╌>

Josh Hawley issues counter-complaint against Democrats who called for investigation into him over Capitol insurrection

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   Graeme Massie, The Independent

Josh Hawley issues counter-complaint against Democrats who called for investigation into him over Capitol insurrection

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Graeme Massie
Tue, January 26, 2021, 7:20 AM

Republican   Senator   Josh Hawley   filed an ethics counter-complaint against seven Democratic senators who called for an investigation into him and   Ted Cruz .

Both senators have faced widespread criticism and calls for them to resign for their role in trying to challenge   Joe Biden ’s election victory.

Five people were killed when Pro-Trump rioters attacked the   Congress   as lawmakers gathered to certify the electoral college results earlier this month.

Mr Hawley and Mr Cruz have been accused of helping provoke the violence with their refusal to accept Mr Biden’s legal victory over Donald Trump.

Mr Hawley’s own complaint is aimed at Sheldon Whitehouse, Richard Blumenthal, Sherrod Brown, Mazie Hirono, Tim Kaine, Tina Smith and Ron Wyden.

That group had collectively written to the Ethics committee last week demanding an investigation of Mr Hawley and Mr Cruz.

“In light of the shameful abuse of the ethics process you have deliberately engaged in, I have considered whether I should call for you to resign or be expelled from the Senate,” wrote Mr Hawley to the Democrats.

“But I continue to believe in the First Amendment, which the US Supreme Court has repeatedly said protects even ‘offensive’ and malicious speech, such as yours."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

“But I continue to believe in the First Amendment, which the US Supreme Court has repeatedly said protects even ‘offensive’ and malicious speech, such as yours."

The only offensive and malicious speech is yours and the former 'president' in inciting a riot and trying to overturn a fair and valid election.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

it will be great to see the names of those that don't support the US Constitution when the vote to convict an insurrectionist is taken in the senate.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

Another jackass that thinks 'freedom of speech' should have no consequences.

This maroon is a few fries short of a happy meal.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

What ethics violations did those senators commit? Is Hawley drinking the local moonshine again?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

Sheer projection.  

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

I keep asking butt...Who in the hell votes idiots like this into office.

What a fucking child.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago

He's a freakshow/fundamentalist type/whackjob.

The maturity of these scumbags is underwhelming.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2  Kavika   replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago
I keep asking butt...Who in the hell votes idiots like this into office.

Other idiots and there are a lot of them around.