╌>

YET MORE GUN VIOLENCE: (Boulder King Soopers Shooting Suspect, Now Faces 115 Charges!)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  20 comments

By:   Danielle Chavira

YET MORE GUN VIOLENCE: (Boulder King Soopers Shooting Suspect, Now Faces 115 Charges!)
The suspect accused of shooting and killing 10 people inside a King Soopers in Boulder faces new charges. The 20th Judicial District Attorney’s Office says the new charges include 13 attempted murder charges and 47 crime of violence sentence enhancers.

America's plague of gun violence continues 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

xxx512

Authorities on Tuesday identified 21-year-old Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa of Boulder Colorado as the "Supermarket Shooter'" (Photo: Newsweek)

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – The suspect accused of shooting and killing 10 people inside a King Soopers in Boulder faces new charges. The 20th Judicial District Attorney’s Office says the new charges include 13 attempted murder charges.

Ten of those charges are murder in the first degree, one count for each victim: 20-year-old Denny Stong; 23-year-old Neven Stanisic; 25-year-old Rikki Olds; 49-year-old Tralona Bartkowiak; 51-year-old Teri Leiker; 51-year-old Eric Talley; 59-year-old Suzanne Fountain; 61-year-old Kevin Mahoney; 62-year-old Lynn Murray; and 65-year-old Jody Waters.

The suspect, who is expected in court on Tuesday, faces a total of 47 attempted murder charges which include counts for 15 civilians and 11 law enforcement personnel.

Police responded to the grocery store on Table Mesa Drive on March 22 for reports of an active shooter. They were met with gunfire, and the first officer to enter the building, Eric Talley, died at the scene.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

The suspect accused of shooting and killing 10 people  inside a King Soopers in Boulder  faces new charges. The 20th Judicial District Attorney’s Office says the new charges include 13 attempted murder charges.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Ten people murdered?
It seems like almost every day when I look at the news there's yet another incidence of gun violence.

WTF is wrong with this country???

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago

Sounds like a typical night in Detroit.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @2.1    3 years ago

Sounds like a typical night in Detroit.

While Detroit might be the worst, what I find scary is that it seems to be happening more and more in other places as well. jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.1.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    3 years ago

I think Chicago took the lead last year. I don't believe Detroit or Flint are in the top three anymore. Now I must go look.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.1.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    3 years ago

Holy crap! Check out the list:

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @2.1.2    3 years ago
I think Chicago took the lead last year.

And what about CALIFORNIA???

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @2.1.4    3 years ago

We just had one yesterday in San Jose, eight dead.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @2.1.4    3 years ago

Why would you compare a state to a city?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago
Ten people murdered?

And so far, apparently, strangely enough the motive is unknown (?)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago
"It seems like almost every day when I look at the news there's yet another incidence of gun violence."

270 mass shootings in the first 146 days of 2021, and that's just MASS shootings - with ordinary shootings - i.e. less numbers dead or injured, the figures are astronomical.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

The story gets curiouser and curiouser-- just found this (don't know if its true through):

Kamala Harris' controversial niece Meena deletes tweet assuming Boulder gunman was white.

Meena Harris deleted her tweet on Tuesday after police revealed 21-year-old gunman Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa is of Syrian descendant

Making assumptions without evidence to back them up is never a good idea...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4    3 years ago
The story gets curiouser and curiouser-- just found this (don't know if its true through):

Kamala Harris' controversial niece Meena deletes tweet assuming Boulder gunman was white.

Meena Harris deleted her tweet on Tuesday after police revealed 21-year-old gunman Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa is of Syrian descendant

So he wasn't White, but rather he was Syrian?

Stupid on so many levels...

(Not the least of which is the fact that Syrians are White!!!)

What a total maroon this rascist woman is!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

This one is even more of a shocker to me!

Detroit isn't even on this list!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    3 years ago

Detroit isn't even on this list!!!

I would imagine that means one of two things:

1. Either Detroit is every bit as violent as you think-- but there are actually quite a few  cities that are even worse?

OR

2. For some reason that list is inaccurate?

(And contrary the time honoured traditions of social media,  I'm not familiar enough with the situation to offer an opinion so I won't pontificate endlessly on this subject)

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago

Not inaccurate per se. It's a per capita measurement. Quantity of murders / number of people for an average... as pointed out below by Ronin2, the quantity shows Detroit at #4. However, that is still a drop from the top 3 that Detroit was for several years.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
5.2  Transyferous Rex  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    3 years ago

Saw a story a while back on Detroit's Police Chief. Obviously, you can't get everything from one story, but the theme was essentially that he was taking a good hard stand against crime. Could be that Detroit's absence is a result of his refusal to stand by and watch.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

2021 so far -

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6    3 years ago

There is a difference between murder rate and total number of murders. Places with lower populations can have a higher murder rate if just a few people are killed.

I also think sites calculate the numbers differently. Detroit definitely made this one coming in at #4

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1    3 years ago
There is a difference between murder rate and total number of murders. Places with lower populations can have a higher murder rate if just a few people are killed. I also think sites calculate the numbers differently. Detroit definitely made this one coming in at #4

Yes, I noticed that too. I hadn't noticed that until after I posted the first link and then I simply decided to use the same source.