╌>

GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn said he missed 15 House votes because he was fulfilling his 'service as a husband'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Grace Panetta, Business Insider

GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn said he missed 15 House votes because he was fulfilling his 'service as a husband'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Grace Panetta

Fri, May 21, 2021, 4:52 PM

770c385ba3f46a7d90778a35441147f7

Rep. Madison Cawthorn.   House Television via AP
  • Rep. Madison Cawthorn said he missed votes to fulfill his "service as a husband" on his honeymoon.

• An analysis from Quorum showed Cawthorn has missed the most votes of any freshman lawmaker.

• Cawthorn told "Real America's Voice News" that all the votes he missed were on "Democrat garbage."

GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn said his "service as a husband" kept him from over a dozen congressional votes in April and described all the missed votes as "Democrat garbage"   during an interview on the conservative program "Real America's Voice News."

Data   collected by the legislative-analysis firm Quorum   and reported on by Axios found that Cawthorn had missed the highest percentage of votes - 16.2% - of any freshman House member during the 117th Congress. The top five freshmen to miss the most votes are all Republicans.

"To that, I really laugh. It shows how the Democrats feel about the nuclear family in America right now. I was doing the only thing that I find more important than my service in Congress, and that's my service as a husband," Cawthorn told host David Brody when asked about Axios' reporting on his missed votes.

Cawthorn said that "they had the votes pile up" the week he was away for his honeymoon   after marrying his wife, Cristina Bayardelle, in his home state of North Carolina in early April , which resulted in him missing out on 15 votes.

"Every single vote that came up was some Democrat garbage, so I was happy to be able to not actually have to vote on those," Cawthorn said. "They're eliminating our voices. They're not allowing us to debate on the House floor. And, I'm telling you, if I had to choose between voting with Nancy Pelosi or spending time with my beautiful wife, I'll choose Cristina every time."

Cawthorn also did not designate another lawmaker to enter votes on his behalf while he was on his honeymoon. Under special COVID-19 procedures, House members can vote by proxy via a colleague

Cawthorn's spokesperson Micah Bock   previously told Axios   that the congressman "married the love of his life on April 3rd of 2021. Due to his honeymoon, he missed House votes occurring between April 13th and April 16th."

Cawthorn, 25, was elected to Congress from North Carolina's 11th District in 2020 to replace Mark Meadows, who left Congress to serve as former President Donald Trump's chief of staff. As the youngest person elected to Congress in two centuries, Cawthorn has positioned himself as a voice for young conservatives.

Early in his tenure in Congress, Cawthorn wrote in an email to his colleagues saying he built his "staff around comms rather than legislation,"   Time reported in January .

Read the original article on   Business Insider

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

"Data      collected by the legislative-analysis firm Quorum      and reported on by Axios found that Cawthorn had missed the highest percentage of votes - 16.2% - of any freshman House member during the 117th Congress. The top five freshmen to miss the most votes are all Republicans."

Let me guess who those other freshman repukes are - Boebert and Taylo- Greene I'm sure are two of the other freshmen repukes not doing dick except stirring up shit.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

"To that, I really laugh. It shows how the Democrats feel about the nuclear family in America right now. I was doing the only thing that I find more important than my service in Congress, and that's my service as a husband," Cawthorn told host David Brody when asked about Axios' reporting on his missed votes.

Banging your wife on your honeymoon doesn't have anything to do with a nuclear family dickhead.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    3 years ago

Poor butt hurt Democrats upset that Republicans won't vote for their putrid bills coming out of the House? What does it matter if they are there or not? They are not yes vote for Democrat stupidity.. If their constituents are that upset about them they can vote them out next in their next election cycle.

Want to lay odds Democrats will lose seats in the House this midterm for their over reaching bills and over all general bullshit? Until midterms by all means please continue to deflect from the worst Congress and Administration ever.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3    3 years ago
"Until midterms by all means please continue to deflect from the worst Congress and Administration ever."  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif
DEFLECTION, PROJECTION, DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mean trumpturds' criminal enterprise of an administration, right?

They were indeed, the WORST!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @3    3 years ago

Nah, just annoyed that he is milking the tax payer teat and not even doing the most basic aspect of his job, not even bothering to vote nay on a bill. Fucking great gig, maybe I’ll run as a republican since absolutely nothing is actually expected of me.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

Meanwhile Mrs. Cawthorn rated his service on a scale of 10 as 2.3. She also stated that she was looking forward to meeting the postman and assorted delivery boys.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

Does she have any security detail???????????

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago

I believe Matt Gaetz installed security cameras in their master bedroom.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Cawthorn is an extremist right wing nutjob.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago

The new gqp

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

186558472_10225375719209537_6932120590499584204_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=B5KYp2rCO1IAX8quo8T&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=502bbba1760f814b6e34b87338261084&oe=60CEC412

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Again, he is not there to actually represent his district or do anything related to governing. He is there for the salary and publicity so he can get a TV spot on conservative media. That’s the end goal for these incoming GOP reps.

Can’t be bothered to, you know, vote or sponsor your own bills. That bullshit gets in the way of what is important, saying really dumb shit and then repeating on conservative talk shows.

Hallux
PhD Principal
8  Hallux    3 years ago

Did Madison Cawthorn Lie About The Accident That Left Him Paralyzed?