╌>

Jen Psaki baselessly and disgracefully racialized the killing in Columbus

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  80 comments

By:   John Podhoretz (New York Post)

Jen Psaki baselessly and disgracefully racialized the killing in Columbus
And yet this is what Psaki, the spokeswoman for the world's greatest power and leading democracy, said: "She was a child. We're thinking of her friends and family in the communities that are hurting and grieving her loss. We know that police violence disproportionately impacts black and Latino people in communities and that black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"Believe your own eyes" — that was the prosecutor's final admonition to the jury in the Derek Chauvin trial. And indeed, the evidence of their own eyes was likely the reason the jury members didn't accept the defense's case that there was "reasonable doubt" about Chauvin's guilt. Instead, they convicted him on all charges.

The same admonition should be governing the public response to the horrible event in Columbus, Ohio, that transpired just as the Chauvin verdict was being announced. But it isn't.

No less than the press secretary of the president of the United States went before the public Wednesday and all but explicitly suggested what had happened in Ohio was an illegitimate, racist police killing.

Believe your own eyes, Jen Psaki . Watch the body-cam footage that shows 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant charging first one fellow teenager, then a second. The second girl was slammed against a car, at which point Bryant began to swing her right arm — with a knife in her hand.

The police officer whose camera recorded the event had told her to "get down," and she hadn't done so. He had only a split second to react as she aimed the knife and readied to swing. He fired.

Believe your own eyes. She had a knife. Had she not been stopped, that knife would have gone into the body of the girl on the car. The police officer was witness to a violent act in real time and interceded the only way he could.

At the five-second mark in the video, the officer has gotten out of his car and is asking someone on the street, "What's going on?" Two seconds — two seconds — later, the first girl being chased by Bryant falls to the ground.

"Hey! Hey!" the cop says at the nine-second mark, as he spots Bryant turning toward the second girl. At 10-second mark, he says with great urgency, "Get down! Get down! Get down!"

It's now the 12-second mark. The cop has removed his gun from his holster. At 13 seconds, Bryant's arm is drawn. At 14, we see Bryant fall to the ground.

What this means is that the officer found himself in the middle of a violent confrontation and had to act . . . within nine seconds.

Count off nine seconds. Out of a car. Asks for information. Suddenly a girl falls in front of him, chased by Bryant and her knife. He tells her to get down before removing his weapon and has it in his hand in time to stop her from stabbing the girl against the car.

I've watched the body-cam footage 25 times. I can't imagine what else the police officer could possibly have done given the urgency of the moment — except allow Bryant to stab the other girl.

My own eyes suggested to me, and to the world, that Chauvin was guilty of something — though it was certainly beyond my knowledge then or now, as I wasn't on the jury, to know precisely what. Likewise, my eyes say this was a horrible, tragic, terrible event in which a police officer may have saved a life in imminent peril.

And yet this is what Psaki, the spokeswoman for the world's greatest power and leading democracy, said: "She was a child. We're thinking of her friends and family in the communities that are hurting and grieving her loss. We know that police violence disproportionately impacts black and Latino people in communities and that black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence."

Then teen is seen allegedly holding a knife in the bodycam video. Columbus Police Department via W

I don't think my eyes have been blinded by the cop's whiteness. The girl he saved was black, just like Ma'Khia Bryant. She was a teenager, it seems, just like Ma'Khia Bryant. She has a family, just like Ma'Khia Bryant. And she wasn't swinging a knife at Ma'Khia Bryant. She was defenseless — until the law-enforcement officer defended her.

Who speaks for her and the countless Americans whose lives are saved every day by the intervention of law enforcement? Who will speak out for those who have saved them?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Here we have a police officer saving the live of a black teenage girl.

What is Jen Psaki and the msm focused on?  The knife wielding maniac that was shot and killed.

For those who voted for Biden - Is this what you wanted?

Trump and his supporters are off topic
I am off topic

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

You are so right! What about the teen African American girl whose life was saved by the police?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

Progressives don't care about her. To them all these incidents & people are just cannon fodder.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago

And there is no outrage about the 7 year old Black girl shot multiple times at a McDonalds drive thru in Chicago.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago

Seems like the progressive mindset is that the police officers should willingly allow themselves to be severely injured or killed rather have to use deadly force to defend themselves and others when lives are in danger. Pathetic!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

The officer was completely justified in using deadly force.

Curious as to whether he was carrying a TASER. That would have been a better choice.

From the angle, if his bullet was through and through both girls could have been hit.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  cjcold @1.1.4    3 years ago

A through and through would have to have been a full metal jacketed round; I don't know anyone that carries full metal jacketed rounds. Hollow points are recommended for any pistol carrier. Hollow points go in to intended target and come apart or mushroom; they're designed not to go through.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  cjcold  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1.1.5    3 years ago

Bullets do not always do what they're designed to do.

I have been shooting and reloading most of my life.

Hollow points can and do over penetrate on occasion. 

Especially at +P 9mm speeds.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.7  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  cjcold @1.1.6    3 years ago

I think it's a pretty rare instance that a hollow point doesn't do as intended, but that's just my opinion; take it for what it's worth.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago
I can't imagine what else the police officer could possibly have done given the urgency of the moment

I can’t either. I guess he was supposed to just let her stab the other girl? Then get back in his car and go get lunch? That appears to be what even the people on the scene wanted. Immediately, they started yelling at the cop for shooting the person about to commit murder. Amazing.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    3 years ago

These people are so full of crap. After the shooting, the guy in the gray hoodie is sanctimoniously protesting the shooting, saying, “she’s a f-ing kid, man!” but he had just been kicking some other girl on the grass next to the sidewalk.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

The problem is not with the cops, but the criminal element of those whom they have sworn to protect and serve

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Its like the chicken and the egg. 

and neither wants to be first. 

As long as the cops are afraid of the young black men who are afraid of the cops who are afraid of them. ..... ... ..

Both sides need to change to really expect lasting results. 

Everyone obeying the laws we have would be a huge step in that direction. 

Poverty plays a big part in the solution as well. Where there is poverty there is violence and crime. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1    3 years ago

"Poverty plays a big part in the solution as well. Where there is poverty there is violence and crime"

You hit the nail on the head.  POVERTY IS THE MAJOR FACTOR WHEN IT COMES TO CRIME AND VIOLENCE.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

There is a major problem with the cops when a lot of them are bigots, racists, white nationalists, WHO HAVE SWORN TO PROTECT AND SERVE but you have basically given a racist a gun and a license to kill.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    3 years ago
There is a major problem with the cops when a lot of them are bigots, racists, white nationalists, WHO HAVE SWORN TO PROTECT AND SERVE but you have basically given a racist a gun and a license to kill.

Unfortunately many racists (not all) are attracted to the position of police officer for the power they perceive, they can carry guns and order people around. 

I used to be involved with a medium sized police department, couple hundred officers there.  I knew most of them, and was more than a little surprised to discover between 5 and 10 of the officers white nationalists, KKK, or even Nazis.  One of the sergeants, was even known to have decorated his house with Nazi paraphernalia, yet was a very nice guy around me.  I would never have believed it if I hadn't been in his house once and seen it for myself.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    3 years ago
bigots, racists,

So do you believe there are any racist black cops, or is that bs only reserved for whitey?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.2.2    3 years ago

Only for whitey!

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.3    3 years ago

Why I am not surprised by your blatant racist comment?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.2.5  pat wilson  replied to  bugsy @4.2.4    3 years ago

She just repeated your very words and she's the racist ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @4.2.5    3 years ago

No.  A question was asked.  And it was answered.  The answer is the issue here.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.7  bugsy  replied to  pat wilson @4.2.5    3 years ago
She just repeated your very words and she's the racist ?

She repeated A word, and you failed to understand the entirety of the post. Maybe you should read it again and understand. If you can't, let me know. I'll explain it to you .

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Have known a few cops in my day. Just as with all other fields of endeavor, some cops just do and some do not have the aptitude.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

She should be banned from social media.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    3 years ago

She's as bad as Lebron James

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    3 years ago

He should have been banned for what the did.  Conservatives have been for far less.  Typical big tech social media double standard.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

A Black teenage girl named Ma’Khia Bryant was killed because a police officer immediately decided to shoot her multiple times in order to break up a knife fight. Demand accountability.  

-Valerie Jarrett

The takes keep getting worse. 

IF the cop had not shot the aggressor and let her murder another black teenage girl in front of him, he'd still be the criminal to these loons

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    3 years ago

oh, so another idiot chimed in.

whats up with these bozos?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    3 years ago

I figure that you just cannot help yourselves...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    3 years ago

I hope one day you will understand, but I won't be expecting it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    3 years ago

Someone must have died because someone else appears to think they're the moderator!

Go figure!

Hallux
Masters Principal
7  Hallux    3 years ago

John Podhoretz should concentrate on buying sweaters that actually fit rather than spewing tightwad umbrage at anything that rubs his butt the wrong way as in Captain America:

but then, there was another take:

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @7    3 years ago

what does any of that have to do with Psaki's comments?

Hallux
Masters Principal
7.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    3 years ago

John Podhoretz is paid to whine and bitch, over the years he has become entirely predictable. It has become sad to watch his synapses go poof, poof, poof.

Psaki's comments were not a big deal, y'all just digging deep for a punching bag on the left because these days there are so many on the right.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @7.1.1    3 years ago

saki's comments were not a big deal

Thanks, always glad to hear what the pro teenagers fighting with knives caucus thinks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7.1.1    3 years ago
Psaki's comments were not a big deal

An even bigger deal were the comments of  Benjamin Crump (George Floyd Lead Attorney), who falsely tweeted that the Columbus girl was unarrmed and the New York Times edited his tweet to cover for him:

"On Tuesday, after the Columbus, Ohio, police shot and killed Ma’Khia Bryant, 16, who had threatened two other teenage girls with a knife, but before body-cam footage of the incident was revealed, high-profile attorney Benjamin Crump, who had led the legal team that represented George Floyd’s family, leaped to a conclusion, tweeting that the Columbus police had “killed an unarmed 15yo black girl named Makhia Bryant.”

In a report on the incident, The New York Times decided to   sanitize Crump’s tweet , quoting him but leaving out the part of the tweet where Crump said Bryant was unarmed."

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.2    3 years ago

Seems Democrats and the left don't care if African Americans kill each other.

The cop should have waited for them to get through trying to kill each other; and then arrested them both. OK, maybe only the one wielding the knife would have been arrested. The other girl would have been bleeding out while waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.3    3 years ago

An even bigger deal were the comments of  Benjamin Crump (George Floyd Lead Attorney), who falsely tweeted that the Columbus girl was unarrmed and the New York Times edited his tweet to cover for him:

NBC ran one from it's playbook, editing the 911 call to take out the part where the caller says "a girl is trying to stab us."  Similar to how it edited the Zimmerman 911 to stir up outrage against Zimmerman.  Or media claimed for months that Jacob Blake was unarmed when he was shot.  It's all about pushing the racism narrative, sowing fear and  dividing people. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @7.1.1    3 years ago

so you dispute absolutely nothing In the article but still felt compelled to bash the author.

typical bs.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.5    3 years ago
It's all about pushing the racism narrative, sowing fear and  dividing people. 

And they have done a great job of it. Some believe that the cops are out to kill blacks even though the statistics prove otherwise.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

"Don Lemon handled the Columbus shooting more responsibly than the Biden White House "

How low has the White House sunk when Don Lemon is the voice of reason.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago

Not sure what all you conservatives have your panties in a bunch about here, Jen Psaki did not say the shooting was somehow unjustified.

"She was a child." True.

"We're thinking of her friends and family in the communities that are hurting and grieving her loss." True, even though this girl was apparently at fault, it's still sad that a 16 year old girl had to die and some are asking why a taser wasn't employed instead, but few if any are saying the shooting was unjustified.

"We know that police violence disproportionately impacts black and Latino people in communities and that black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence." This is also true.

Nothing she said was false or indicted that she felt the shooting was unjustified. The faux outrage from conservatives is just a bunch of hot air simply because they don't like admitting that there is systemic racism in our justice system regardless of whether this case was an example of it or not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9    3 years ago

no panties in a wad. just disgust with her comments.

no need for her to say what she did.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9    3 years ago

I guess this is why she does what she does.  Biden groupies can't even tell/don't mind that she's blatantly manipulating them. 

know that police violence disproportionately impacts black and Latino people in communities and that black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence

Imagine not understanding why  she threw that  in there  to address  a case where a cop just saved a young black girl from being murdered. Shockingly, her insinuations aren't heavy handed enough for her cheerleaders to notice. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.2    3 years ago

it is just a case of willful ignorance if one can't see what she was doing.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    3 years ago
it is just a case of willful ignorance if one can't see what she was doing.

Yea, as 45 supporters accuse others of "willful ignorance" their/they're uninformed, as usual, and project the complete kettle smoking pot black and forth width times the heights of hypocrisy as easy as square pie to see what they can't, won't, or chose not to sea the depths of their ignorant hypocrisy they promote and project on the mexican paid for Wall around their terminally ill Critical Thinking Skills they've never thought of as they're/their conditioned to be Flakes Head and Shoulders blow their torn convictions 'right' out of left behind field and streams of racial disharmony denial as they sing in concert about SOLO's they consistently lower, like the rest of the Barrs in their upside down inverted perverted prison brain cell, sold as a for sale sign on their Sold out concerted F forts to encore their first song and dance sung by the well hung out to dry on a close line consisting of closed minds open to only their miss perceptions that know not of, as they are missing, while pissing into the face of reason being they needed to wash their faces of the dis graces said as they are about to eat their tongues, cause they can lick up lipp service swollen down to below ground air heads who scuba dive under the bowling leagues just to get their favorite shoes, as they wood be the wons who lose, watt they're not brite enuff to sea , as the depths of those without soles, like the brittle old leather of their necks laced with pearls the size of necklaces, worn around their white collared green N V, because they are of the Greener Grasss now smoked while peddling unicycles stating they are the Kettle 1 of Black Pans searing reality with pseudo neutrality over driven to Reverse the reality of reality, and for many, that is the way it will be, for their eternity of straight a weigh lies the embankments thrown by curves to gain the shortest distance between they, and their followers who prove everyday, ignorance ruling is not just a trend, but alifestyle hear to say and stay that way, below, and it does, so marry your cousin, just Cuz, it's unrelated, as too many these daze, prove their thinking should be carbon dated , and too ignorant to realize they're leaving footprints , in the green grass of the lawns oof others too envious to be Green withe envy, , as they incessantly prove who wants to be a D, in a world, where they are the V        and yes, it is apparently a social Diseased and spread from feats not from the head,

enough said, but ,,,,,,talkin to too many brain dead

end

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.2.2    3 years ago

WTF was THAT??!!@#!??

LMAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.2.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

Sophomore Guide
9.2.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.2.2    3 years ago
enough said,

Ok, now breathe !! 

lol

Sophomore Guide
9.2.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.4    3 years ago

lol

That is one long train of thought.... WOW 

I'm high and still barely made it thru.  40

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.2.6    3 years ago

I guess once one starts writing gibberish, it must be hard to stop.

Sophomore Guide
9.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.7    3 years ago

Its definitely a different kind of writing. Wither one agrees with the ideas or not. 

I've read a few of his posts, they are kind of hard to follow but I do get kinda a kick out of the long winded style. When I'm up for the challenge.

Most of the time I don't bother though because his writings do take a lot of concentration and tend to rattle on. 

He always has a point of view to offer though. Whether I agree or not. 

Many times part way in I end up just shakin my head and chuckling. 

To each their own. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.2.8    3 years ago

probably helps if one is high to read them!!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.2.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.7    3 years ago

it's hard to stop a trane, Tex. or so the commercial two story residential ten ton unit does claim, as again  and again, you see through me like an open door mat wiped clearly with lucid liquids smeared till clear as that train wrecking your derailed car pets, that shit on your drapes, now fire up the match, or whatever strikes you, cause again, you've put me Inn my place like an object  of your imagined mirror that makes me appear closer than you don't think about reflecting up on down off ten enough to comprehend my simple  stuff in my fowl gutter irrigation system with a  product of produce, or whatever you might deduce from a tightened loose....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.2.10    3 years ago

ever amusing in a train wreck sort of way.

Sophomore Guide
9.2.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.9    3 years ago
probably

It still bogles the mind though. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Earthling or  ? jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.2.12    3 years ago

who knows?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9    3 years ago
"We know that police violence disproportionately impacts black and Latino people in communities and that black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence." This is also true.

This is not true. It seems like a lot of lefties don't care if Blacks kill other Blacks, but become outraged when cops try to prevent them from killing each other, or other innocent citizens. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
10  MonsterMash    3 years ago

Of course, if the cop hadn't shot the girl with the knife he would be called a racist for not protecting the life of a black girl.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1  bugsy  replied to  MonsterMash @10    3 years ago
Of course, if the cop hadn't shot the girl with the knife he would be called a racist for not protecting the life of a black girl.

And Crump and Sharpton would have been there to say so.

Ironically, these two are a couple of the biggest, openly racists in public.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @10.1    3 years ago

Speaking of racists did anybody catch Lebron James tweet?

LeBron James incited violence against Columbus, Ohio, police officer Nicholas Reardon by tweeting “Your Next” accompanied by the hashtag “#accountability” and a photo of the officer which all has since been  deleted reported  Yahoo.com.

Funny that Twitter never censured that tweet, which was clearly inciting violence.

I wonder why?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.1    3 years ago

And how about this?

"Black Lives Matter activist and communist Bree Newsome condemns the “ruling white elite” who have convinced blacks that blacks “need armed white officers” to manage their communities and children. She says it’s “frightening,” “absolutely frightening.” It was her response to the shooting in Columbus.

Referencing the attempted stabbing of one black girl by another, Newsome said, “Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons. We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon against one of the teenagers. Y’all need help. I mean that sincerely.”

Knife fights are just part of growing up for teenage girls??????

It what kind of hell do they live in????

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    3 years ago

As I recall you sourced from or referred to Gateway Pundit a couple times. Did you see the comments that were put up on Gateway Pundit following the Chauvin verdict?

Blatant open racism . Many comments. 

How do you explain this in light of the fact that Gateway Pundit is a top ten online news source for conservatives?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.3    3 years ago
As I recall you sourced from or referred to Gateway Pundit a couple times. Did you see the comments that were put up on Gateway Pundit following the Chauvin verdict?

Your recollection is wrong. I NEVER use Gateway Pundit as a source, nor do I read anything there. So the answer would be NO.

More slander?

How do you explain this in light of the fact that Gateway Pundit is a top ten online news source for conservatives?

Conservatives?   Do you even know what a Conservative is?

Evidently you didn't like what I had to say about that ridiculous assertion about girls using knives.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.4    3 years ago

They have trouble making any convincing arguments FOR Psaki's comments, so attacking the source of the article is their go-to method.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.5    3 years ago

That is exactly what I want out readers to see.

They may not want to comment, but just wait until they get in the privacy of the voting booth!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago

There is so little opportunity that we keep seeing record turnouts!  Maybe we can get Stacey Abrams sister to once again rule that out of state voters can vote in state elections again?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
hundreds of laws proposed all across the country

Were in response to the changes that took place during the 2020 election. Many state legislatures allowed it to happen. Democrats wanted to make those "covid changes" permanent. Their push for HR 1 is nothing less than a federal takeover of congressional elections.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.11  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

Are you or someone you know not allowed to vote now?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.12  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

How does the Georgia law restrict turnout?

Specifically, not broad generalities that can't be verified.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.1.13  Ronin2  replied to    3 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @10.1.13    3 years ago

It is so easy to just claim that laws do one thing or another, but a completely different thing to actually be able to prove it when asked.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
10.1.15  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.1    3 years ago

Shouldn't that be "You're next"? 

Just being observant. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.16  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago
"Record turnouts resulted in hundreds of laws proposed all across the country to do nothing but restrict that turnout." 

That's exactly what the republicans are doing -restricting access.  Voter suppression, plain and simple.

TOO MANY DEMOCRATS ARE VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.17  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.16    3 years ago
That's exactly what the republicans are doing -restricting access.

How about finally backing up one of your claims. Never seen that happen before.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.18  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @10.1.17    3 years ago
How about finally backing up one of your claims. Never seen that happen before.

How the new law limits voting

It shrinks the window for voters to request mail ballots.   Rather than allowing voters to request ballots six months from Election Day, the new law says voters can start requesting ballots 78 days out; counties can begin sending ballots to voters just 29 days before Election Day, rather than the previous 49 days. It also sets an earlier cutoff date for ballot application requests.

Critics say any mail delays with these shorter periods could lead to voters not getting ballots on time, or not being able to return them in time. But proponents of the law say voters simply don’t need the 180 days they used to have to request ballots – and that moving up the cutoff date makes it less likely voters will receive ballots too late to get them back in time to be counted.

Counties and the state can send mail ballot applications only to voters who request them   (as opposed to simply sending every registered voter a ballot application) and cannot fill in information ahead of time.

New voter ID requirements.   Voters who cast mail ballots will have to provide one of several forms of identification. This provision — which replaces a signature match previously used to confirm voters’ identities — is one of the most controversial because critics say it is likely to disproportionately affect Black voters.

Voters don’t have to provide a copy of the identification, but could for example provide a driver’s license number, social security number or other acceptable identification.

A limit on the number of ballot drop boxes during early voting . It essentially limits the number of drop boxes in each county to one per early-voting site, or one for every 100,000 voters in the county, whichever number is smaller. And the drop boxes can’t be conveniently spread over the county, for example, in places where there aren’t in-person early-voting locations; they all have to be located either in a county election office or at an early-voting precinct location. They have to be indoors, which critics say make them less accessible and could lead to crowds where voters are already congregated,

Shortened early voting in runoff elections.   Instead of a minimum of three weeks of early voting in runoffs, early voting in runoffs will be held in a single Monday-Friday period.

State lawmakers get much more power over county and local elections   (and Republicans have decisive majorities in both the state Senate and the state House). The law states that the General Assembly will select the chair of the state elections board, rather than the board being chaired by the Georgia secretary of state — an elected position. The chair is supposed to be nonpartisan. The state election board can investigate county election boards and has the power to suspend county election superintendents — though the law limits the state board to suspending four at a time.

You might remember Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who became the target of his own party’s ire after President Donald Trump put pressure on him over the results of the 2020 election; this provision seems like a direct reaction to that, ensuring partisan state lawmakers can control the election process more directly.

A ban on handing out food and water within 150 feet of a polling place , or within 25 feet of any voter. Republicans say this is aimed at stopping outside groups from influencing voters; Democrats say it’s supposed to make it harder for people to wait in long lines, particularly on hot or cold days. Election officials are permitted to set up water stations — but they’re not required to do so.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.19  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @10.1.18    3 years ago

OK, so how does any of that cut and paste from an opinion piece answer my question.

Here's the answer.

It doesn't.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @10.1.19    3 years ago

You asked for information, I gave it to you. Not my problem if you do not like it.