╌>

Photos of crowded migrant holding center in Texas released by Democratic congressman | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  expatingb  •  3 years ago  •  24 comments

By:   Tyler Olson (Fox News)

Photos of crowded migrant holding center in Texas released by Democratic congressman | Fox News
Photos of migrants in a crowded border facility in Donna, Texas, were released Monday by the office of Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, as the Biden administration limits media access to the southwestern border.

As was famously said by Yogi Berra (at least that's the folk lore) "Déjà  vu  all over again" .

When I first viewed the photos, I immediately thought of the Obama-Biden era photos which were claimed to have been from the President Trump era.

President Biden apparently has learned his lessons very well.  His current situation makes the Obama problem pale in comparison, but there will always be the claim on the left that there's nothing to see here.  So, don't believe your lying eyes.

My apologies to the Fox News haters, and I feel certain there are a number on this forum, but the original article I found on The Guardian UK, for some reason would not post properly.  Have no fear, here's the link for that piece I had planned to use:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/22/migrant-detention-center-photos-texas-facility

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rise in migrant children tests Biden immigration strategy

Jim Messina and Terry Holt debate the handling of the current situation at the U.S. southern border.

Photos of migrants in a crowded border facility in Donna, Texas, were released Monday by the office of Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, as the Biden administration limits media access to the southwestern border.

The migrants, who are in clear pens akin to cages, are seen sleeping on pads on the floor with aluminum blankets. In some instances, it appears that dozens are sharing individual pens. Most appear to be wearing masks.

Amid a significant surge of migrants to the southern border in President Biden's first two months, some in the media have complained about a lack of access to facilities like the one in Donna.

BORDER CRISIS: BIDEN NOW TELLS MIGRANTS 'DON'T COME' BUT HAD A DIFFERENT MESSAGE IN 2019 DEBATE

"I respectfully ask US Customs and Border Protection to stop blocking media access to their border operations," award-winning photojournalist John Moore tweeted Friday. "I have photographed CBP under Bush, Obama and Trump but now - zero access is granted to media. These long-lens images taken from the Mexican side."

He added: "There's no modern precedent for a full physical ban on media access to CBP border operations."

The White House has said that it is limiting media access to border facilities in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. White House press secretary Jen Psaki said on Monday that the Biden administration is aiming to finalize details on how the media can access border facilities like the one in Donna, Texas.

Psaki responded to the photos on Monday, as a reporter asked her whether the conditions the migrant children are being kept in represent a crisis.

"Children presenting at our border who are fleeing violence, who are fleeing prosecution, who are fleeing terrible situations, is not a crisis," she responded. "We feel that it is our responsibility to humanely approach this circumstance and make sure they are treated and put in conditions that are safe. I will say that these photos show what we've long been saying, which is that these border patrol facilities are not places made for children. They are not places that we want children to be staying for an extended period of time. Our alternative is to send children back on this treacherous journey. That is not, in our view, the right choice to make."

She continued to say that the Biden administration is aiming to ease the pressure on facilities like the one in Donna, Texas.

The photos released Monday also upset some on the right who believed Democrats are being hypocritical in saying there is no crisis currently on the southern border after sounding the alarm over the treatment of migrants under former President Donald Trump.

"Either Dems and media faked the tears and 'outrage' pre-Biden, or they meant it," Rep. Dan Bishop, R-N.C., tweeted. "If it's the latter, where are they now? Kids are in cages. And this surge is far worse than any under President Trump."

Fox News' Evie Fordham contributed to this report.

Tyler Olson covers politics for FoxNews.com.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
1  seeder  exexpatnowinTX    3 years ago

What's even more troubling is that these are but the tip of the iceberg.   Thousands have been and continue to be "detained" then quickly dispersed around the country, and of course, there is no mention of the 'got aways'.  Those illegals that cross the border, and are never captured by Border Patrol or local police.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @1    3 years ago

Thy are dispersed without proper vetting or adequate physical examinations, and are not required to appear later

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago
Thy are dispersed without proper vetting or adequate physical examinations, and are not required to appear later

My wife told me when she got home from work (US Embassy) that there apparently is a Covid outbreak in one of the Texas detention facilities and they have released other positive tested illegals into the country.

It's amazing that I have to test Covid negative to return home, yet illegals are allowed entry even if tested positive.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @1    3 years ago

They are being transported here. If you notice, many are wearing sandals, clean, new clothes, and not looking travel weary!! They don't even look tired!! They are being provided meals, made-up tents with cots inside to sleep on, and, of course, cell phones given to them!!

They traveled, by themselves, 3,000 miles and show up looking like they just left their house.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    3 years ago

I love your obvious sarcasm.  However, you neglected to point out the Biden for President signs and Biden Please Let Us In T-shirts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @1    3 years ago

So Faux 'news' is your source?  LOL!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

"For the past four presidential administrations, I have accompanied U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents and photographed their encounters with migrants as they enforced immigration policy. No longer. Last week, when I documented migrant detentions in El Paso, I had to do so from the Mexican side of the border, taking long-range shots. Until now, journalists haven’t had to stand in another country to cover what is happening in the United States."

And so many  left mindlessly parrot  that there is no crises, as Biden silences dissent. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 years ago
as Biden silences dissent. 

I notice he is going nowhere close to the border.

POS asshole isn't fit to be president

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
2.1.1  seeder  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    3 years ago
POS asshole isn't fit to be president

He's not.   Per his own words, it's President Harris.   

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    3 years ago

The power of concentrated wealth in the Southern American Hemisphere creates danger, hardship and fear for the average citizens.  They flee North with hope of better opportunity and security.  Unfortunately they do not understand that the concept of 'wealth concentration' was bred here and exported there.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
3.1  seeder  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  bbl-1 @3    3 years ago

That has to do with allowing illegals entry  into the United States how exactly?

You are aware I'm sure that in those South American countries, illegal entry will gain you a fine, jail time, and deportation or a combination of all three.

Further, it is not the responsibility of the American people to rebuild those countries when we have enough problems and rebuilding to accomplish right here at home.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @3.1    3 years ago

Well, no - the U.S. can't be held responsible for attempting to rebuild the very countries we helped dictators tear down.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @3.1    3 years ago

Wrongo Amigo.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.2    3 years ago

WOW - such depth to the discussion.

How 'bout explaining the "wrongo" part - with some facts.

And, BTW, calling him "Amigo" is racist.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.3    3 years ago

racist.  JFC coming from the right, right?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.1    3 years ago

South America has always been a mess. They didn’t need our help for that.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.6  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.4    3 years ago

Didn't think you could/would answer the question.  Why would we doubt that, eh?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.3    3 years ago

How about hombre?  He appears to think of himself as a real bad ass hombre!

LOL!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.8  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.7    3 years ago

And this person "hombre" is mentioned where?

Stay on topic and the discussion will get . . . . .

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    3 years ago

You just have to deny reality to tolerate this situation. You have to tell yourself that unrestrained, unmonitored migration into our country is not a problem. You just have to assume all this against all reason and common sense. It’s the ultimate in denial. Nothing to see here.

zuksam
Junior Silent
5  zuksam    3 years ago

Biden just made an $86 million dollar deal with a Texas "Non-Profit" to house Illegals in Hotel rooms. The contract will last six months and provide shelter to 1,200 Illegal immigrants. That works out to $391.62 a night per person, I wonder if it's double occupancy.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5.1  seeder  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  zuksam @5    3 years ago

The highest GSA Per Diem rate for lodging in Texas for FY 2021 is $183.00 in Midland TX.  The standard rate for locations not listed, and areas along the border are not listed is $96.00.

So the federal workers sent to the border to assist, like FEMA, are getting less for lodging than the illegals.   One just has to love the logic of that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  Tessylo  replied to  zuksam @5    3 years ago

PROVE IT!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    3 years ago

As usual for you - DDDUUUUHHHHHH

Biden is spending $86 million on hotel rooms for migrants as his administration struggles to handle the surge of families and kids trying to come to the US

President Joe Biden's administration has secured an $86 million contract for hotels to house migrants,  Axios  reported Saturday. The contract comes as the president struggles to address the surging numbers of families and kids trying to enter the US.

The contract is with hotels near the border in Arizona and Texas to hold about 1,200 migrants, and will last six months. It was made through Endeavors, a non-profit with programs that include housing services and disaster relief.

Try using some math - $86,000,000 divided by 1,200 = $71,666.67 divided by 183 (number of nights in six months) = $391.62.

Wow - so simple, eh?

Dunk, point, slam - proven.