╌>

What would you say is the most valuable man-made non-replaceable object in the world?

Category:  Other

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  3 years ago  •  13 comments

What would you say is the most valuable man-made non-replaceable object in the world?

What would you say is the most valuable single man-made non-replaceable object in the world?

This is my guess.

OIP.fNRRE7zUIGFz343v_y_X0gHaJV?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

My opinion is based on the facts that it cannot possibly be replaced, and one would probably have to buy the whole Louvre and its contents in order to acquire it, and does anyone have that much money?

Does anyone have any other ideas?  Remember, only a single man-made object.

Article is LOCKED by moderator [Buzz of the Orient]
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Has anyone got any good ideas about this?

Do I need to say it - politics and religion are OFF TOPIC

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago
$ 867 million

Secrets of the Mona Lisa Today, in 2021, the Mona Lisa is believed to be worth more than   $ 867 million , taking into account inflation. Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa between 1503 and 1506 AD.
original
www.scienceabc.com/social-science/why-is-mona-lisa-so-famous-worth-cost-to…

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The Dallas Cowboys football team is worth more than that, and thats not even counting their stadium which cost 1.2 billion to construct. 

NFC East in 2021: Cowboys are favored, but can Washington repeat? The Dallas Cowboys, the most valuable sports team in the world, are now worth   $4.8 billion . That's according to the latest NFL franchise values published by Forbes on Monday.

zuksam
Junior Silent
3.1  zuksam  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

I was thinking on the same lines but I realized that while buildings were valuable there is also land that is man made that's worth more. Parts of Manhattan, Boston, and many other very expensive Cities were created with landfill and are some of the most valuable real estate in the world. Just in Lower Manhattan there are 75 blocks that they created. How many billions is that worth?

zuksam
Junior Silent
3.1.1  zuksam  replied to  zuksam @3.1    3 years ago

Also I don't think the Manhattan land is replaceable since environmental laws would prevent them from filling wetlands, estuaries, and tidal marshes.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

If you want to say a football team and its stadium are not objects, then we can go to the real answer. 

The International Space Station is the most valuable man made object in the world, as it cost over 100 billion dollars to design and construct. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

A football team is not an "object" although the stadium can be considered one.  I agree that the value of the ISS is probably beyond most if not all man-made objects, but I chose the Mona Lisa because it cannot be replaced, whereas your suggestions can be.  But now, seeing that there are probably many replaceable man-made objects that may be worth far more than the Mona Lisa, I have changed the question - the object must be NON-REPLACEABLE.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.1.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    3 years ago

Anoon buzz...it is sitting in your own backyard...the great Wall of China...😀😀

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @4.1.1    3 years ago

Hi Shona1,

Granted that it would take years, costs lives and fortunes beyond belief, but it COULD be replaced. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    3 years ago

Anything except for a totally ruined environment can be replaced. That is man-made.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

The ISS is what first came to mind so I looked it up. Space travel is expensive!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  cjcold @4.2    3 years ago

My title question was originally misleading, and I since changed it to mean objects that cannot be replaced.  The ISS can be replaced.  The Mona Lisa cannot. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I think I made a mistake by posting this - I did it wrong to start with and I don't think I'll continue with it.  So I'm locking it and I'm going to post another article about cars/trucks that I think will work better.