╌>

Dr. Jill Biden Wishes Every Latinx Citizen A Happy Cincway Du Marco

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  24 comments

By:   The Babylon Bee

Dr. Jill Biden Wishes Every Latinx Citizen A Happy Cincway Du Marco
WASHINGTON, D.C. - America's Hispanic population was treated to a very special speech today, in which First Lady Dr. Jill Biden wished all the Latinx people a happy 'Cincway du Marco.'Hola fellow Latinx!' said Dr. Jill Biden as she donned an authentic Mexican sombrero and shook a maraca. 'We honor your intersectional brown bod ...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S. Dr. Jill Biden Wishes Every Latinx Citizen A Happy Cincway Du Marco May 5th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

WASHINGTON, D.C.—America's Hispanic population was treated to a very special speech today, in which First Lady Dr. Jill Biden wished all the Latinx people a happy "Cincway du Marco."

"Hola fellow Latinx!" said Dr. Jill Biden as she donned an authentic Mexican sombrero and shook a maraca. "We honor your intersectional brown bodies today! Si se puahdwe! Have a muy bueno Cincway du Marco! Yay!"

The socially distanced crowd of color then stood to their feet in rapturous applause, proud to be honored by a real live doctor.

After the speech, Dr. Jill Biden will treat detained migrants to a very special Zoom call in which she will wish them a happy holiday. She will then authorize one extra bowl of gruel for each detainee in honor of the very special day. She has also directed ICE agents to dress as Mexican vaqueros so everyone feels more at home.

Kamala Harris also announced she will finally be visiting the border as well, but sources reported she'll only be there to pick out a new cleaning lady.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Ah, there is so much love in the world!

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Is that what you are shovelling?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I've got news for you, Babylon Bee is weak satire. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

It's not funny at all.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
Babylon Bee is weak satire

Not only is it weak, it's pretty damn racist. Cut and pasting sombreros, claiming the Vice President is going to the border to pick out a cleaning lady, saying that Latino's were proud to meet a "real live doctor", claiming the detainees will get an extra bowl of gruel, even as supposed comedy it's fucking tasteless. But I guess it's not much different than their cutting and pasting KKK hoods on prominent Democrats, I guess if they've got nothing to actually gripe about they have fun just making shit up. Comedy is supposed to be taking some nugget of truth and blowing it out of proportion, that's what can make it funny, not just taking people you disagree with and fabricating a false narrative out of whole cloth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    3 years ago

when one is reading satire, it helps to have a sense of humor.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.1    3 years ago
when one is reading satire, it helps to have a sense of humor.

When one is reading satire it helps if the satire is funny and not just a compilation of racist stereotypes.

C_Pwgb9UMAIDizY.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.2    3 years ago

see, I can laugh at that because I can recognize satire and have a sense of humor

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    3 years ago

original

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.1    3 years ago

To hard core liberals, satire is only funny when they come up with it first.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.5    3 years ago

too true.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.7  Tacos!  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.5    3 years ago

I love how they come to these seeds and declare the satire to be “unfunny!” as if it were a thing you could measure objectively.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.7    3 years ago

Yep.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    3 years ago

The self-bashing Ted Cruz piñata must have been popular.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    3 years ago

Yeah she is a phony.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sunshine @4    3 years ago

It’s satire.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1    3 years ago

Do you know what satire is?

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

I feel marginalized and disrespected by all this "Happy Cinco de Mayo" stuff. I think it would be more inclusive to just say "Happy Holidays."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago

LOL!.

What's really weird is that it is celebrated more here than Mexico!

Just like Juneteenth was pretty much only a Texas celebration, and now people all over the country celebrate it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    3 years ago

not satire, although it should have been

1. Donald Trump Eats a Taco Bowl to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo ...

th?id=OVP.F2RB0-sjAILlbDbLJuvFOwEsCo&w=216&h=120&c=4&rs=1&vt=5&o=6&pid=6.1&qlt=80
    2:47

May 05, 2016  · realDonaldTrump/Twitter — - - In an apparent celebration of  Cinco de Mayo,  Donald  Trump,  the presumptive Republican nominee, tweeted a picture of himself  eating  a  taco bowl,  a move widely criticized for pandering to …

• Author:   CANDACE SMITH

th?id=OIP.eT92QAOPeXVjFzMzrCA6vwHaE8&w=202&h=160&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago

gee, almost as bad as Hillary claiming to carry a bottle of hot sauce around when she pondered to blacks.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago
tweeted a picture of himself  eating  a  taco bowl,  a move widely criticized for pandering to …

Yeah, it’s a pretty stupid criticism considering this how just about everyone celebrates the day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @6.2    3 years ago

but if you drank a Corona or margarita, you must be racist!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.1    3 years ago

I made margaritas (they were AWWsummmm!) and we had tacos from Costco. So much cultural appropriation!