╌>

SCOTUS Justice Brett Kavanaugh Tests Positive for COVID-19

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  51 comments

By:   Kelly McLaughlin, Oma Seddiq (Business Insider)

SCOTUS Justice Brett Kavanaugh Tests Positive for COVID-19
Kavanaugh, who is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, has had no symptoms, the Supreme Court said in a press release.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Three women have accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. Susan Walsh/AP Photo

• Justice Brett Kavanaugh has tested positive for COVID-19, the Supreme Court announced on Friday.
  • The positive diagnosis comes days before the new Supreme Court term begins.
  • Kavanaugh is fully vaccinated and has experienced no symptoms of the virus.

Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has tested positive for COVID-19, the court announced Friday.

Kavanaugh, 56, received his positive diagnosis on Thursday after a "routine" coronavirus test per the court's "regular testing protocols," the court said in a statement. The associate justice is fully vaccinated against the disease and has experienced no symptoms of the virus.

Kavanaugh's wife and two daughters, who are also fully vaccinated, tested negative, the court said.

"As a precaution," Kavanaugh will no longer attend fellow Justice Amy Coney Barrett's ceremonial swearing-in on Friday, the court added. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the courtroom ceremony was postponed for nearly a year after Barrett was confirmed by the Senate on October 26, 2020.

All nine justices, including Kavanaugh, tested negative on Monday before they met for closed-door conference, the court said. On Wednesday, he participated in the annual ACLI Capital Challenge, a three-mile charity race held in Washington, DC.

The positive test comes just days before the justices are expected to take the bench on Monday, kicking off the Supreme Court term that features a number of high-profile cases, including abortion and gun rights.

Last spring, the COVID-19 pandemic forced the court to go remote and hold arguments via telephone. In September, the court revealed that fall arguments will be held in-person again for the first time since the outbreak began.

Reached for a comment by Insider, a court spokesperson declined to offer additional information on whether Kavanaugh will still return to the courtroom on Monday. All of the justices are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Like I said elsewhere this morning, I don't want the man to die, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if his pecker fell off.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

A peckerless little pecker. The vision is priceless.

Brent pleading with anyone to find his pecker.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

And you think it is appropriate to "slander" a person who has tested positive for COVID - a pretty damn serious illness??

Three women have accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

For real???  C'mon SMAAB.

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Veronica  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    3 years ago

What slander?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    3 years ago

How is it slander if they accused him? That's a matter of record

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Veronica @1.2.1    3 years ago

The mention of the "supposed" accusers being used when mentioning someone has tested positive for COVID.  What do the accusers have to do with him testing positive for COVID???

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Veronica  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.3    3 years ago

How is it slander?  Was he accused?  If he was then no slander.  Maybe slander is not the word you wanted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.3    3 years ago
What do the accusers have to do with him testing positive for COVID???

Not a thing, of course, but he IS considered conservative, so of course, we must dredge up discredited crap from years ago, despite it being not credible, as shown during his confirmation hearings, which really seems to stick in liberals' craws.

hence, his appearance is a legitimate issue to some progressive liberals.

Professor Guide
1.2.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    3 years ago
Three women have accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

What are you talking about?  Brett Kavanaugh tested positive for Covid.  It's relevant and timely.  I've said nothing about his past predatory behavior.  

Professor Guide
1.2.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.3    3 years ago
The mention of the "supposed" accusers being used when mentioning someone has tested positive for COVID.

I seeded the article, I didn't write it.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.6    3 years ago

His past behavior was only alleged. Never came close to being proven

Professor Guide
1.2.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.8    3 years ago
His past behavior was only alleged. Never came close to being proven

This seed is about his positive Covid test.  Discuss that, or beat feet. 

For the record, I find it concerning that positive Covid tests among the fully vaccinated are on the rise.  It should concern everyone.  Your thoughts?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.10  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.7    3 years ago

Yes'm - and I respect your contribution.

Guess the author wasn't too sure who would/wouldn't read it so they just added a little click-bait that has no bearing on the fact that he has tested positive for COVID.

'Course, the author "coulda" noted that those three "accusers" were either debunked or didn't bother to show.

But, hey, whatever sells, eh?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.11  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.9    3 years ago

Totally agree - so, what's next?  Boosters for the rest of your life - or - will the vaccinations finally win the battle?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.9    3 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
1.2.13  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.10    3 years ago
Guess the author wasn't too sure who would/wouldn't read it so they just added a little click-bait that has no bearing on the fact that he has tested positive for COVID.

Perhaps you can voice your disappointment to the media outlet that printed the original article.  Check it out for yourself.  The author didn't write that line, and I certainly didn't add it after the article was fetched.  In addition, when I seed an article, I delete extraneous links and other info not pertaining to the article itself.  Why? Because I find them distracting.  Had I seen that first line, I would have deleted it, not because I didn't believe it, but because it was a freaking distraction to the main body of the article.

As for Brett Kavanaugh, yes, I find it extremely disturbing that a grown-ass man can take his dick out at parties and run around slapping people in the face with it one minute, and end up serving on the Supreme Court of the United States the next.  That's all I have to say about it.     

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.2.14  squiggy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.13    3 years ago
"I find it extremely disturbing that a grown-ass man can take his dick out at parties..."

There - this has nothing to do with covid.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.15  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.13    3 years ago

SMAAB - all during his confirmation hearings, no one - absolutely NO ONE could substantiate his "dick waving" - his "buds" said they "heard that" - his distractor said she "heard that" - his primary accuser said she "heard that".  Sorry, but that type of journalism is, at best, Disneyesque.

You're right - the media goes on frenzies and publishes the most outrageous "what if's" simply to feed the masses who are looking for "well, will ya look at that" crap.

I have never doubted your posts and thoroughly enjoy them.  Please don't take any offense with any of my comments because they definitely are not personal.

Professor Guide
1.2.16  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.15    3 years ago
Please don't take any offense with any of my comments because they definitely are not personal.

I know that.  No worries here. 

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

While I make no excuse for the jerk-off he is, there have been a good many people, including some prominent celebrities that have tested positive for COVID-19, even though they are fully vaccinated, and it was found to be a false positive. After being retested again a short time later they are found to be negative of any COVID-19.

That may not be the case for this person, but, I would not be surprised if that is was. I also wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be alcohol poisoning instead and they just said it was COVID-19 to save face for his absence.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @1.3    3 years ago

wow, what an interesting fantasy.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
1.3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.1    3 years ago

Wasn't it though. Glad you appreciated it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

go karma go

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2  MrFrost    3 years ago

If beer cures covid, he should be fine. 

GregTx
Professor Guide
2.1  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @2    3 years ago

I don't know if helps cure it but it sure seems to work at warding it off.. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @2    3 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @2    3 years ago

maybe he should try injecting it...... you know, if the bleach or ivermectin doesn't work...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.3    3 years ago

I hear beer/alcohol works faster if you use it as an enema

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.3.1    3 years ago

That's true and actually very dangerous.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.2    3 years ago

So I hear. Causes alcohol poisoning

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3.4  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.3.1    3 years ago

I knew some guy in high school that would inject everclear.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.3.5  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.3.3    3 years ago

So I hear. Causes alcohol poisoning

Don't mean to stray too far off topic here but... Everything about to make an exit has been cleared by the liver. So, putting booze up your ass bypasses the liver and can kill someone very quickly. I've known a few alcoholics that would get drunk that way because their liver was trashed. Not good. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
3  Veronica    3 years ago

That's some picture.  Looks like his pecker already fell off & he just discovered it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @3    3 years ago

I think he smells something bad but realizes it's coming from his own mouth

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    3 years ago

That makes sense....

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    3 years ago
I think he smells something bad but realizes it's coming from his own mouth

Or his own pants.

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
3.2  TOM PA  replied to  Veronica @3    3 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.1  bugsy  replied to  TOM PA @3.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.2.1    3 years ago

removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    3 years ago

Wow.

A member of SCOTUS tested positive for Covid.

Like millions of others.

Is this an article about that, or just an opportunity to bash a conservative that can't be missed?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 years ago

I think you hit it right on the money!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    3 years ago

[deleted]

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6  Snuffy    3 years ago

So a person who's fully vaccinated and tested negative on Monday then tests positive three days later.  Is this a false positive?

Either way,  some of the comments in this thread are just sad. We will never fix this partisan divide if people continue to go around like this. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Snuffy @6    3 years ago

Reminds me of Jr. High kids trying to get each other's goat and attention by saying just 'bout whatever comes to their minds.

Professor Guide
6.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1    3 years ago

The truth?  Yeah, he's nauseating.  But it doesn't change the fact that he has been added to the growing list of fully vaccinated people who have subsequently tested positive.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1.1    3 years ago

And, you're right - there's gonna be a lot more.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I dont celebrate someone getting sick. 

As for Kavanaugh, he was never properly investigated by the FBI, or the Senate, because Republicans were in charge of both bodies. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago
As for Kavanaugh, he was never properly investigated by the FBI, or the Senate, because Republicans were in charge of both bodies

He was never credibly accused.