╌>

Border Patrol agents in Texas find more than 150 illegal immigrants in two human smuggling attempts

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Dom Calicchio (Fox News)

Border Patrol agents in Texas find more than 150 illegal immigrants in two human smuggling attempts
More than 150 illegal immigrants were taken into custody in Texas in a 24-hour period over weekend following two alleged human smuggling attempts, authorities said Tuesday.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

More than 150 illegal immigrants were taken into custody in Texas in a 24-hour period over weekend following two alleged human smuggling attempts, authorities said Tuesday.

Both incidents happened near the U.S.-Mexico border town of Laredo, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the Border Patrol.

In the first incident, shortly after midnight last Friday, more than 50 illegal immigrants were found riding inside a gas tanker that was being pulled by a tractor-trailer in Texas, according to reports.

The alleged human smuggling attempt was thwarted at an inspection checkpoint along Highway 83 near Laredo after a Border Patrol canine detected something amiss, CBP said in a statement.

The occupants of the gas tanker were all Mexican nationals while the driver was a U.S. citizen, according to the agency. All were taken into custody.

Alleged illegal immigrants are seen outside a gas tanker near Laredo, Texas, on Friday after Border Patrol agents thwarted a human smuggling operation, authorities say. (Customs and Border Protection)

The second incident occurred a few hours later, after a tractor-trailer approached a checkpoint along Interstate 35, the CBP said.

The driver allegedly disregarded a Border Patrol agent's instructions to approach a second inspection area, so agents chased the vehicle, pulled it over and found more than 100 illegal immigrants riding inside, according to CBP.

The suspects were from several countries, including Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic, authorities said.

Again, the driver was a U.S. citizen and all were taken into custody.

CBP advised that anyone with information about human smuggling in the Laredo area should call 1-800-343-1994.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

The legendary Laredo, now just another stop along the cartel's human smuggling route.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

This is just the tip of the iceberg. What the MSM won't tell the general public is that are just as many if not more get across that do not get caught! That is certainly the case in my neck of the border in Cochise County in the SE corner of the AZ/New Mexico/Mexico border.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    3 years ago

Do you think a lot of MS-13 is getting through?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2    3 years ago

Of course!

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2    3 years ago

I don't know if one could say a lot are slipping by. I am sure some are. I know the local media posts photos of some with known criminal records that are apprehended. The multiple distinctive facial tattoos are pretty much a giveaway that they are MS 13 members.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.2    3 years ago

How many covid infected do you think are slipping by?

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.2.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    3 years ago

I'm guessing millions but then I'm a 'libtard' so it must be billions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.2.4    3 years ago

Hoe many young children will die out there?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.6    3 years ago

Obviously more than Joe Biden

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.2.8  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    3 years ago

Trillions

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.2.8    3 years ago

I don't think we should be joking about that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.7    3 years ago

Obviously not.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.2.11  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.9    3 years ago

I'm not joking, I'm being snarky ... it happens every time I channel surf and land on Tucker. I'll try to be to be good by noon.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.2.11    3 years ago

Ok, get back on the wagon.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    3 years ago

Unfortunately, there is just no way to know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.13    3 years ago

The unknown is damning, isn't it?  Perhaps we shouldn't have elected Joe Biden?

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    3 years ago

As long as the free food is out feral cats will keep coming

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @3    3 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif