╌>

Woman Accused of Punching American Airlines Flight Attendant Over Garbage Is Given Travel Curbs

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  31 comments

By:   MSN

Woman Accused of Punching American Airlines Flight Attendant Over Garbage Is Given Travel Curbs
Chenasia Campbell, of Brooklyn, is accused of striking a flight attendant multiple times, as well as knocking the woman to the floor.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The woman arrested on Sunday for repeatedly attacking one flight attendant and verbally abusing another is said to be receiving mental health treatment, having been released on a $15,000 bond. Chenasia Campbell, 28, was said to have become irate because her garbage was not picked up by crew members.

© Robert Alexander/Getty File photo: An American Airlines Boeing 737 passenger plane taxis from a gate to the runway at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, D.C. A North Carolina woman said she was made to pay an "African American service charge" after reviewing her bank statement following an American Airlines flight.

The alleged assault occurred midway through an American Airlines flight from Miami to New York City. Campbell, of Brooklyn, New York, is accused of striking a flight attendant multiple times, as well as knocking the woman to the floor.

An off-duty New York Police Department officer also happened to be aboard the plane at the time of Campbell's alleged misconduct. A criminal complaint filed Monday reports the officer subdued the aggressive passenger and placed her in restraints, which she remained in for the rest of the flight to New York City.

The criminal complaint was filed in the Eastern District of New York. It claims Campbell followed the first flight attendant down the aisle, during which time she complained that no one picked up her garbage. A second attendant attempted to intervene and physically separate the two women, according to the complaint.

However, the attempt to diffuse the situation seemingly backfired on the second flight attendant when Campbell became more irate after her involvement and allegedly pulled the second attendant's hair.

Afterward, Campbell walked away but yelled at another passenger in the process. She then soon returned to scream obscenities at the second flight attendant, the complaint said.

The court document reports Campbell yelled at one point: "Cops aren't going to do anything to me" before striking the flight attendant with closed fists.

When the plane touched down at New York's JFK Airport, Campbell was taken off the craft and placed into police custody.

The criminal complaint also noted that the flight attendant whom Campbell allegedly assaulted sustained scrapes, bruises and a strained neck, but reportedly declined medical attention.

Campbell appeared via teleconference in federal court in Brooklyn Monday afternoon on federal charges of interfering with a flight crew. She was released on a $15,000 bond with travel restrictions imposed.

Campbell's public defender, James Darrow, stated during the hearing that his client is currently participating in a state-run mental health treatment program.

According to the legal website FindLaw.com, acts of interference with a flight crew "that don't quite rise to the level of criminal conduct can still warrant hefty fines by the FAA." Those civil penalties can result in fines of up to $25,000 per violation, and multiple violations can result from one incident.

However, Findlaw.com also notes that flight crew interference incidents that involve physical assault can result in up to 20 years imprisonment and fines of up to $250,000.

Newsweek has contacted American Airlines and Darrow for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Campbell yelled at one point: "Cops aren't going to do anything to me" before striking the flight attendant with closed fists.

Good luck with that, dear.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Hopefully, no tolerance will be shown and she will do some hard time.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago

As I said on another seed....hefty fine and 10 year minimum of the No Fly List.  I hope that flight attendant goes after her in civil court for damages.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Worth a watch:

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

Doesn’t Jesus have better things to do than hang out with losers?  He could have at least stepped in and broken up the fight.

Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    3 years ago
He could have at least stepped in and broken up the fight.

Maybe he was wearing his off-duty policeman's disguise.  But one thing is certain:  I want an explanation for the at-the-ready handcuffs.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.2    3 years ago

Maybe he was wearing his off-duty policeman's disguise.  But one thing is certain:  I want an explanation for the at-the-ready handcuffs.

Good point.  For a guy with few possessions, wrist restraints seem like an odd choice.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.2    3 years ago

I'm betting they have them on the aircraft for emergencies. 

Professor Guide
2.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.3    3 years ago
For a guy with few possessions, wrist restraints seem like an odd choice.

Now that's just funny!

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

wtf?

Professor Guide
2.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.2    3 years ago
wtf?

Her last mugshot:

R081dc0fca122c9229dbc3c7072699ae1?rik=NI6wfKzMN4dmAQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.popfi.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2fnick-nolte-mugshot.jpg&ehk=cP1DjYITIqXkPuFDHGJP%2bXT%2bPTGZWcV0enzC9NDa2BQ%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.1    3 years ago

LOL! I guess she didn't have time to do her make-up

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.1    3 years ago

Nolte is not usually that unkempt.  He was shooting The Hulk (Bannon's father) when that photo was taken and that was the look he wanted for his character.

Professor Guide
2.2.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    3 years ago
LOL! I guess she didn't have time to do her make-up

Which might explain her choice of headwear couture...

Screen-Shot-2021-05-03-at-8.09.52-PM.png?resize=752%2C440&ssl=1

And oopsies, it looks like she left some acrylic back on the aircraft.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.3    3 years ago

I thought that was a mugshot

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.1    3 years ago

Damn, I need a haircut...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.4    3 years ago

She really is having a bad day

Professor Guide
2.2.8  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.5    3 years ago
I thought that was a mugshot

That was his DUI mugshot from a zillion years ago.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

You beat me to it, lol

Professor Guide
2.3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @2.3    3 years ago
You beat me to it, lol

I can't wait to see what she looks like under all that mess.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.3.1    3 years ago
I can't wait to see what she looks like under all that mess.  

We might get a look at the real her if her mugshot is posted to the Internet, or someone posts a different picture of her. And I am quite sure someone looking for their own 15 minutes of fame will do just that.

Professor Guide
2.3.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.2    3 years ago
And I am quite sure someone looking for their own 15 minutes of fame will do just that.

I know, I keep looking for it.  Although it wouldn't surprise me if she's getting her hair done and a new set of nails put on before she hits the talk-show circuit.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

OK she has lost every last one of her marbles.

Professor Guide
2.4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tacos! @2.4    3 years ago
OK she has lost every last one of her marbles.

And that assuming she had them to begin with.