╌>

Accused Capitol rioter who yelled at police for 'protecting pedophiles' served jail time for statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl, report says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   Joshua Zitser

Accused Capitol rioter who yelled at police for 'protecting pedophiles' served jail time for statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl, report says
During the Capitol riot, Sean McHugh used a megaphone to accuse police officers of "protecting pedophiles."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sean McHugh, right, is pictured with a megaphone at the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021.   United States District Court for the District of Columbia

• During the Capitol riot, Sean McHugh used a megaphone to accuse police officers of "protecting pedophiles."
  • McHugh served jailed time for the statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl in 2010.
  • He is charged with eight federal crimes relating to the deadly insurrection.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Footage obtained by the Metropolitan Police Department reveals that Sean McHugh used a megaphone at the Capitol riot to heckle police officers. "You guys like protecting pedophiles?" he said, according to federal prosecutors.

Yet, ironically, McHugh was convicted in 2010 on a California state charge of unlawful sex with a minor.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1    3 years ago
Footage obtained by the Metropolitan Police Department reveals that Sean McHugh used a megaphone at the Capitol riot to heckle police officers. "You guys like protecting pedophiles?" he said, according to federal prosecutors. Yet, ironically, McHugh was convicted in 2010 on a California state charge of unlawful sex with a minor.

A classic case of "Do as I say...not as I do!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

He was sentenced to 240 days in jail and four years of probation for the statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl when he was 23, former prosecutor Todd Kuhnen told the media outlet. McHugh pleaded no contest to the charge, Kuhnen said.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Hopefully, he'll get more than 240 days in jail for the insurrection. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago
Hopefully, he'll get more than 240 days in jail for the insurrection. 

I was looking for a trend in the sentencing of these law-breakers.

Actually, it seems that in many cases, justice is not "blind!"

Often the degree of punitive actions seems to depend more on the political biases of the judge trying the case (Trump supporters tend to be very lax...often they seem to feel that since these people were ardent Trump supporters, whatever they did was not a serious crime!)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

My father had a saying.

When you point a finger at someone, 3 more are pointed back at yourself.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    3 years ago
My father had a saying. When you point a finger at someone, 3 more are pointed back at yourself.

I never heard that one before-- but very apt!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1    3 years ago
My father had a saying. When you point a finger at someone, 3 more are pointed back at yourself.
I never heard that one before-- but very apt!

I like it. 

I've heard several others expressing the same or similar sentiments.

Perhaps the most common is:

What goes around comes around.

Another I learned long ago (but isn't widely known) was:

What you send out comes back.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1.1    3 years ago
Another I learned long ago (but isn't widely known) was: What you send out comes back.

Or, even more similar to the one mentioned:

What you send out comes back, multiplied!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @4.1    3 years ago

My father had a saying for just about every occasion.  When I was young, it drove me crazy.  As an adult I finally understood his wisdom.  RIP dad.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.3    3 years ago
My father had a saying for just about every occasion.  When I was young, it drove me crazy.  As an adult I finally understood his wisdom.  RIP dad.

i believe I may be guilty of the same thing! jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

(I am also a collector of "wise old sayings"-- I believe that for every occasion.. there's a saying for that! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png )

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    3 years ago

He sounds like another typical right wing Republican psychologically disordered personality type.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @5    3 years ago
He sounds like another typical right wing Republican psychologically disordered personality type.

Indeed.

And while most of the media coverage we see about these dangerous lunatics is about events in America-- apparently Europe has its own version of MAGA-crazies! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

I just seeded this:

Belgium's Top COVID-19 Scientist Is Being Hunted By A Far-Right Sniper

For nearly three weeks Belgium's leading virologist has been living in a safehouse with his wife and 12-year-old son, guarded by security agents.

While scientists across the world have come under attack throughout the pandemic, the threat to Prof Marc Van Ranst is more serious than most.

He has been targeted by a far-right rogue soldier, Jürgen Conings, who has a vendetta for virologists and Covid lockdowns. The military shooting instructor went on the run with rocket launcher and a machine gun, and Belgian police cannot find him. ( READ IT ALL).

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @5    3 years ago

Yes.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @5    3 years ago

yes.

And the problem is that..there are still so many of them!

Hallux
Masters Principal
6  Hallux    3 years ago

Donald's fan club is a muddle of morons.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hallux @6    3 years ago

True dat!