╌>

FedEx shooting Indianapolis: Police responding to a 'mass casualty situation,' spokesman says - CNN

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   CNN

FedEx shooting Indianapolis: Police responding to a 'mass casualty situation,' spokesman says - CNN
Law enforcement officials in Indianapolis are working a "mass casualty situation," according to Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Spokesperson Officer Genae Cook.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(CNN)Law enforcement officials in Indianapolis are working a "mass casualty situation," according to Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Spokesperson Officer Genae Cook.

The incident happened at a FedEx facility located at 8951 Mirabel Road in Indianapolis, according to Cook. Police are on the scene and gathering information, no other details were immediately available. This is a developing story and will be updated.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Sounds quite ominous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
fybs2b8v_bigger.jpg
WISH-TV
@WISH_TV
·
14m
#BREAKING : At the scene of a mass casualty shooting at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis airport, a worker at the scene says, "I saw a man with a submachine gun of some sort, an automatic rifle, and he was firing in the open."
==================================================
Reportedly at least 8 people shot. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.1  shona1  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Anoon John. Unfortunately I was talking to my brother just 5 hours ago...said the US is due for another mass shooting and I don't mean the the usual 5 or 6...it is almost a pattern...smallish numbers almost daily, then a massive one.

Don't know if it gives people the idea to go nuts or what, but you can almost read it like a book. Why is this their so called answer, grab a gun and shoot people? It is just staggering people even think to do this.

It certainly does not sound good and I dread to think the number of lost souls, if there are any. Hope he was a crook shot and people managed to get away.

What the answer is to this ever on going and frequent tragedy is...I have no idea...😔😔😔

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  shona1 @2.1    3 years ago
What the answer is to this ever on going and frequent tragedy is...I have no idea...

well there are many options, but engrained in feeble minds is some American exceptionalism superiority while defending America's  complex inferiority, as in too many have been convinced ANY gun step wipes away ALL gun rights

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.1.2  shona1  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.1    3 years ago

Spot on IG...I truly think it is ingrained in the brain and nothing will ever change that now.

Horrible to think you say goodbye to your family in the morning and never return.

I know accidents happen etc but these deliberate and callous acts are shattering...we see it on tv and just think.. Bloody hell....

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.2  shona1  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Reporting here gunman shot himself dead..good no longer any use to society..Does not sound to bad so fingers crossed no other deaths or large numbers injured.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Ho Hum.  'Another day, another mass murder.  Welcome to America.  How can you people bear it?  You can be anywhere, shopping, in school, in your office, even at home, anywhere.  You don't have to be on a darkened street or in an area where gangs hang out - it's anywhere, and even with the knowledge that America's rate (per 100,000) of gun deaths is EIGHT times that of Canada you're going to tell me "It can't happen here" (Frank Zappa).  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    3 years ago

Buzz, to be honest, yea, it is WAY too many and often, but something we just accept and don't think about as a constant style threat that you appear to be describing. Way Wrong, but something too many have just decided to accept, and it is SAD.