╌>

Cotton calls on Biden to 'publicly condemn critical race theory' after admin promotes radical group

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  29 comments

By:   Jessica Chasmar (Fox News)

Cotton calls on Biden to 'publicly condemn critical race theory' after admin promotes radical group
Sen. Tom Cotton called on President Biden to publicly denounce critical race theory after administration blamed an "error" for promoting a handbook that calls on educators to "disrupt Whiteness."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

House Freedom Caucus member Byron Donalds, R-Fla., discusses the Biden administration pushing critical race theory on 'America's Newsroom.'

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., on Wednesday called on President Biden to publicly denounce critical race theory after the administration blamed an "error" for promoting a radical activist group's handbook that calls on educators to "disrupt Whiteness."

"President Biden has supported Critical Race Theory since he took office—no one believes this was an honest mistake," the senator said in a statement to Fox News.

"If the Biden administration doesn't support this sort of radical racist ideology, it should publicly condemn Critical Race Theory and stop it from being promoted in the federal government," he added.

Cotton's comments come after the Department of Education (DOE) linked to the Abolitionist Teaching Network's "Guide for Racial Justice & Abolitionist Social and Emotional Learning" in its handbook intended as a "roadmap" for schools to reopen safely during the coronavirus pandemic.

The group's guide claims that social and emotional learning (SEL) "can be a covert form of policing used to punish, criminalize, and control Black, Brown, and Indigenous children and communities to adhere to White norms," and that "[m]ost SEL standards are rooted in Eurocentric norms, not to empower, love, affirm, or free Black, Brown, or Indigenous children."

The guide also calls on educators to "disrupt Whiteness" and "[r]emove all punitive or disciplinary practices that spirit murder Black, Brown, and Indigenous children."

While the Abolitionist Teaching Network, co-founded last year by author and professor Bettina Love, does not explicitly mention critical race theory in its guide promoted by the Biden administration, the idea that racism is not aberrational and that America's institutions are inherently racist are commonly held tenets of the theory.

DOE issued a statement Wednesday distancing itself from the group, blaming an "error" for the guide's inclusion in its handbook.

"The Department does not endorse the recommendations of this group, nor do they reflect our policy positions," the statement read. "It was an error in a lengthy document to include this citation."

Cotton introduced a bill last week called the Stop CRT Act, which seeks to bar taxpayer money from being sent to K-12 schools that promote critical race theory.

"It's not defensible to say that America is systemically racist - that we should treat people differently because of the color of their skin," he told "The Story with Martha MacCallum" Wednesday. "That's exactly what Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement advocated against."

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Biden says it was all a mistake!

Can you imagine they had a handbook to disrupt Whiteness?

OIP.PoY_yGtyTNY8qaHrMqLAcAHaE8?w=279&h=186&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7
Bettina Love (racist)

To all the suburban moms who voted for Biden: This is just a part of what you voted for!

Shame!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
disrupt Whiteness

What does that mean?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    3 years ago

Most likely it means to remind white teachers that they are born racist!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago

Talk about identity politics. Conservative Republicans are misrepresenting what CRT is and then using it as a wedge issue to get support from their ignorant base of voters who actually believe their bullshit. Sad.

To all the suburban moms who voted for Biden: This is just a part of what you voted for!

And they couldn't be happier because they don't buy the manufactured bullshit from idiot Republicans.

Oh, and I love how you label someone a racist after spending the last few years whining and claiming liberals have no right to label others as racists.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    3 years ago
Talk about identity politics. Conservative Republicans are misrepresenting what CRT is

Oh yes, tell us again, it's the simple teaching of slavery./s

And they couldn't be happier 

I doubt that, especially after the Teacher's Union told Biden to keep the kids out of school for 6 months.

Oh, and I love how you label someone a racist after spending the last few years whining and claiming liberals have no right to label others as racists.

It's called Karma!

Hallux
PhD Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

'America's Newsroom.' ... Kinda pompous of FOX.

Back to Senator Cotton ... what's he willing to trade for the 'apology'?

BTW Tom, MLK is not a baton in a race.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    3 years ago

Can't Arkansas do better than Tom Effin Cotton?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

DOE issued a statement Wednesday distancing itself from the group, blaming an "error" for the guide's inclusion in its handbook.

The only "error" was getting caught. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago
The guide also calls on educators to "disrupt Whiteness" and "[r]emove all punitive or disciplinary practices that spirit murder Black, Brown, and Indigenous children."

I confess I don’t understand what any of that means.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago

They don't either.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago

They don't want discipline to discourage kids of color or "spirit murder" (make them feel bad) or in other words, break their spirit and make them think they are being singled out.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2    3 years ago

Well, that's interesting, because when I was growing up, teachers and administrators were not the least bit shy about trying to murder my spirit. My skin color didn't seem to be relevant.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    3 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 years ago

No pictures from the modern era???

So, this is the history you can't get out of your head?  Again, what do you want to do about it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago

Do about what? Race mixing?  Can't say it bothers me. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago

Picture from 1954 and CRT is right there. LOL

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    3 years ago
Do about what? Race mixing? 

Where did that come from John?   Are you trying to skirt the code?   Be a man and speak up. What do you mean by inserting race mixing?

Can't say it bothers me.

Obviously you are consumed by it!

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.2    3 years ago

Everything can be doctored and those who can are going to fvck us all up.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

If a picture from 1954 contains something that originated in 1980 I would say that was , uh, satire .

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hallux @8.1.4    3 years ago

If you're referring to the picture, I know it's doctored. I googled it and found the actual and knew someone was trying to "fvck us up" LOL

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.3    3 years ago

I didnt insert race mixing. That is a historical photo . I did change two of the signs to have them read CRT and critical race theory. Its called satire and making fun of racists. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.5    3 years ago

What it means John, is that you have to go back 70 years to give us an example of "racism!"

Don't look now but you just gave us more evidence that America is NOT a racist country!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.6    3 years ago

I thought everyone knew critical race theory wasnt around in the 50's or 60's. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.9    3 years ago

I knew it was doctored thus the "LOL" in my original comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.8    3 years ago
What it means John, is that you have to go back 70 years to give us an example of "racism!"

hilarious

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.10    3 years ago

ok

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 years ago

I find it interesting that back in 1954 racists thought that "race mixing is communism" and in 2021 racists think "critical race theory is communism." 

Just say "communism , communism, communism" , thats the ticket. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    3 years ago

You heard of the boy who cried wolf?  Eventually there was a wolf.