╌>

Joseph Borgen, Jewish Man Beaten in NYC Attack, Says Face 'Felt Like It Was on Fire' as Suspect Arrested

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  92 comments

By:   BY NATALIE COLAROSSI, Newsweek

Joseph Borgen, Jewish Man Beaten in NYC Attack, Says Face 'Felt Like It Was on Fire' as Suspect Arrested
"I was literally just in a fetal position, trying to guard my head and face, literally just trying to make it out of there alive," he told The Daily Mail. "I thought I was going to die. I thought I was really going to die."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Waseem Awawdeh, One of the suspects apprehended (Tampa Free Press ) 

Speaking to multiple news outlets after the incident, Borgen described being kicked, punched, maced, and beaten to the ground by a group of several men. The suspects also reportedly directed antisemitic comments toward him.

"I was literally just in a fetal position, trying to guard my head and face, literally just trying to make it out of there alive," he told The Daily Mail. "I thought I was going to die. I thought I was really going to die."

Borgen told the outlet that he never imagined he would have to fear for his life like that in New York City. "I would never think I'd ever have to worry about my religion or my skin color or my ethnicity being a problem in New York city," he continued, adding that "beyond just the Jewish perspective, the amount of hate that's going on these days is really just mind blowing to me."

The incident is being treated by the New York Police Department (NYPD) as a hate crime.

So far, one person has been detained, and police are searching for up to six more individuals.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Speaking to multiple news outlets after the incident, Borgen described being kicked, punched, maced, and beaten to the ground by a group of several men. The suspects also reportedly directed antisemitic comments toward him.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Krishna @1    3 years ago

That looked like a serious beat down and then it looks like the cops arrest the victim?  Also looked like a targeted attack.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Here's a better video that illustrates the sheer brutality of the attack-- and the number of pro-Palestinian "activists" who engaged in it. (Note: Click on the link at the bottom of the page called "May 20", below to view).

Rob Bertrand
@Robertrand77
Just witnessed a beat down in Times Square.
·
May 20

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago

Thank you, Krishna! It's bad. Very bad. So bad.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

Bullies and haters are almost always much stronger attacking their victims in groups. They lack the cojones to deal with their victims one on one! Hope the perpetrator(s) are tried and found guilty of hate crimes and put away for a long time!

zuksam
Junior Silent
3.1  zuksam  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    3 years ago

If they weren't born in this country they should be Deported. That would send a clear message to other would be attackers. If they want to fight in foreign conflicts they need to go live there.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  zuksam @3.1    3 years ago

Exactly.  The precise policy the Native Americans failed to pursue and look where it got them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

I am not a Twitter user, so I'm not to familiar with how to use it. However, I believe these links work (the second picture is the victim in the a neck brace).

This is the Jewish person that was beaten for being a Jew. I hope the media includes it in their story. When will our stupid @NYCMayor get off his fat ass and condemn these mobs that are taking over his streets. pic.twitter.com/YCScm5SJRY — FullRubberJackets (@FulRbrJckts) May 21, 2021

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    3 years ago

And now this is us?  

I know these thoughts and actions have always dwelt in the American underbelly.  But the past few years seems to have bred a subtle acknowledgment or too often an illegitimate legitimate search for justification and excuse.

There are reasons for this.  Anybody care to discuss them?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @5    3 years ago

I would like to know what your reasons are - you're there, as my opinons would have to be from viewing from afar, not being present in America for about 14 years, and not influenced by American political loyalties.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    3 years ago

One, albeit a small one would be the ( innocent blending ) of religion and governance.

Another ( could or may be ) the perversion of the purpose of The US Constitution, mainly the First, Second, Fifth and Fifteenth Amendments.  Others also come into play if the right wing needs a foil or spawned outrage.

The right wing is active and is well funded while the left wing delegates itself as merely a reactionary apparatus to the feints and thrusts of the rising American underbelly.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.1    3 years ago
The right wing is active and is well funded while the left wing delegates itself as merely a reactionary apparatus to the feints and thrusts of the rising American underbelly.

This seems to be too cool by half. Care to break it down to 'us'?

To display my cooperation with the thread, I see the problem as being 'perpetually unresolved'. . . the lists of presidents with Israel-Palestine (save South K/North K. for another day) in their 'halls of shame' is growing and everlasting. How many presidents will have to be 'broken' on the 'rocks' of this one international dilemma?

Israel-Palestine! Don't y'all think it is time to heal yourselves: For your good and the 'peace' of the nations? It can't be that complex if you just let it go!

Our streets, with all our current 'in-country' distresses, can't handle picking up this 'burden' where it left off!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  CB @5.1.2    3 years ago

The vote counts by "Cyber Ninjas" and others currently underway.  The American Underbelly is rising.  This is one thing.  There are others too.  Look.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.4  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.3    3 years ago

Sighing*.  I thank you for your answer. It's all so pessimistic, nevertheless.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.3    3 years ago
The vote counts by "Cyber Ninjas" and others currently underway.  The American Underbelly is rising.  This is one thing.  There are others too.  Look.

The "Cyber-Ninjas" are far right nutcases-- probably a good number of religious fanatics in the mix..

But unless there's been breaking news I missed...I don't know what this guys politics are. Is he also a Right Winger?

Or an extremist nutcase...I don't know.

I"m not making assumptions about the perp's identity, and his beliefs- before I know the actual facts!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5    3 years ago
Anybody care to discuss them?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a t least some similarity to the  reaions a group of people (of unknown  origin-- many people are saying that they were Christian fundamentalists but I disagree) attacked us on 911.

I've also heard people those motives were similar to those of the Boston marathon Bomber.

Other people believe that their motives were similar to the perp (perps?) behind the Orlando Nightclub terror attack.

and other yet still clain the motives were similar to the 1977 hostage taking in Washinton.

Or the 1980 murder of a diplomat in Bethesda by Daoud Salahuddin...

or the December 1983 attempt to set fire to a theatre by Irania students (that may not count-- unless you are discussing motive-- asmthe attempt was thwarted)

and 1986-- Libyan gang attmepts to bomb Chicagos O'Hare airport.

and in 1987, an Islamic terrorist attempted a bombing in Atlantic City.

!990 Rabbi Meir Kahane assassinated by Al-Sayyid Abdulazziz Nossair

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2    3 years ago

Discuss which ones?

Here are some more terro attacks in the U.S. that may or may not be related;

1991 Mustafa Shalabi killed in Brooklyn by Islamic group members

1992 Parivash Rafizadeh, wife of former senior officer in Iranian Shah's SAVAK, shot near her home

1993 Mir Amail Kansi, an Afghan Islamist, shot several CIA employees in cars in front of CIA headquarters

And, also 1993,  most people have forgotton (or in fact never aware of-- the FIRST attack on the WTC by religious fundamentalists)!

Later in 1993, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman and others arrested for role in World Trade Center bombing, thwarting plans to bomb United Nation

1994 Headquarters, the Lincoln Tunnel, the Holland Tunnel, the George Washington Bridge, and FBI offices in New York City (note: this attack was also linked to THE FIRST World Trade Center Bombing)

Also 1994, gunman fires at van of Orthodox Jewish students at the Brooklyn Bridge ( actually remember that one because it was so strange...as far as I know the motive is still unknown).

1997: "lone Palestinian gunman fired on tourists on observation deck of Empire State Building; Danish national was killed and other tourists injured before gunman killed himself. (There they go again with their Islamophobia-- in fact I bet they warrant even Palestinians because real Palestinians would never do anything like that!!!) Fake News!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2.1    3 years ago

I also came across a few articles about some group attacking The World Trade center (and possibly other targets) But IIRC both the identities and the motives of the terrorists were unknown. (Don't know if this was at all related to the 1993 attack, or was rahter merely a coincidence).

There have been rumours in the Arab World that "Americans" were behind those attacks, although Arab opinion is divided. (Some feel the Jews were behind it-- others feel it was Bush...)

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2.2    3 years ago

I also remeber this one in 2002: Some crazy gunman shot up the El Al counter at LAXC IIRC<

Motive apparently still unknown...

Then, in 1997, "would-be Palestinian suicide bombers are arrested at their apartment while planning to bomb New York subways". (This could possibly be fake News in an attempt to portray the Palestinians in a bad light?)

Some of these are more recent-- some people may remember them:

I definitely remeber this one-- because UNC is my alma Mater. (Go 'Heels!): "man drives vehicle into pedestrians at the University of North Carolina". Just a breif description, but this was not an attempt tby the Jewish media to blame the Palestinians! Because interestingly enough, he was neith a palestinian nor in fact any sort of Arab. (Rather, he was an Iranian exchange student!!!) I only list it here becuase we should discuss whether or not the motive was similar to some of the others here (?)

2006 gunman fires on women at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle. (I don't remeber that one. Motive unknown? Possibly Christian fundies attacking an abortion clinic?)

2009 1 guard killed (Stephen Johns) in shooting attack at the Holocaust Museum. (Radical Christian Followers of majorie Taylor Green?-- she likes the Holocaust

2009 Massacre at Ft Hood. This one a bit different-- especially Obama's strange charactyerization of the incident:

Fort Hood! Thirteen Army servicemen and servicewomen killed (Michael Cahill, Libardo Caraveo, Justin DeCrow, John Gaffaney, Frederick Greene, Jason Hunt, Amy Krueger, Aaron Nemelka, Michael Pearson, Russell Seager, Francheska Velez (pregnant), Juanita Warman, and Kham Xiong) and 43 injured in shooting attack at Soldier Readiness Center, Fort Hood, Texas.

The gunman, Nidal Malik Hasan, was shot and injured by two police officers; Hasan was an Army psychiatrist and had expressed indications of Islamic radicalization, and had come to the attention of the FBI in early 2009 for email exchanges with terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki; the FBI and DOD had dismissed concerns about the contacts and other indicators. From the time of the attack to the present (2015) the Obama administration has insisted on characterizing this incident as workplace violence rather than a terrorist attack, with the consequence of denying appropriate benefits to surviving victim servicemembers; under pressure from Congress the Army finally awarded Purple Hearts to injured survivors in April 2015, with some benefits possibly to follow.

Consequences: 13 killed, 44 injured

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2.3    3 years ago

2009: Soldier murdered , Little Rock,:

One Army private killed (William Long), second injured in shooting attack at Army Navy Career Center, Little Rock, Arkansas.

The gunman, who had changed his name from Carlos Bledsoe to Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, was arrested shortly afterwards 10 km away. Muhammad had been under investigation by the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force following an arrest in Yemen where he apparently became involved with Islamic radicals; he stated the act was an act of retaliation against the U.S. military, and the FBI issued a joint alert on 2 June based on Muhammad's internet searches mapping various Jewish, Christian, and U.S. Army sites.

Consequences: 1 killed, 1 injured

Also 2009: Yemeni terrorist attempts to detonate bomb on flight from Amsterdam to Detroit; bomb only ignites, and passengers and crew subdue the terrorist

May 2010:Another by Pakistanis: failed car bombing in Times Square by Pakistani terrorists Then in Oct 2010: 

Then also 2010: Pakistani-American arrested plotting bombing attack on Washington subway

And also: thwarted attempt to bomb multiple US-bound airliners with parcel bombs sent from Yemen

I imagine some people remember the Boston Msarathon Bombing....

2014 shooting attack killed 1 teenager

Also, Oklahome City: knife attack at food processing plant killed 1, injured 1; attacker was shot and injured

Also: axe attack on police officers injured 2, one severely; police shot and killed the attacker and injured one bystander

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2.4    3 years ago

More:

2015 Texas: Vattempted shooting attack at event involving art critical of Islam, one guard shot and injured, both attackers shot and killed by police officer serving as guard. Not sure of motive..?

2015 Tennessee: gunman killed 4 Marines and injures 1 Navy sailor (who died 18 Jul of injuries), 1 police officer, and 1 Marine, at two locations; gunman was shot and killed by police

2015, California: "A student stabbed two students, a staff member, and a construction worker at the University of California in Merced; the attacker was shot and killed by campus police.

The attacker, Faisal Mohammad, was carrying a printed ISIS flag and a handwritten manifesto with statements about beheading victims, statements to "praise Allah", and statements about revenge for being rejected from a study group.

I googled it-- motive listed as "unknown"

2015, San Bernadino: two attackers killed 14 and injured 21 at a county employee meeting and Christmas party; both attackers were killed hours later in a shootout with police in which 2 police officers were injured

2016 Philadelphia: 'gunman shot and injured a police officer; attacker was shot and injured

2016 Ohio: "attacker injured 4 in machete attack at a restaurant; attacker was shot and killed by police when he attacked police at the end of a car chase

2016 Orlando Nightclub.shooting (Anyone remeber thsat one?Made big headlines at the time, possibly because, IIRC, the victims were gay and for some unknown reason the perp didn't like gays

2016: attack described as "stabbing attack at apartment complex injured 2; attacker was injured and arrested". motive unknown: FBI investigating possible terrorism link in Roanoke knife attack.

IIRC, motive still s mystery. Details: "

ROANOKE Co., Va. (WSET) -- The FBI has launched an investigation after police say a 20-year-old stabbed a man and woman at a Roanoke apartment complex.

The incident happened outside an apartment complex on Saturday night in what police are describing as a 'random attack.'

The suspect is identified as Wasil Rafat Farooqui of Roanoke County.

According to police, witnesses said the attacker was yelling "Allahu Akbar," meaning "God is greatest," during the assault."

2016 Minnesota: "stabbing attack at shopping mall injured 10, including one 15-year-old girl; attacker was shot and killed by police". Sounds like an case of unknown motive?

2016 New York: "bombing on street in Manhattan injured 29; additional bombs were found at other locations in Manhattan and nearby New Jersey but were safely detonated or defused"

2016 Linden NJ: "two police officers injured in shootout with perpetrator of 17 Sep bombing in Manhattan; attacker was shot and injured

2016 Columbus Ohio: "vehicular attack on students at Ohio State University, after which the driver attacked people with a knife; attacker was shot and killed by police

2017 Ft Lauderdale:"shooting attack at Fort Lauderdale Airport; 5 killed, 6 injured; 12,000 people evacuated from airport

2017 " fatal shooting of Denver transit authority guard"

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2.5    3 years ago

2017 New York : "attacker drove vehicle into people on a bike path, killing 8 (including 5 Argentine citizens and 1 Belgian citizen), then drove into a school bus injuring 4 (including 2 children); attacker was shot and injured."

I remember that one well. While many of these were not prominent in the news, for some reason this one was for days.' (IIRC it may have been because it happened very close to Wall Street and after 911 some Wall St stock market bldg was high on the FBI's list of possible targets?

2017 Pennsylvania: "shooting attacks on police officers injures one; the attacker was shot and killed

2018 Palm beach: teenager fatally stabbed a 13-year-old and stabbed two others, including one other 13-year-old

2019 shooting attack by Saudi flight student in classroom at Pensacola Naval Air Station; attacker was shot and killed by police; other Saudi flight students were arrested, at least one of whom was recording the attack

2019 Pensacola: "shooting attack by Saudi flight student in classroom at Pensacola Naval Air Station; attacker was shot and killed by police; other Saudi flight students were arrested, at least one of whom was recording the attack

I probably missed a few. But at first glance all of these have something in common.

BUT-- is there a pattern???

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5    3 years ago

Yes!

(I never thought you'd ask!!! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif )

Good idea in fact.

Are the one I listed  random-- or is there a pattern? I've been following this for years BTW. 

So often on NT we discuss things without many participants knowing the actual facts-- it seems they just type the first thing that comes into their heads! (And of course we must respect all these people or else.. many more-- but I've only listed those that appear to be part of one particluar pattern-- a distinct pattern-- a pattern thaty the seeded article fits into!

{And, as usual, I expect there will be a few NTers here who, uncomfortable with the facts, will attempt to change the subject-- buy using the time honoured tactic of "WHADDABOUTISMS"!

So let the discussion begin hopefully-- and hopefully people will have enough self-control to discuss the facts, rather than engaging in personal attacks or derail via the ever popular  Whaddaboudisms!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.3.1  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @5.3    3 years ago

Read every one of them and disagree with none.

However, the landscape and the mechanisms have self altered into convenience as religion ( most of them ) has supplanted itself into glitz, perceived self persecution while willingly ushered into it's halls the specter of nothingness with the non-ideals bannered on a piece of cloth unartfully festooned with the letter Q.

Murders.  Mass murders.  Of course.  The Abrahamic Religions will never satiate themselves.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5.3.1    3 years ago
However, the landscape and the mechanisms have self altered into convenience as religion ( most of them ) has supplanted itself into glitz, perceived self persecution while willingly ushered into it's halls the specter of nothingness with the non-ideals bannered on a piece of cloth unartfully festooned with the letter Q.

That's the first comment I've read on NT that I don't fully understand..I'll have to read it again..

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.3.3  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @5.3.2    3 years ago

Well.  It's sort of like Trump's words about HealthCare, ya know.  "Who knew health care was so complicated?"  DJT.  Except it isn't.  It only depends on where the wealth ends up.  In actual care or Wall Street.

In simplistic terms, the conservative machine has altered every discussion into vacuuous oblivion so a significant minority is able to hold the reins for the majority.

Woke and all the rest, right? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5.3.1    3 years ago
The Abrahamic Religions will never satiate themselves.

Are you saying that you believe the Abrahamic Religions"are much worse than other religions?

Or perhaps they are worse that people who adhere to no religion?

IMO that seems to be a bit of an overgeneralization, to say the least, eh?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @5    3 years ago
And now this is us? 

Us?

And just who do you think is..."us"?

It ain't me, babe!

(It ain't me you're lookin' for babe).

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     3 years ago

If there is any light here I read in another article where some citizens helped Mr. Borgen.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @6    3 years ago
If there is any light here I read in another article where some citizens helped Mr. Borgen.

I'm not sure if any (or all) were citizens.

However this was not 1:1-- several people simultaneously attacked one guy.

Last I heard one of these assholes is in police custody, they are looking for four others.

There were several all ganging up on one gay, really beating him mercelessly. I saw a video of it-- its pretty frightening.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @6    3 years ago

If you want to know more, there's some good coverage here by  "NYC Scoop".

Included is a video that shows the brutality of the attack-- and the number of people who engaged in it.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7  MonsterMash    3 years ago

Notice how fast articles about hate crimes against Jewish people get dumped to near the bottom of the front page. Seems like within 30 minutes their no longer listed as a new article.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MonsterMash @7    3 years ago
Notice how fast articles about hate crimes against Jewish people get dumped to near the bottom of the front page. Seems like within 30 minutes their no longer listed as a new article.

Indeed!

(I suspect that NT's algorythms may be predominantly anti- Semantic!)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Krishna @7.1    3 years ago
(I suspect that NT's algorythms may be predominantly anti- Semantic!)

OK, that gave me a good laugh. It is an algorithm that is dependent on how new an article is and how much activity an article is getting. I do believe that the algorithm is agnostic. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    3 years ago

Guilty Feats, ain't got No Algorithms

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    3 years ago
I do believe that the algorithm is agnostic. 

Well if that's the case-- then some of olur more religious users may not be amused! 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Krishna @7.1.3    3 years ago

This is true. jrSmiley_122_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.2    3 years ago
Guilty Feats, ain't got No Algorithms

Dese Feats Jus' Cain't Stop Dancin'!

{Buzz: Its Swing City "I Wanna Be Like You"]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @7.1.5    3 years ago

thought George Michael WHAMed that one out...?

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.7  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.1.5    3 years ago

That 'felt' so good to my spirit. I think it broke up the suspense on this (sad) article!

You know something? I love to see "white people" -my brothers and sisters- let loose and show all that rhythm they have inherently inside! It's 'refreshing'!  It's a running 'joke' growing up in the 'black-sphere' that white people don't have rhythm. . . and then we see the 'footage' - it just blesses the soul!

Biggest Smile Ever!

(Going to watch this video again!)

Now I do have a question: Is this the song for this (movie/dance)? Or is the track overlayed. Because the track is "kickin'" every bit as hard as the dance!

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.8  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.1.5    3 years ago

Bring back our national nightlife! The young people need to dance and 'mingle' once again. Ode for the joy of it!

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @7.1.7    3 years ago
white people don't have rhythm

Its true-- White Folks can't dance!

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.10  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.1.9    3 years ago

Yes, I know. . . and then we see the footage. It's magnificent. Throughout the history of the world, there is dance. . . of all kinds, shapes, and 'fits'. . . how this 'telling' got started I comprehend, but boy it feels good to see the reality whether than the fractured 'myth.'

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @7.1.9    3 years ago
Its true-- White Folks can't dance!

And of course fat people can't dance!

The are other posts of the same video where you can see the audience better. One of the things I find fascinating about this vidoe is that while the performers are a Black-- the audience is all White (yes, every one of 'em).

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.12  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.1.11    3 years ago

Four saxaphones? Now is that what you call a "Sax band" and Little Richard is "precious and priceless" there!

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.13  CB  replied to  Krishna @7.1.9    3 years ago

I saw "Flashdance" at the movies and I soared with the star at that audition! (Cigarettes look so strange looking back - even to this former 18 year smoker!)

And, what that boy is doing in the "bottom" video @4:26 - ain't right. He does it 4x! LOL!  Uh-uh!

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.14  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @7.1.13    3 years ago
And, what that boy is doing in the "bottom" video @ 4 :26 - ain't right.

LOL! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @7    3 years ago

Embarrassment?  Didn't Biden say it was embarrassing for America?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.2    3 years ago
Embarrassment?  Didn't Biden say it was embarrassing for America?

Why-- we have terror attacks pretty frequently (I've listed a few in comments on this page).

I only listed those which seem to be part of one pattern-- and of course at this point the motive is still unknown.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

I was literally just in a fetal position, trying to guard my head and face,

I found that comment to be fascinating.

I wonder if he learned that, or it just came naturally?

I wonder if its a natural instinct to do that when lying on the ground and being kicked & beaten?

(I was actually trained to do that, but fortunately never had to use it. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png )

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8    3 years ago

You can say that again - oh, you did.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1    3 years ago
You can say that again - oh, you did.

I had extensive training in using the fetal position (by N.C.. CORE, also N.C. SNCC)-- but I never had to use it)

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2  Ronin2  replied to  Krishna @8    3 years ago

Take it from someone that was bullied as a kid by groups often; going into the fetal position is instinct. It also doesn't work if the bullies are determined enough. Four or five bullies and they can pull you out of the fetal position; and then really lay into you because you are grounded. Better to run and hope that they can't catch you- or fight back upright and pray for the opportunity to escape. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
9  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

I was literally just in a fetal position, trying to guard my head and face,

I found that comment to be fascinating.

I wonder if he learned that, or it just came naturally?

I wonder if its a natural instinct to do that when lying on the ground and being kicked & beaten?

(I was actually trained to do that, but fortunately never had to use it. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png )

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I note from the pale complexion of the perpetrator at the top of the page that he doesn't fit what is being said by white Americans, that it's the blacks who are doing it, not "us". 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago
he doesn't fit what is being said by white Americans, that it's the blacks who are doing it, not "us".

If by “us” you mean European white supremacists, he clearly doesn’t qualify. Based on his look, his name, and the details in the story, he is likely of Middle Eastern ancestry, and pro-Palestinian, so he doesn’t fit into the white supremacist group at all. Also the “blacks are doing it” was about attacks on Asians, and there is a lot of evidence out there to support that. 

I think a useful lesson to take from all this is that there is plenty of bigotry and hate to go around and white Europeans certainly have no special monopoly on it. People from all parts of the world hate lots of other people from all parts of the world. No group is immune to it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    3 years ago

Yep, there's more than enough hatred to go around - around the world and around the races and around the nations and around the political parties.  Maybe, contrary to the songs and poems, that's what REALLY makes the world go around.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    3 years ago
No group is immune to it.

True.

But some groups are much more immune than others!!!

(A few of which most people here probably never heard of).

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    3 years ago
the “blacks are doing it” was about attacks on Asians, and there is a lot of evidence out there to support that. 

And that is the sad commentary on Blacks 'doing it'! Those 'black molesters' play/wade right in to the midst of commentary about them (not us-NOT all blacks) "doing it." 

Black Americans, amongst all the people in the world, have a high sensitivity to being "jumped" on the streets! Why persecute others?! Such blacks who "do it" should know better and understand how it makes us look (bad and uncaring about our own condition/status/treatment in what people can say about. . .well, us)!

A sad state of affairs, indeed! When some blacks "do it" to Asians! I say leave innocent people alone-everywhere.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  CB @10.1.3    3 years ago
Black Americans, amongst all the people in the world, have a high sensitivity to being "jumped" on the streets! Why persecute others?!

I agree it can seem irrational. We could ask some of them who have done it, but unfortunately, they’re likely to tell us to go F ourselves. They probably aren’t interested in helping us psychoanalyze them.

One thing I have observed about human beings, though, is that those who have been victims of abuse or violence often inflict similar abuse or violence on others. Not because they’re intrinsically evil, but just that sometimes it’s all a person knows about how to interact with others.

If it were human nature to turn the other cheek, Jesus wouldn’t have had to teach it, and it wouldn’t have been considered controversial.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.5  CB  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.4    3 years ago
If it were human nature to turn the other cheek, Jesus wouldn’t have had to teach it, and it wouldn’t have been considered controversial.

Maybe they have lost someone to the virus. . . There is always two sides to every story: though, I don't know if I care to hear it when people are being beat down randomly. Especially, in those cases, where no words are exchanged! Just a 'bum-rush' and stomping. It is wrong and felonious.

I thank God that in my hedon days I was good enough to be reasonable to not take out my aggression on passerbys. I tell you what it reminds me of:

Knockout Game Violence Alarms Authorities

People need to grow the "H" up!

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.4    3 years ago
If it were human nature to turn the other cheek, Jesus wouldn’t have had to teach it,

Good point!

But then there are others, such as Anne Frank who was given a hard time by the Nazis, and one of her most famous quotes is:

It’s difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.1.1    3 years ago
that's what REALLY makes the world go around. 

Or... maybe its the combination of the two?

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @10.1.5    3 years ago

I remeber when the "Knockout Game" was in the news. But I don't think I've heard it the news fgor quite a while.

There seems to be a proliferations od guns lately-- so maybe the sleazoids who like violence figure that why do the Knockout Game? Why not"go the whole 9 yards" and just shoot a bunch of people?

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.9  CB  replied to  Krishna @10.1.8    3 years ago

That is 'next' level stupid! Guns, that is. I don't know why people think it is 'chic' to just attack old people, because old people have reasons to be 'packing'! They are attacked on the streets, disproportionately. Why do young and middle aged people want to go back to the 'period' not too long ago when an older person would take their 'heads' off? Why not let sleeping 'warriors' rest?

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    3 years ago
there is a lot of evidence out there to support that.

Links?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.11  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @10.1.10    3 years ago

Here  and  here   and  here  and  here  and    here.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.2  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

The alt right support Palestinians. Please. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @10.2    3 years ago

What difference does it make?  Antisemites come in all shapes, sizes, colours, religions, races. nationalities, genders, sexual preferences, ages, locations......  What's to be gained by trying to narrow it down to THESE people or THOSE people, or "It isn't us, it's those other guys...". What is identifiable, what is consistent, is the Jewish victims.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @10.2    3 years ago
Please.

Thank you.

You're Welcome!

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.2.1    3 years ago
Antisemites

What makes you think he is an anti-Semite?

After all, he may be pissed at his boss, and was on his way to an act of "workplace violence"?

Or maybe, your basic "Jilted Lover"?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @10.2.3    3 years ago

I'm amused that there was a comment above that he was probably from the Middle East, because, after all, Americans don't do things like that.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @10.2    3 years ago
The alt right support Palestinians. Please

Well, OK then-- I suppose David Duke is not "alt-right"?

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.2.4    3 years ago
Americans don't do things like that.

LOL!

Of course many do.

And anyway we do have people fromthe Middle East here-- and in many cases bring their cultural values with them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago
I note from the pale complexion of the perpetrator at the top of the page that he doesn't fit what is being said by white Americans, that it's the blacks who are doing it, not "us". 

Long ago people thought there were 3 distinct "races": White, Black, Yellow. But then they couldn't place American Indians intothat system. And there were a few others.

Then some people tried to invent a new "race"-- the "Brown Race"> From what I;ve heard, its usually an attempt by "Whites" to attain victimhood status!

The old theories of race don't hold...

And BTW< in attempts to achieve the coveted "Victimhood status"-- some Arabs have attempted to do this by claiming they are "Brown"-- while Israelis are "White" (and are therefore evil) while  the Arabs are "Brown" -- which is almost "Black"-- so therefore the Arabs have a legitimate right to eternal victimhood.

All of which is total horseshit!

(In the old [discredited] system, both Jews and Arabs would be considered White...as if it actually mattered)..

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10.3    3 years ago

Genetics has made incredible progress in recent years. And-- one of the things they discovered is that Jews and Arabs have a single common ancestor! In other words, if you believe in race-- Jews and Arabs are the same race!

But of course that notion upsets racists (bigots) in both groups.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @10.3    3 years ago

The division into 3 races (Caucasian, Negroid, Mongolian) was what my university Sociology course taught back in the late 1950s, "Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.3.2    3 years ago

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

OTOH:

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Actually what I find fascinating about that is the implication that MacBeth apparently knew Donald Trump!
(Reincarnation, anyone?)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

The one they did catch is going to love all the extra years in prison for a hate crime enhancement.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12    3 years ago

A second man has now been arrested.

CB
Professor Principal
13  CB    3 years ago

Israel and Palestine (in the Holy Land) uniquely sits at the focal point of three world-class religions: (For the love of G-d):

Why is the "Holy Land" not the best model and example of agreement and compromise (peace) for the world to behold?

I am jump going to jump in with both feet with my latest frustration. Y'all can agree, question, 'tear into my underbelly' as appropriate, or aid me in understanding (I promise I can take it and 'grow' thereby - smile). Oh, you can ignore me too (if you wish).

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @13    3 years ago
Why is the "Holy Land" not the best model and example of agreement and compromise (peace) for the world to behold?

Well for starters, while it may be holy to 3 religions--- everyone there is not religious. And people are human (well, with a few exceptions such as Donald Trump!)

So why should people who happen to live there follow the teachings of their religions teachings any more than people living any where else do?

For instance, I've know a few American Christians whose lives don't exactly mesh with what Jesus taught. So-- why should every Christian who happens to live in some place in the Middle east be any different?

But them, you already knew that!

(Or...did you?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @13.1    3 years ago
exceptions such as Donald Trump!)

OK, I confess-- that was a cheap shot. I was just trying to get the comment voted up by "progressives" here. 

Which is easy to do in a discussion on any Social Media site.

Just make any comment, no matter how stupid, bashing any political figure-- and the automatons with strong political views will automatically vote it up.

(Which is why most of the comments really aren't discussions, but rather a contest to see who can keep posting negative (or positive) comments about a politican (& no matter how stupid..or devoid of any meaning content the comment is, it will get voted up!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @13.1.1    3 years ago
Which is why most of the comments really aren't discussions, but rather a contest to see who can keep posting negative (or positive) comments about a politican (& no matter how stupid..or devoid of any meaning content the comment is, it will get voted up!)

Not that there's anything wrong with that...(But being somewhat of an outlier, I often start getting bored with that...silly me!jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif )

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.3  CB  replied to  Krishna @13.1    3 years ago

Are we talking about individuals or governmental systems, K'? Leadership, symbols, and at least three religion heritages.

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.4  CB  replied to  Krishna @13.1.1    3 years ago

No, Donald Trump is not top of mind with me on this subject. Israel and Palestine have a 'perpetual problem' and it's picking a "hellacious" time to rear to life again. We have some really gnarly problems in our world today! Sometimes I, we, need the Middle East to not be the center of the known universe. If only till we get some matters straightened out!

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @13.1.4    3 years ago

Israel and Palestine have a 'perpetual problem

But why?

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.6  CB  replied to  Krishna @13.1.5    3 years ago

Is it because Palestine wants Israel to wholly move to say, Alaska? So as to be nearer the United States? Or, does Israel wish to be our 51st state? Okay, I'm serious about the former, and being strictly comedic about the latter. (Chuckles.)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  CB @13.1.4    3 years ago

The sooner we move away from oil as our primary source of fuel the better. Then we can finally start paying a lot less attention to the region and letting them know what we really think. 

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.8  CB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.1.7    3 years ago

To be clear, I do not fully understand these quarrels that are day to day Israel-Palestine. I just wish they understood how their perpetual disagreements and lack of compromise has impacted our presidents—past and present. Sometimes these break-ups in the Middle East are outright inopportune for our nation. We are better serve to just have a moment to fix our own 'house' before attempting to tackle Israel-Palestine once-yet again. That's my honest opinion.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

I really do not think I will ever understand anti-semitism. Granted their religion is stupid, but it is no dumber than any of the others. The only explanation I can find is that it is a way for people to blame someone else for their problems rather than owning up and taking responsibility for where they are in life.