╌>

Newly-resurfaced video shows Marjorie Taylor Greene saying she would oppose removing statues of Hitler and Satan so she could teach people 'what they did'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  23 comments

By:   mjankowicz@businessinsider.com (Mia Jankowicz) 14 hrs ago (MSN)

Newly-resurfaced video shows Marjorie Taylor Greene saying she  would oppose removing statues of Hitler and Satan so she could teach people 'what they did'
The 2020 video shows Greene saying she'd defend statues of people she disagreed with, in order to preserve lessons of history.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• 2020 video shows Greene telling a city council meeting she wouldn't remove statues of Hitler or Satan.
  • She said statues should remain to preserve history's lessons, even if she disagreed with them.
  • It comes soon after she made a comparison between vaccine protocols and Nazis' treatment of Jews.
  • See more stories on Insider's business page.

A newly-resurfaced video shows GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene saying she would defend statues of Hitler or "Satan himself" on the grounds of preserving history and its lessons.

Greene made the comments at a meeting of Dalton City Council, Georgia, last June days after she finished first in her GOP primary and was poised to win the race.

The city was debating the fate of a statue of the Confederate general Joseph Johnston following racial-justice protests and the murder of George Floyd, as WRCBTV reported at the time.

"Whether I see a statue that may be something that I would fully disagree with, like Adolf Hitler, maybe a statue of Satan himself, I would not want to say, 'take it down,'" she told the committee.

"It's so that I could tell my children and teach others about who these people are, what they did and what they may be about."

She said that she wanted to be able to tell her children about "lessons in our country, whether they're good, bad, embarrassing."

The statue of Johnston was eventually relocated, WRCBTV reported.

Greene did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on the resurfaced video.

The renewed attention came after Greene compared COVID-19 protocols to the treatment of Jewish people in Nazi Germany, prompting condemnation from figures from GOP House leaders to the Auschwitz Museum.

Greene had been commenting on a Tennessee grocery store that is allowing employees to go without a mask if they wear a badge with a logo indicating they had been vaccinated. She tweeted in response: "Vaccinated employees get a vaccination logo just like the Nazi's [sic] forced Jewish people to wear a gold star."

She later doubled down on the observation, saying she only meant discrimination against Jews "in the early Nazi years" and not during the Holocaust.

Greene has frequently caused outrage since she was elected to Congress last year. In February, she was stripped of her committee assignments after it emerged that she had publicly endorsed political violence in the past.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I'm not going to say she's dumber than Louie Gohmert but I'd hate to have to live on the difference. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

It's okay JR. It's best to let her remain as the face of the GQP.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

So...  She's all good with this guy?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.NTuyFFXeI1XHJ0m5pSIaYgHaLH%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    3 years ago

I really do think she would crap her knickers if she saw that. She says she would be ok with a Satan statue, but I don't believe her.

Even tho this isn't Satan. It's Baphomet

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.1    3 years ago

i wanna party with this bitch...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.2    3 years ago

No, you don't. You're too good for her

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.4  SteevieGee  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.1    3 years ago

I love how the children are looking up adoringly at him.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I know what Hitler did, but for some reason I'm not too sure about what Satan did.  I suppose Greene could educate us on that. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1  Gordy327  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    3 years ago
I'm not too sure about what Satan did. 

Neither am I. I have asked before what precisely Satan has done, especially compared to the evil god has done, but never got a meaningful reply.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1    3 years ago

When I tell someone to bite me...Satan made me do it

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 years ago

The classic excuse.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 years ago
Satan made me do it

LMAO ( damn im going to show my age ) Shades of flip wilsons geraldine , "the debil made me do it ".

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.1.3    3 years ago

I was thinking of Geraldine when I wrote that comment

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.1.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.4    3 years ago

thanx for the morning chuckle and a old memory, try to get at least one of both a day .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.1.5    3 years ago

You're welcome!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Recycling clickbait stories from last year as news? You are better than this

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 years ago
Recycling clickbait stories from last year as news? You are better than this

The seeded article appeared on Microsoft News on May 26, 2021. 

Even a cursory reading of the article indicates it was not written last year. 

Greene had been commenting on a Tennessee grocery store that is allowing employees to go without a mask if they wear a badge with a logo indicating they had been vaccinated. She tweeted in response: "Vaccinated employees get a vaccination logo just like the Nazi's [sic] forced Jewish people to wear a gold star."

She later doubled down on the observation, saying she only meant discrimination against Jews "in the early Nazi years" and not during the Holocaust.

Greene has frequently caused outrage since she was elected to Congress last year. In February, she was stripped of her committee assignments after it emerged that she had publicly endorsed political violence in the past.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

From the article " Greene made the comments at a meeting of Dalton City Council, Georgia, last June days after she finished first in her GOP primary and  was poised to win the race ."

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

it will be “new” again in 2022....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.1    3 years ago

The seeded article is from yesterday. 

Sometimes past statements by people in the news are brought up at a later date. You might say it happens all the time.  

But, do you think Greene has changed her mind since she made the comments last year? It wouldnt seem so from some of her recent comments. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.2    3 years ago

whatever

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.2    3 years ago

But...  Obama.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    3 years ago

She is a moron.

Statues are for HONORING people, books are for EDUCATING people. 

Someone should have asked her, "How many statues if Hitler are there in Germany?"

Answer?

ZERO. 

She gets dumber by the minute.