CNN pulls combative questioner Jim Acosta from White House beat with Biden set to take office

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  suz  •  2 weeks ago  •  36 comments

By:   Brian Flood

CNN pulls combative questioner Jim Acosta from White House beat with Biden set to take office
'His raging, lecturing routine has no place in the Biden press corps,' Tim Graham said

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

CNN  announced major changes to coincide with President-elect Joe Biden’s upcoming term on Monday, including moving Jim Acosta out of the White House and expanding Jake Tapper’s role, as critics feel the hyper-partisan network is preparing to take it easy on the incoming administration.

"The most glaring change is CNN’s decision to take performance artist Jim Acosta off the White House beat. Talk about showing your hand," conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News.

"Acosta will probably get shipped off to cover Mar-a-Lago where he can yell at Trump from outside," Barron joked, but Acosta will actually anchor a to-be-determined weekend show and serve as chief domestic correspondent.

The Spectator's U.S. Washington editor Amber Athey used to work alongside Acosta when she was the White House correspondent for the Daily Caller. She finds it peculiar that CNN would replace Acosta, who emerged as a household name and hero of the so-called "resistance" to Trump with his aggressive style.

"It certainly seems odd that CNN is pulling Acosta from the White House rotation right as a Democratic president is set to take office. He insisted repeatedly that his style of shouting questions, delivering monologues, and heckling White House officials was merely about holding powerful people accountable for their actions," Athey told Fox News. "Is CNN effectively saying that they don’t want to hold the Biden administration accountable in the same way?"

"The CNN narrative for four years was that Trump was a disaster and a threat to democracy. Giving the Biden administration soft coverage helps bolster the previous Trump narrative and serves also to justify the Trump resistance CNN helped manage. If CNN battled Biden like they battled Trump, the rhetorical signal would be that the administrations might not be all that different," McCall told Fox News, noting that CNN would be able to help the journalism industry if it actually challenged the Biden administration in sensible ways.

"It would do a lot to restore public trust in the news industry that all administrations deserve media scrutiny, not just favored ones. The media industry is supposed to be serving as watchdogs for the public of all government officials, not as lapdogs for particular politicians that journalists favor," McCall said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Suz
Freshman Participates
1  seeder  Suz    2 weeks ago
As for Tapper getting an extra hour of the air every day, Graham feels that it’s simply a sign that CNN has no issues with an "anchor" spouting off partisan opinions. "No one can call Tapper's show a ‘straight news’ show, and his Twitter feed is also a gusher of liberal hot takes. CNN's coverage of the Biden campaign -- and especially their 'let's hide' press strategy -- displays how deeply enmeshed with the Democratic public-relations machine they are," Graham said.

Suz
Freshman Participates
1.1  seeder  Suz  replied to  Suz @1    2 weeks ago

This is hysterical. 

Texan1211
PhD Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Suz @1.1    2 weeks ago

Hysterical and just a little sad.

But it just proves what a lot of us already knew.

CNN is run by partisan hacks and that fact is clearly not debatable after these decisions.

Suz
Freshman Participates
1.1.2  seeder  Suz  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 weeks ago

I am being accused of misleading and/or misinforming members on Newstalkers. 

What childish and petty people they are. 

Split Personality
PhD Principal
1.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Suz @1.1    2 weeks ago
This is hysterical. 

It would be if Tim Graham was recognized as an objective person and it wasn't a seed from Fox News.

Is Tapper any more partisan than Doocy, Bartimoro, Ingraham, Levin, MacCallum, Carlson or Hannity?

If anyone read any news articles that weren't about Trump,

they would realize that there's a ratings battle going on between Fox and CNN.

Fox is also moving their chess pieces around.  

Suz
Freshman Participates
1.1.4  seeder  Suz  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    2 weeks ago

Your dislike for Fox has nothing to do with the article  May I remind you, this article is based on FACT. 

This is CNN making those decisions and let me remind everyone here, I do not owe allegiance to CNN or any other news network because you and others here on Newstalkers believe this site was established for left-minded thinking people only.  

What I find petty is seeing another member seeding an article suggesting I am misinforming people.   I'm posting what I consider blatant hypocrisy and they're spewing nonsense.  They made me a part of that story so why don't you talk to your friend and lecture them about their display of immaturity. 

By the way, should I defend my deep admiration for Helen Thomas to Republicans, Independents or Democrats??  That will never happen!  Her cringe-worthy questions and statements were filled with fire and boy, could they sting especially during the latter years of her life. 

I liked Helen Thomas.  I have never tried to hide my contempt for the TOOL of CNN.   I don't have to compare him to anyone else. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Guide
1.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    2 weeks ago
Tapper any more partisan than Doocy, Bartimoro, Ingraham, Levin, MacCallum, Carlson or Hannity?

I have to agree with you. Tapper is as partisan as Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson. Of course, they are admitted  partisan pundits while Tapper is supposed to be an actual, objective reporter, which is why he's called Chief Washington Correspondent,  which makes his, as you point out , blatant partisanship so dishonest.

Texan1211
PhD Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Suz @1.1.2    2 weeks ago
I am being accused of misleading and/or misinforming members on Newstalkers.  What childish and petty people they are. 

Just consider the sources, and move on.

Don't give them the satisfaction of getting under your skin.

Let knowing you are right be enough--even when they are unable to admit it or recognize it.

Split Personality
PhD Principal
1.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.5    2 weeks ago

Oh boy, please excuse me from including the liars Carlson and Hannity in that group.

Even the courts have held that Carlson doesn't tell the truth...

You are so correct, Tapper is only supposed to be as partisan as the other Fox anchors.jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
PhD Principal
1.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Suz @1.1.4    2 weeks ago
Your dislike for Fox has nothing to do with the article  May I remind you, this article is based on FACT. 

Wrong, a one sided opinion article is not factual.  Sealioning is not factual.

What I find petty is seeing another member seeding an article suggesting I am misinforming people.

Another member seeded a more balanced opinion that Fox & CNN are in a ratings war and demoting and promoting

"personalities" that they think people will watch.  Nothing More.

Did you flag SMAABs comments?  No you chose to lash out here. 

Your choice.  That should be the end of it but, no,  you have persisted  all day.

Again, your choice.

This is CNN making those decisions and let me remind everyone here, I do not owe allegiance to CNN or any other news network because you and others here on Newstalkers believe this site was established for left-minded thinking people only.

No one asked for alleigiance to CNN.  NO One.

perhaps one day you can come back and read your own comments and....

What I find petty is seeing another member seeding an article suggesting I am misinforming people.   I'm posting what I consider blatant hypocrisy and they're spewing nonsense.  They made me a part of that story so why don't you talk to your friend and lecture them about their display of immaturity. 

Happens several times a day here SUZ, come on......

By the way, should I defend my deep admiration for Helen Thomas to Republicans, Independents or Democrats??  That will never happen!  Her cringe-worthy questions and statements were filled with fire and boy, could they sting especially during the latter years of her life. 

I liked Helen Thomas

Wonderful.  no idea of what you're talking about but wonderful.  To my knowledge she worked UPI for 57 years but never CNN.

I have never tried to hide my contempt for the TOOL of CNN.   I don't have to compare him to anyone else. 

Ok,  "are we getting a little personal maybe?   It's just a conversation right? "   

Words of the wise?

Later, maybe tomorrow, maybe not...

Sean Treacy
Professor Guide
2  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

Why even attend press conferences or have reporters If you are cnn? Seems superfluous.  Just cut out the middleman and just read the press releases from the Biden admin directly to CNNs viewers. 

Suz
Freshman Participates
3  seeder  Suz    2 weeks ago

HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN MISINFORMED??  IS THIS STORY MISLEADING? 

WAS ACOSTA REMOVED FROM THE WHITE HOUSE BEAT??  YES!!!

Dismayed Patriot
Masters Guide
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Suz @3    2 weeks ago
HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN MISINFORMED??

Yes. This is a weak partisan opinion piece critical of CNN giving journalists promotions.

IS THIS STORY MISLEADING?

Yes. This seed is trying to claim that CNN is doing this purposefully to go "soft" on the Biden administration while also calling CNN journalists "performance artists".

WAS ACOSTA REMOVED FROM THE WHITE HOUSE BEAT??

No. He was given a promotion where we will be seeing more of him as an anchor. He was not "removed" as the seed indicates.

This is just a sad partisan hit piece putting a wild spin on anchors being rewarded for their hard work over the grueling last four years of an unhinged maniac in the white house. CNN was not the only network making such changes which most do every few years. These journalists were being rewarded, not punished, and the reason was not because CNN is preparing to go "soft" on the incoming administration but because it recognizes that there will no doubt be far less insanity to cover. If Biden does act anything like Trump while in office they will doubtless ask the same hard hitting questions they posed to Trump. And even if Biden does deserve hard ball questions the response will not be the immediate personal attacks on the journalists as Trump has done the last four years.

Suz
Freshman Participates
3.1.1  seeder  Suz  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 weeks ago

You are wrong and I think it's pretty sad of you to suggest to your narrow-minded friends that I should give an asshole anymore time than I have.

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Masters Guide
3.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Suz @3.1.1    2 weeks ago
You are wrong

Spin, spin, spin to tell yourself whatever makes you feel good, it's what conservative strategists like Chris Barron do. What's sad is that anyone laps up his fecal opinions and thinks they actually have even a lick of merit.

dennis smith
Senior Silent
3.1.3  dennis smith  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 weeks ago

CNN has been "soft" on Biden from the first day he announced he was running. He wouldn't even allow them in his basement.  

Dismayed Patriot
Masters Guide
3.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.3    2 weeks ago
CNN has been "soft" on Biden from the first day he announced he was running.

If that's true, then why the claim that CNN "is preparing to take it easy on the incoming administration" by supposedly "pulling Acosta from the White House rotation"?

Clearly you can't have it both ways, this just further exposes the moronic spin by half witted conservative strategist spin doctors.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Expert
3.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Suz @3    2 weeks ago

For clarification..... Acosta was "promoted" from the WH beat to be an anchor.

I think the misleading part of this story is the different use/connotation of removed vs. promoted.  Leave it to Fox to be misleading.

Suz
Freshman Participates
3.2.1  seeder  Suz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2    2 weeks ago

Was he not removed from the white house press corp?  YES, AGAIN.

If you believe I am obligated to plug CNN, you are quite mistaken.  I'll leave that to you and yours. 

By the way, this has nothing to do with FOX.  This has everything to do with my refusal to bow to pressure.   

FLYNAVY1
Professor Expert
3.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Suz @3.2.1    2 weeks ago

Ooooohhhhhkkkkkkkaaaaa.....!

Sorry Suz..... But I've had more reasonable discussions with my sister's five year old.  Sorry to have bothered you.

Raven Wing
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.2    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Suz
Freshman Participates
3.2.4  seeder  Suz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.2    2 weeks ago

Don't worry about it Fly.  As soon as I can, there will be another place for me to entertain.

Suz
Freshman Participates
3.2.5  seeder  Suz  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2.3    2 weeks ago

Thank you, Raven. 

Split Personality
PhD Principal
3.3  Split Personality  replied to  Suz @3    2 weeks ago
HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN MISINFORMED?? 

No, but do they have the full story?

IS THIS STORY MISLEADING? 

Everything from Tim Graham is misleading, that is not your fault.

WAS ACOSTA REMOVED FROM THE WHITE HOUSE BEAT??  YES!!!

Seems Acosta thinks that getting an hour weekend slot is a raise, Tapper too gets an extra hour. 

Wolf Blitzer, not so happy to lose his slot.

Shit happens, the world goes on.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Almost every reporter in America was far too nice to Trump over the course of the 5 years. 

I can only think of one instance where a reporter openly and plainly asked him why he lies to the American people so much, and I forget the reporter's name. 

dennis smith
Senior Silent
4.1  dennis smith  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago

The dems did all work for CNN.

charger 383
Masters Quiet
5  charger 383    2 weeks ago

The press will not ask Biden hard questions, just my opinion

TᵢG
PhD Principal
5.1  TᵢG  replied to  charger 383 @5    2 weeks ago

Agreed.  They will no doubt put the gloves back on with Biden.

Suz
Freshman Participates
5.1.1  seeder  Suz  replied to  TᵢG @5.1    2 weeks ago

Biden lost me with 'open borders'.  

TᵢG
PhD Principal
5.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Suz @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

I agree, the rational policy should be for us to have sensible legal immigration and to prevent illegal immigration.   How that is accomplished can vary, but neither extreme (open or closed) is rational or healthy.

Sean Treacy
Professor Guide
6  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

People who claim this story is misleading must have really struggled in high school. 

Dismayed Patriot
Masters Guide
6.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    2 weeks ago
People who claim this story is misleading must have really struggled in high school. 

Actually, it's the complete opposite as those people know the definitions of words and the difference between "Pulls" "Removes" and "Promotes". Promoting Jim Acosta to anchor is a very different narrative than the one presented by this shameful dishonest partisan conservative strategist Chris Barron. By his very nature of being a "strategist" he is attempting to spin a very innocuous promotion into something sinister or subversive. Only fucking drop out dumb shits would listen to him and think "Yeah! That's what happened! It's all a leftist conspiracy!".

FLYNAVY1
Professor Expert
6.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    2 weeks ago

Those that don't see that this story is misleading.... definitely struggled in high school...

Suz
Freshman Participates
6.2.1  seeder  Suz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    2 weeks ago

Then there is absolutely no reason for you to be here. 

Head back over to where you belong.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Expert
6.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Suz @6.2.1    2 weeks ago

No Suz..... I find truth and adherence to facts to be in short supply on many of the conservative seeds here on NT.  As one that practices the in the world of math and science daily, I find the acceptance of an alternative reality by others something that needs to be constantly corrected.  Lies and half-truths can't be allowed to go unchallenged.   

dennis smith
Senior Silent
6.3  dennis smith  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    2 weeks ago

Not only struggled with school work but did not learn how to see two sides of things.