╌>

5 Easy Ways To Deal With Extremely Closed Minded People

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  321steve  •  3 years ago  •  31 comments

By:   higherperspectives

5 Easy Ways To Deal With Extremely Closed Minded People
Closed-minded people are everywhere in your life.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Closed-minded people are everywhere in your life. They will present themselves in various ways which may come off as ignorant or simply stupid.

Most of the time when we deal with them, they are either giving us unnecessary advice about our lives that they know nothing about, they will criticize you on the way you do things, and they will judge you for being who you are as a human being.

Being closed-minded is not how a person should operate in today's society or age and here are some ways for you to combat those kinds of people.

People who are closed-minded lack the ability to critically think about anything else that is different from their own way of living. However, it doesn't mean you do not have to be unreasonable with them.

Educating them on the things they no nothing about may seem tedious or pointless, but it does more good than you think it does.

1. Never Take Things Personally

The first rule when it comes to dealing with negative, closed-minded individuals is that you must never take anything they say or do personally. These kinds of people say a lot of horrible things to not just you but to everyone else that is different from themselves.

So, when they start lashing out at you and you feel as if they are trying to attack you in every way possible, just know that it's coming from a lot of their own insecurities.

This is a chance for you to educate this person on how it is you function, go about daily life, and just how you live as yourself.

Maybe they won't listen, but at least you gave them the chance to learn something new.

2. Stay Positive

It's also very important that you stay positive and do not fall victim to their hateful words or actions. At the end of the day, you might not ever see this person again in your entire life.

Staying positive throughout whatever adversity comes your way will reveal to you which kind of people are worthy as well as the unworthy weeding themselves out.

You do not have to despair for someone you don't even know who clearly has a lot of their own personal issues with the world around them. So love yourself, be happy, and don't let any kind of ignorance deter you.

3. It's Okay To Walk Away

People often underestimate themselves when they are dealing with someone who is coming at them full speed with their opinions, beliefs, and other things you never asked for in the first place, but it is more than okay for you to just walk away from the situation.

If a human being is purposely trying to cause you harm verbally and you never wanted a debate with them about something you're not comfortable discussing, then you can tell them "No thank you, I'm leaving" and simply walk out the door.

They do not deserve your time or words since they only have cruel intentions anyways.

4. Be Honest With Yourself

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you cannot simply walk away, sometimes being honest is all you have left. Stay true to yourself, your own beliefs, and the way you feel.

Even though the other person is trying to attack you or make you question yourself, just remember who you were before this person showed up and started harassing you.

Even if it means telling them to go away and never speak to you again, then do that instead of letting them assault you with insults/ignorance.

5. Keep Your Personal Life To Yourself

If a closed-minded person starts asking you about personal things in your life like your friends, family, work, etc. do not give them any of this information. They only have one true cruel intention when they can get their hands on personal things you love.

They will insult your family, friends, work, and make your life seem like a joke to them. It's important you tell them to mind their own business, please go away, and never talk to you again.

Once more, these kinds of people do not deserve your personal information.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

Please be responsible, respectful , real or be on your merry way.

Thank you, Steve 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

The way to deal with extremely close minded people is to point out the truth from their 'alternate facts and reality' and then be on your way.

I do that all the time here on NT.  

That's how us liberals/progressives/Democrats are.  We like to point out the error of your ways and then move on.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Everyone thinks the other guy , or moreso, that the other side is closed minded. 

I think everyone should stay open minded in general, but it is ok and probably even desirable to become close minded on specifics, as long as you feel sure you are right. For example, I can be very open minded in general but on certain topics I know I am right and am thus immovable. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Never approach an elephant from the front, a horse from the rear, and fools from any direction.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

ASK QUESTIONS

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I know how I'm going to deal with close minded people...get up from my chair and ask if anybody needs a beer

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     3 years ago

I don't bother with closed-minded people at all.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago

Way better for your blood pressure and peace of mind!

Sophomore Guide
8.2  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago
I don't bother with closed-minded people at all

I Prefer not to but sometimes especially in business its unavailable. Staying focused and not invested in their approval just the desired result usually works for me.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
9  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

Having to deal with close minded people just might explain why the cost of a 2x4 at the lumber yard has gone through the roof.

Sophomore Guide
9.1  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @9    3 years ago

love it !!! 

LMAO !

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1    3 years ago

I don't get it....

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.1    3 years ago

Hit up beside the head with a 2x4. The cost is going up cuz all the 2x4's are being used. Or the moosh nooshs have surrounded their heads with 2x4's so they are closed minded

Sophomore Guide
9.1.3  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.1    3 years ago
I don't get it....

lol Its a joke.

Think about it, no one wants their head beat in, some will listen instead. 

Not really though... sadly really closed is usually is really closed, even til death.  

I figure that's why I have feet. No 2x4 needed. 

Sophomore Guide
9.1.4  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Kavika @9.1.2    3 years ago
Hit up beside the head with a 2x4

That's kinda how I interpreted it. Thanks for offering an option !

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.1.2    3 years ago

Now I get it. I'm slow. I know.

Thanks for the explanation

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
9.1.6  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.5    3 years ago

Me thinks you might have the qualifications to be an officer Trout...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @9.1.6    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

tho that was kinda mean....

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
9.1.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.7    3 years ago

I suggest you look into the Marines....

Remember...

They are looking for a few good men!   ( Not many.... just a few! )  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

5. Keep Your Personal Life To Yourself

If a closed-minded person starts asking you about personal things in your life like your friends, family, work, etc. do not give them any of this information. They only have one true cruel intention when they can get their hands on personal things you love.

They will insult your family, friends, work, and make your life seem like a joke to them. It's important you tell them to mind their own business, please go away, and never talk to you again.

Once more, these kinds of people do not deserve your personal information.

I wish somebody had told me this 25 years ago....

Sophomore Guide
10.1  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @10    3 years ago
I wish somebody had told me this 25 years ago....

I kinda learned that on my own but. many times I let my guard down when I am trying to reason with someone who isn't as reasonable as I would like. I have learned to defend myself pretty well as a result as well. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Trout Giggles @10    3 years ago

Yeah, I don’t divulge much of anything about my personal life to anyone, and especially not in any real detail. Not unless I trust them and interact with them on a regular basis.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10.2    3 years ago

I did divulge things when I first started working where I am now. A very bitter backstabber who I thought was my friend talked about me behind my back and when I found out, I cut her out of my life. Now we shoot daggers at each other when we pass by

Sophomore Guide
10.2.2  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @10.2.1    3 years ago
I did divulge things when I first started working where I am now.  Now we shoot daggers at each other when we pass by

I learned to be friendly with my neighbors, But not be friends with my neighbors for just that reason. 

It was a hard learned lesson. I had a (what I thought was) a good friend and neighbor until we had a disagreement then neither one of us wanted the other as  a neighbor, But we were stuck seeing each other on a regular basis as we came and went for years till I ended up moving out of state.

Lesson learned. 

"Hi neighbor, bye neighbor have a nice day." 

I like my home and I want to continue to like my home ! 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
10.2.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @10.2.2    3 years ago

I love my neighbors. I was SO GLAD that after my elderly neighbor passed, her daughter decided to stay in the house. She and I have done a lot for each other. My daughter and I helped her with her 96 year old mother in the final months. She helped me with money troubles. My kids help her carry groceries in. She watches out for packages being dropped off and lets me know if our lawn people have just fertilized. We make sure that our neighbors sidewalks and driveways are shoveled. The one neighbor would take care of my pets if we went somewhere. I KNOW that all neighbors are NOT like that and that's why I REALLY appreciate the ones I have.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @10.2.3    3 years ago

We lived next to a vacant 3 acre tree loaded lot for a number of years. We really enjoyed having no next door neighbors. But then...we sold an easement to a housing developer for a forced main sewer. So the 3 acre lot that was unsellable because it couldn't pass a perc test now became desirable. Well, long story short, we now have next door neighbors.

But the beauty thing is that they are super great people. Their boys like earning a little bit of extra money by coming over every other day when we're away and feeding the cats. The neighbor helped Mr G pull me out of the woods when I double fractured my ankle. They don't even mind when I yell at their dogs to stop barking at me in my yard. You just never know when lemons will make a lemon meringue pie

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

I have 2 ways that I prefer. 1) ignore them because there is t much point engaging them in the first place. 2) give them suit just to piss them off and then laugh at them.

Sophomore Guide
11.1  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Thrawn 31 @11    3 years ago
1) ignore them because there is t much point engaging them in the first place. 2) give them suit just to piss them off and then laugh at them.

I prefer if need be   #1.

#2   pissing them off IMO: Just furthers their resolve and gives them an enemy to direct their bent up frustrations towards. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
12  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Sometimes it’s almost impossible to not be close minded.  My step daughter recently informed the family that she is taking hormones, changing her name, and transitioning to the male gender identity.  For some people I get it, but only those who naturally seem like the opposite sex in every way.  She has very feminine mannerisms so it just seems like she is forcing it on herself ... and everyone else.  It’s like an asexual effeminate male trapped in a female’s body.  That’s just a level of wokeness that I’m not comfortable with, and I doubt I’ll ever subconsciously be able to use the pronoun she (he) desires.  But I’ll try - it’s his life.

Oops ... just broke rule #5.

Sophomore Guide
13  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

It's Okay To Walk Away

.........  Agreed !!