╌>

SEE IT: Senator Ted Cruz can't keep his eyes open and Twitter has a ball

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   Brandon Sapienza (MSN)

SEE IT: Senator Ted Cruz can't keep his eyes open and Twitter has a ball
During President Joe Biden's first joint congressional address, CSPAN cameras caught Senator Ted Cruz having an extremely difficult time keeping his eyes open as the president outlined his plans for the country.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sleepy Joe? More like Sleepy Cruz.

During President Biden's first joint congressional address Wednesday, CSPAN cameras caught Sen. Ted Cruz having an extremely difficult time keeping his eyes open as the president outlined his plans for the country.

© Chip Somodevilla Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) looks on during U.S. President Joe Biden's address to a joint session of congress in the House chamber of the U.S. Capitol April 28, 2021 in Washington, DC.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) looks on during U.S. President Joe Biden's address to a joint session of congress in the House chamber of the U.S. Capitol April 28, 2021 in Washington, DC. (Chip Somodevilla/)

Naturally, the sight of Cruz's foible caught the attention of many Twitter users and they got the Texas senator trending almost immediately after Biden concluded his remarks.

"It's past bedtime for Sleepy Ted Cruz," one user wrote. "This is the same guy who calls President Joe Biden Sleepy Joe."

Ted Cruz appears to be dozing off pic.twitter.com/nFva4LBCkj
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) April 29, 2021

Another user decided to take the opportunity to remind people of Cruz's vacation that he took to Cancun in February.

Video: President 'Sleepy Joe' Biden puts Sen. Ted Cruz to sleep during address to Congress (FOX News)

President 'Sleepy Joe' Biden puts Sen. Ted Cruz to sleep during address to Congress FOX News See more videos SHARESHARETWEETSHAREEMAIL What to watch nextUP NEXT

"Your daily reminder that Ted Cruz vacationed in Cancun while millions of Texans were freezing without power," the user said.

Your daily reminder that Ted Cruz vacationed in Cancun while millions of Texans were freezing without power. pic.twitter.com/OpgW3iPCOy
— Protect Robert Mueller ✊ (@DisavowTrump20) April 29, 2021

Of course, jokes were flying even from Republicans.

"Texas man deep in prayer as @JoeBiden speaks, asking the Lord to deliver our beloved nation to a place of unity, progress and bounty. cc: @tedcruz," wrote Newsmax host Mark Halperin.

Self-proclaimed political satirist Jeremey Newberger got in on the action, too, with a picture he tweeted that shows Cruz dreaming of taking his Cancun vacation.

"What is Ted Cruz dreaming of, ya think?" he captioned the tweet.

What is Ted Cruz dreaming of, ya think? pic.twitter.com/yza4bJDxJp
— Mr. Newberger (@jeremynewberger) April 29, 2021

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    3 years ago

Forgive me, Sister Agnes, for I have sinned. I burned my red cap.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I thought Biden was the sleepy one. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3  pat wilson    3 years ago

Ted Cancun Cruz is dreaming of sandy beaches.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson @3    3 years ago

E0G1j_nXMAsFX2X?format=jpg&name=small