╌>

'Demonic' Man-Hating Chihuahua Finally Gets Adopted After Post Goes Viral

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  48 comments

By:   MSN

'Demonic' Man-Hating Chihuahua Finally Gets Adopted After Post Goes Viral
Two-year-old Prancer was described as a "vessel for a traumatized Victorian child that now haunts our home" by his fosterer.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A man-hating "demonic" Chihuahua has finally found a forever home, after an adoption post calling him a "vessel for a traumatized Victorian child that now haunts our home" went viral.

© BiancaGrueneberg/Getty iStock Stock photo of a Chihuahua. A dog named Prancer has finally been adopted after their fosterer's post went viral when they referred to the mutt as 'haunted'.

Fosterer Tyfanee Fortuna made a last-ditch plea online to re-home the dog, named Prancer, earlier this month, saying it was holding her family "hostage."

Load Error

After her description of the two-year-old dog blew up, Fortuna revealed on Monday Prancer had finally been adopted, and was now living his "best life" in Connecticut.

In a Facebook post Fortuna, based in New Jersey, said his new owner was "madly in love with him," confirming she was finally free from Prancer's grip after he left last week.

She wrote: "Time flies when you're having fun. Time also flies when the Chihuahua who held your family hostage for 6 months finally gets adopted. Prancer is almost a distant nightmare to me now... I was going to be really embarrassed if I said all those unsavory things and it didn't work out... there would be no coming back from that. You can't call a dog a 13lb rage machine and then write another follow up bio saying 'He's a sweet boy who just needs time to warm up!'

"In closing, we do miss Prancer and he was loved here despite his quirks. I have a lot of experience with toxic men, so it was easy for me to overlook his malicious tendencies and love him anyway. However, being relieved of the constant haunting of a Victorian child has me sleeping easier."

The new owner has set up an Instagram account for Prancer, where she said: "Prancer, known as the demonic Chihuahua, has found his new home and is living his best life. A playful, loyal, companion, he's having a great time."

Fortuna's 700-word essay about Prancer took the internet by storm, after she referred to the pet as the "haunted Victorian child in the body of a small dog that hates men and children."

The now-infamous post, which refers to Prancer as "50% hate and 50% tremble," said: "There's not a very big market for neurotic, man hating, animal hating, children hating dogs that look like gremlins. Prancer only likes women. Nothing else. Every day we live in the grips of the demonic Chihuahua hellscape he has created in our home.

"He hates men more than women do, which says a lot. If you have a husband don't bother applying, unless you hate him. If you have people over he would have to be put away like he's a vacuum. I know finding someone who wants a chucky doll in a dog's body is hard, but I have to try."

Prancer was available via the Second Chance Pet Adoption League, after his previous owner, an elderly woman, "treated him like a human and never socialized him."

The group, based in Morris Plains, New Jersey, is a volunteer-led organization self-described as "small group of animal lovers dedicated to really helping the 'underdog,'" according to the organization's Facebook page.

The site added Prancer was in the running for the title of their "most terrible dog."

Related Articles

• Dog Adoption Post of Man-Hating 'Demonic Chihuahua' Goes Viral

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Good news for the dog described as '50% hate, 50% tremble'.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Chihuahuas are not family dogs.  My wife has had one for over 10 years now.  He is now completely blind and 90% deaf, yet will still go after any person or dog that happens to touch him, except my wife.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    3 years ago

What a shame dogs should be enjoyed not feared. 

Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    3 years ago
He is now completely blind and 90% deaf, yet will still go after any person or dog that happens to touch him, except my wife.

Has he been that way since going blind, or has he always been that way?  If/when the time comes to get another dog, maybe you can talk your wife into getting a different breed.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.2    3 years ago
Has he been that way since going blind, or has he always been that way?

Actually a tough question.  He was originally rescued from a puppy mill.  He was then adopted out to an abusive family. 

When we got him, he was terrified of any men.  Pretty sure the father of the family beat him.

Terrified of any dogs.  That family had other dogs and when we shaved him (tangles, he had long curly hair), we discovered many dog bites that were still healing.

Terrified of children.  Not the children's fault, but they were probably never shown how to play with the little dog.

And would do nothing for the 1st 2 weeks except huddle in a corner shaking.  Wife spent a lot of time trying to get him to eat and drink, and clean up after him.

When we got him, he was already going blind.  He wasn't the type of dog we were looking for, but after we saw him we knew we couldn't leave him there.  Even 10+ years later now, that dog will still wake up in the middle of then night with night terrors, snarling and lunging blindly at some imagined threat.  He has accidently lunged off the bed a few times.

Since going completely blind and mostly deaf, the only person he allows near him is my wife.  All our dogs give him a wide berth, and although our new puppy still tries to get him to play with her, she has also learned to be prepared for his response.  I can handle him, feed him and such, but if he doesn't find my wife soon after eating he will stand in the middle of the floor barking until she picks him up.  And if he is with her, and you get too close, you will be greeted with a snap of his 3 remaining teeth.

If/when the time comes to get another dog, maybe you can talk your wife into getting a different breed.

She has, but as I mentioned above, there was no way we could possibly have left him with the family we got him from.

Professor Guide
1.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.3    3 years ago

I am humbled to be in the cyber-presence of a true Rescue Warrior.  jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.4    3 years ago
I am humbled to be in the cyber-presence of a true Rescue Warrior.

I have a hard time thinking that anyone would have left him there after seeing him. 

Don't have a lot of pictures of him that I can find, but here he is.  Tongue is always out because the vet had to remove all except 3 of his teeth.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Chihuahuas are horrible dogs.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

El Diablo 

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Ha!!!!!!!

Sophomore Guide
3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

after his previous owner, an elderly woman,

Not every human should own a dog. 

My dog had puppies. I sold one to a lady who did not listen to how I told her to start her new puppy out when she got it home. 

Instead when she took it home the first thing she did was to let it out and down in her front yard, it ran from her as it didnt know her, then she cornered it and it ended up nipping her.

She called and I tried to fix the situation, but again she didn't do as I advised her and soon called me back again.

I told her to just bring my puppy back before she completely ruined the poor little guy.

It took about a week for that pup to get back to normal. 

Yes not everyone should have a dog for damn sure ! 

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3    3 years ago
Not every human should own a dog. 

I agree with that 100%. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

I love dogs but can't stand this nasty, ugly, neurotic breed. I like the cat's reponse

Sophomore Guide
4.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

LOL I call em, Those damn little ankle biters !  Or pocket pooches.  

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

I've only met ONE Chihuahua that was friendly; my friend got this tiny puppy [8 wks old] and took him EVERYWHERE to be socialized. That pup is friendly with everyone. The rest of them though... Satan can have them back. And there are people afraid of my American Pit Bull Terrier, Rocky....

800 <-- He's a "big" 44lb BABY!!!

Professor Guide
4.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.2    3 years ago

That is one content canine.  

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.2.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.1    3 years ago

Yes, he is. He's very much a "mama's boy."

He's the cuddliest dog I've ever known.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5  Hallux    3 years ago

Which end does one kick?

Sophomore Guide
5.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Hallux @5    3 years ago
Which end does one kick?

LOL, the one that doesn't end up with you in jail is the preferred end.

Professor Guide
5.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hallux @5    3 years ago
Which end does one kick?

Think offensive instead of defensive.  If one is carrying liver treats when a mini Cujo encounter is anticipated, they can throw a handful of treats one way, and beat feet going the other way.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I'm not fond of Chihuahuas even tho I like little dogs. Glad this little guy finally found a forever home

Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

For some reason I see you as owning a really big beefy playful kind of dog named Jethro.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1    3 years ago

I do like German Shephards and Huskies. But I like little dogs like beagles, schnauzers, and poodles

Professor Guide
6.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.1    3 years ago
I do like German Shepherds and Huskies. But I like little dogs like beagles, schnauzers, and poodles

We had a mini-Schnauz when I was in high school.  Buster always had something to say.  It seems he thought we were all deaf, which might be why he barked when the doorbell rang, he barked when the phone rang, he barked when he heard an alarm clock go off, he translated every TV show, he barked when my brother played Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album (especially the song Money), and although I can't prove it, I think Buster barked when he barked just to make sure we had heard the original bark.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1.2    3 years ago

He sounds like a great dog. My mom had a dog that was part schnauzer but the rest of him was indeterminate. He had the face of a schnauz but the body of a bull dog. He was such a good dog. His name was Gus

evilone
Professor Guide
7  evilone    3 years ago

I grew up with Chihuahuas. My grandmother had some. Loved the little weirdos, but my gf doesn't like small breeds.

It's just this goofy bastard here now and he has his own anxiety issues. LOL!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @7    3 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg Such a sweet face!

Professor Guide
7.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  evilone @7    3 years ago

My Grandma had a Chihuahua named Pee-Wee.  He wanted to kick everyone's ass except mine and my brother's.  Maybe we weren't a threat because we spent quite a bit of time at her house.  She also had a German Shepard named Tippy.  Pee-Wee wore the pants in that duo.  

Although I only have a Boston Terrier now,  I adore big dogs and yours is gorgeous.  That is the face of a dog that sleeps in the bed with you.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.3  Kavika   replied to  evilone @7    3 years ago

OMG, if that isn't the picture of high anxiety I don't know what is.

I'm getting stressed out just looking at the photo. 

LOLOL.

Professor Guide
7.3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @7.3    3 years ago

Pffttttttttttt!  That's a dog that needs to be kissed right on the lips!  There's nothing better than owning a dog whose paw looks bigger than his entire head.

evilone
Professor Guide
7.3.2  evilone  replied to  Kavika @7.3    3 years ago

He still has high separation anxiety issues. When the two of us start getting ready to go anywhere (even just out in the yard) he'll sit by the back door and start shaking. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.3.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @7.3.2    3 years ago

Aw. While my Rocky hates when all of us leave, he doesn't shake. Rocky was abandoned in Detroit, so I understand his clinginess, but he seems to have learned that we always come back. He won't go more than a few feet from me when outside though.

evilone
Professor Guide
7.3.4  evilone  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @7.3.3    3 years ago

If left alone Kobe crashes around from window to window and chews/scratches at the doors. He chewed through a standard hard plastic kennel so we got a steel one. The only time he barks (seriously! I didn't think he could bark.) is when he's kenneled and alone. (I have a kennel cam.)

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.3.5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @7.3.4    3 years ago

I'm really glad that we were able to stop Rocky from chewing on our shoes... that's really the only thing he would chew on when left alone. We don't really have to worry too much though, because I'm working from home, my son is schooling from home, and we have the adopted one that hasn't found a job yet... or gotten one yet anyways, he's interviewed for a few. It's pretty rare that all 5 in my house are gone all at once. This past Christmas, we were all gone for a few hours at my mother in law's house, but he was just laying by the back door, waiting for us to come home. Nothing amiss or chewed. We gave him a bully stick when we got home to reward him for being a good boy while we were gone.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @7    3 years ago

That's a dog I would wrestle with and then snuggle up on the couch when we got tired

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
8  MonsterMash    3 years ago

If there is a dog hell all Chihuahuas will go there.jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 years ago

Chihuahua's taste just like little chicken nuggets. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Kavika @9    3 years ago
Chihuahua's taste just like little chicken nuggets.

When roasted they look and taste like Cornish Hens

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I used to have a chihuahua, the tremble is real.  He’d pee on my friends - it was so embarrassing that I’d just distract them so they wouldn’t notice my tiny dog was depositing 10 ml of urine on their jeans.

Our last dog was 100 lb and just died a few months ago.  He was old, and taking care of him got to be such a chore that we said we were done with dogs.  Of course we miss him and were toying with the idea of another one.  Then we agreed to watch our son’s pitbull for a week - that fixed that.  Holy shit is that dog a handful.  So much muscle that she doesn’t know how to control it.  She’s the Dodge Viper of dogs.  She would go from zero to sixty in a half second across the yard, then while in full stride just randomly bounce like a kangaroo.  Taking her for a walk is just an exercise in being dragged around.  She’s very sweet and a gorgeous specimen, but I can’t imagine dealing with her every day.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1  Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    3 years ago
Taking her for a walk is just an exercise in being dragged around.  She’s very sweet and a gorgeous specimen, but I can’t imagine dealing with her every day.

They are very powerful dogs and when they get excited it's called ''doing zoomies''...They are also very protective, cuddle bugs, and intelligent. 

I have for years worked with the bully breeds at our local shelter getting them ready for adoption and socialized. Some come from horrific backgrounds but in the end, they all have been adopted. 

Your son's pittie should be leash trained. They are way too powerful not to be.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kavika @10.1    3 years ago

She is leash trained - for him.  I think she was just so excited about going for walks in new territory that she couldn’t control it.  Her shock collar didn’t even register for us.  She would instinctively sit at every intersection before crossing the street, so I know she’s been trained.  She just doesn’t register that she’s pulling my arm out of the socket because strength-wise it’s nothing to her.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
10.1.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1.1    3 years ago

Rather than a shock collar, I've found it much easier to have a harness and nummy treats in my pocket for training purposes. I've found that pitties respond best to positive reinforcement and distracting with a toy to curb certain behavior. Maybe Kav can chime in as I've only dealt with a couple of pits in my life. However, my Rocky no longer chews on shoes and has stopped pulling me during walks. The only "negative" reinforcement we've used is a squirt bottle for when he starts aggressively barking at passers by or trying to aggressively play with our 6 year old cat. We don't even have to squirt him anymore; he just sees the squirt bottle and he stops.

Professor Guide
10.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1.1    3 years ago
She just doesn’t register that she’s pulling my arm out of the socket because strength-wise it’s nothing to her.

I know it's not funny, but the picture in my head is.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1.1    3 years ago

I never use a shock collar, Hal. A prong collar or harness is much better with a dog as powerful as a pittie.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10.1.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kavika @10.1.4    3 years ago

We were just using the equipment she came with.  We gave up on the shock collar pretty quick.  She was so impervious to it that we couldn’t tell if it even worked ... and I wasn’t trying to test it on myself.  She had a full harness and a leash that is made to wrap around your waist.  I didn’t do the waist thing because I had visions of her taking off and slicing me in half.  That ought to really give SMAAB a laugh.

Professor Guide
10.1.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1.5    3 years ago
That ought to really give SMAAB a laugh.

Oh, stop!  I was thinking along these lines: 

animals-dog-cross_breed-cross_breed-dog_owner-pedigree-ear0143_low.jpg

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10.1.5    3 years ago

Professor Guide
10.1.8  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @10.1.7    3 years ago

Hilarious!!!!!!