75,000,000 or more Americans remain unhappy about the steal and  won't be going away

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    3 years ago

Trump kept provoking people with the "steal" nonsense. If 75M people are unhappy, then they're just being sore losers. But it's downright stupid and delusional at this point to keep claiming the election was stolen, especially since not one shred of evidence was presented to support that assertion. And Trump simply used that excuse to fire up his already gullible base.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    3 years ago

I sincerely hope that a significant part of those 75 million are feeling very ashamed... 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.4    3 years ago

The Arizona faction of Donald's GOP has censured Cindy McCain for exercising her rights to express her opinions and vote for whom she wished.

Not showing much shame, in fact it sounds like they are doubling down on dumb & classlessness.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Ender  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.3    3 years ago

What gets me is the people that still believe in the 'steal' are just being delusional at this point.

Also saying that 75 million believe it is a lie. Not all of the 75 mil that voted for him believe that.

Imo they are just using that number to inflate their worth.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.7  Gordy327  replied to  Ender @4.1.6    3 years ago
What gets me is the people that still believe in the 'steal' are just being delusional at this point.

Indeed.

Also saying that 75 million believe it is a lie. Not all of the 75 mil that voted for him believe that.

I would hope not. But at this point, I'm not so sure anymore.

Imo they are just using that number to inflate their worth.

Worthless is still worthless.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Ender  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.7    3 years ago
Worthless is still worthless.

True enough.  Haha

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.3    3 years ago
And Trump simply used that excuse to fire up his already gullible base.

The rioters were not his real base, almost all of them being outside agitators.

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.1.10  Veronica  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.9    3 years ago

And what proof do you have of any of that comment?  Please show me proof that the people in all the videos & pictures were outside agitators.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    3 years ago

Proof that there was a steal that will hold up in a court of law please

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.9    3 years ago

Wrong

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.13  Gordy327  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.9    3 years ago

That's nice. Prove it!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1.14  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.9    3 years ago
almost all of them being outside agitators

original

Greg... you are making yourself ridiculous.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.15  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.14    3 years ago

Again....!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.16  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.9    3 years ago
The rioters were not his real base, almost all of them being outside agitators.

Yes they are. They are his strongest supporters. If you claim to support Trump, but didn't show up when he called, then you have just been faking it this entire time. You don't really have the strength of your convictions.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2  Gordy327  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    3 years ago
For a TrumpTrueBeliever, the President literally can do no wrong.

That is quite apparent when we see certain Trump supporters (even here on NT) who ignore or downplay the President's role in inciting the DC riots and/or subsequently gloss over the riot itself by not acknowledging the rioters as insurrectionists or extremists.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2    3 years ago

Quibbling over Trump's exact words is chickenshit.

Treason.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.2.1    3 years ago
Quibbling over Trump's exact words is chickenshit.

But his words have an impact. It clearly shows how some of his followers will hang on to anything he says, while not actually researching or critically thinking about what he says.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.2    3 years ago

It's like quibbling over Biblical texts. The exact words are unimportant. It's the overall sense that counts, especially when the speech is extemporaneous, as Trump's was.

The overall sense of Trump's call to his followers to attack Congress is indiscutable. 

Indiscutable treason.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Not surprising, but at least it is as low as 51%. I expected it to be much higher. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    3 years ago
There is going to be a 35-40% that will be true believers....... This seems to be the magic number of unshakable support of the last 5 years.