╌>

Trump wrote to Georgia's secretary of state asking him to consider 'decertifying' the 2020 election result

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   YahooNews

Trump wrote to Georgia's secretary of state asking him to consider 'decertifying' the 2020 election result
The letter from Donald Trump to Brad Raffensperger came the day before a pro-Capitol-riot rally was set to take place in Washington, DC.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Alia Shoaib September 18, 2021, 5:12 AM·2 min read In this article:

• Donald Trump45th President of the United States
  • Brad RaffenspergerAmerican politician (1955-)

Getty Images (L), AP (R)

• Donald Trump wrote to Georgia's secretary of state again making baseless claims about voter fraud.

• Trump asked Brad Raffensperger to consider "decertifying" the 2020 election result in Georgia.

• The letter came the day before a pro-Capitol-riot rally was due to take place in Washington, DC..

Former President Donald Trump on Friday sent a letter to Georgia's secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, asking him to consider "decertifying" Trump's 2020 election defeat.

The letter, which was posted to Twitter by a Trump spokeswoman, Liz Harrington, claims to have enclosed evidence of "large scale Voter Fraud" in Georgia.

-Liz Harrington (@realLizUSA) September 17, 2021

Trump refers to 43,000 absentee ballots that he claimed violated the chain-of-custody rules.

Scroll to continue with contentAd

"I would respectfully request that your department check this and, if true, along with many other claims of voter fraud and voter irregularities, start the process of decertifying the election, or whatever the correct legal remedy is, and announce the true winner," the letter says.

Since losing the 2020 election, Trump has repeated unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter and election fraud.

Joe Biden won Georgia by a little more than 12,000 votes out of nearly 5 million votes cast.

The state has undertaken recounts and audits, and each has confirmed Biden's win.

Raffensperger, a Republican, previously said "there is no doubt" Biden won in the state.

In his letter to Raffensperger, Trump said, "People do not understand why you and Governor Brian Kemp adamantly refuse to acknowledge the now proven facts."

None of the legal challenges to the 2020 election have been held up in court, and the Justice Department said it found no evidence of widespread fraud.

In February, Georgia prosecutors launched a criminal investigation into Trump over his attempts to pressure officials in Georgia to invalidate his loss in the state.

The letter from Trump came the day before a pro-Capitol-riot rally was due to take place in Washington, DC.

The rally is meant to support those charged with crimes relating to the January 6 insurrection, when Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in an attempt to stop Biden's election victory from being certified.

Trump this week referred to the people charged with crimes over the riot as "political prisoners."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Please note that this is not an old story. Trump is still demanding that Georgia declare him winner...

He wrote the Secretary of State about it last week.

In the middle of September '21. He must be insane.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

And someone posted an article saying that it was Biden who was mentally unstable.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif Donald J. Trump, the old 'fart,' is still imagining himself "In-Charge."  His "people" still call him, "Sir" and "Mr. President" in and out of company.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    3 years ago

He is insane! And I am outraged that his 'syncos' are allowed to harass public officials like this! This nation is showing shades of its disgusting old self again! That is, if you can't beat 'em lawfully - ignore, dismiss, or simply rewrite the laws in favor of WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE and pretend to not comprehend the offense(s)!

These are similar 'forces' that complain and rail against Critical Race Theory as they vainly attempt to white-wash past reality out of today's children minds-even as they write a brand new addendum in the present by self-deluding themselves into thinking they and their children can just rehash the 'by-gones' all over again.

This time the whole world sees with 21st century 'sight' the make-up and turning of the conservative mind!  RINO Conservatives, like Donald Trump, y'all ain't even a good 'pile.'

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
3.1  TOM PA  replied to  CB @3    3 years ago

Heard from a "talking head" lawyer on TV:  "If you cannot pound the facts, pound the law.  If you cannot pound the law, pound the facts.  If you cannot pound the facts or the law, pound the table."  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  TOM PA @3.1    3 years ago

Can take that several ways; please elaborate. . . .

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
3.1.2  TOM PA  replied to  CB @3.1.1    3 years ago

What "facts" does he have?  None.  What law can he present in a court?  None.  All Mr. Trump has is his voice and that won't mean a thing.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  CB  replied to  TOM PA @3.1.2    3 years ago

I agree. However, you are familiar with the phrase "Crazy like a fox"? Donald Trump is that 'dirty dog' that goes out and viciously bites and attacks people under the pretext of being "a menacing 'guard dog'."  So, the 'smart dog' needs to corral the 'menace' and flip him on his back!

Where are the charges that are supposed to stick to Donald Trump at? When are they coming down? I hope not after 2022 election, because nothing is going to happen if the democrats can't be in control of the 'purses' and guardians of rules of law!!!

Donald Trump is that tireless old 'polluter' who farts out in the brush of America hoping to call all those with a nose for the 'scent' to take a deep—even deeper sniff of  his bull patty and gather around his rallies so he can claim a greater 'following" than that other guy or gal.

You do not play with a "fox-dog" you grind it into political powder and then you disseminate the powder to Osama Bin Laden's 'whereabouts on our beautiful planet.

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
3.1.4  TOM PA  replied to  CB @3.1.3    3 years ago

I agree.  

What needs to be done is for the DOJ to get some backbone.  The GA. AG needs to consider this some form of intimidation if for no other reason than to inform Mr. Trump that he has no reason other than to accept that he is a loser.   

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  CB  replied to  TOM PA @3.1.4    3 years ago

I believe the Georgia Attorney General is in cahoots with Donald's "America.'  In the pit with people who people expected to take Donald's calls incoming.

It will be outsiders who bring legitimate charges against the man who litigates everybody (if only for the purposes of delaying a decision). The New York Attorney General and "Southern District," for example. Mind you, I don't want charges against this man for charges-sake! I want him charged for real misdeeds justifiably and punished like others who can not get away with it.

Donald needs the narrative changed. We need to see this imbecile "sweat" again not just for sweat-sake, but for Cause!

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
3.1.6  TOM PA  replied to  CB @3.1.5    3 years ago

SDNY yes.  NYC DA yes.  But there are 10 instances of obstruction that should be examined.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  CB  replied to  TOM PA @3.1.6    3 years ago

Yes! I, too, am completely OUTRAGED that life goes on as normal, while Donald "KAREN" Trump, former president of the United States, is allowed to throw 'rocks and boulders' at anybody he wishes while using a veil of (white) privilege protection presumed in the constitution. For I surely know, no person of color would be allowed such protection or "chaos" in the minds of courts or congress if they were to push such extremes or harms to democratic processes.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

More proof that DJT is fricking nuts.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

That is putting it nicely...

Gordy327
Professor Guide
4.2  Gordy327  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

I'd say that includes his supporters, especially those who still believe he won the election. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I blame the media. The national news media should have this as their lead story along with the Georgia Secretary of States explanation that the election was fair and correct. 

People let Trump get away with murder, and it is badly hurting this country.