╌>

Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in dead of night

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  40 comments

By:   By Miranda Devine, Jack Morphet, Kevin Sheehan, Christopher Sadowski and Bruce Golding

“Our Office of Refugee Resettlement facilitates travel for the children in its custody to their family or sponsors across the country,” HHS spokesman Jorge Silva said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Planeloads of underage migrants are being flown secretly into suburban New York in an effort by President Biden’s administration to quietly resettle them across the region, The Post has learned.

The charter flights originate in Texas, where the ongoing border crisis has  overwhelmed local immigration officials , and have been underway since at least August, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Last week, The Post saw two planes land at the Westchester County Airport, where most of the passengers who got off appeared to be children and teens, with a small portion appearing to be men in their 20s.

Westchester County cops stood by as the passengers — whose flights arrived at 10:49 p.m. Wednesday and 9:52 p.m. Friday — got off and piled into buses.

Some of them were later seen meeting up with relatives or sponsors in New Jersey, or being dropped off at a residential facility on Long Island.

A Post analysis of online flight-tracking data suggests that around 2,000 migrants nabbed after sneaking into the US from Mexico have arrived at the airport outside White Plains on 21 flights since Aug. 8.

Records show some of the planes touched down between midnight and 6:30 a.m. — when a voluntary curfew is in effect — with two arriving from Houston at 2:13 a.m. and 4:29 a.m. on Aug. 20.

The clandestine nature of the operation raises questions about how the White House is dealing with a recent surge in unaccompanied minors.

The most recent figures from US Customs and Border Protection show that just during July and August,  37,805 unaccompanied minors were caught entering the US from Mexico — sometimes after being abandoned  by professional  smugglers known as “coyotes.”

Video shows some children dropped over the border wall or abandoned in remote areas.

A source familiar with the operation at the Westchester airport said the underage migrants typically arrive carrying backpacks and are bused to locations including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, upstate Newburgh, and Bridgeport and Danbury in Connecticut.

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, it stopped in Syosset, Long Island, at the campus of MercyFirst, a nonprofit sponsored by the Catholic Sisters of Mercy that provides housing and services for “children and adolescents who are the victims of societal problems,” according to its website.

On Friday night, one bus left the Westchester airport and barreled down the Hutchinson River Parkway — which is off limits to commercial vehicles — at speeds greater than 75 mph before crossing the Throgs Neck Bridge.

MercyFirst has a contract to supply the federal government with residential services for “immigrant youth,” according to the site.
MercyFirst CEO Renee Skolaski didn’t return a request for comment.

Later Saturday, a similar scene began playing out in Jacksonville, Fla., where many of the flights from Texas have touched down before continuing on to Westchester — and where The Post saw a Boeing 737-700 land shortly after 10 p.m. at Jacksonville International Airport.

As local cops stood by, a group of between 10 and 15 people wearing matching white baseball caps and carrying duffel bags got off the plane and onto a charter bus near a dormant cargo terminal.

After a two-hour ride, the group arrived around 1 a.m. Sunday at the Twin Oaks Academy, a juvenile detention center in the Apalachicola National Forest near Tallahassee, where staffers were waiting to open a gate topped with barbed wire.

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis expressed outrage at The Post’s findings, with a spokeswoman saying: “If the Biden Administration is so confident that their open-border policy is good for our country, why the secrecy?”

“Why is the Biden Administration refusing to share even the most basic information about illegal alien resettlement in communities throughout our state and the entire country?” spokeswoman Christina Pushaw said.

Flights.immigrant.mapnew.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024
Flights originating from Texas are bringing unaccompanied migrant children to NY and Florida. NY Post graphic

“Washington, DC, sets immigration policies that do not affect them, and states — that lack information about migrant resettlement and do not have the authority to change federal immigration policy — are expected to bear the brunt of Biden’s reckless open-borders agenda.”

On Wednesday, The Post also saw two buses leave the Westchester airport carrying about 100 passengers who arrived on a McDonnell Douglas MD-83.

One bus stopped at the Thomas Edison Service Area off the New Jersey Turnpike in Woodbridge, where the migrants got off around 12:45 a.m. Thursday.

Over the next two hours, they were driven away in cars by people who met them there — without anyone appearing to have to show identification to the officials overseeing the operation.

A woman who lives near the airport told The Post on Monday that a flight arrived there “around 3 or 4” that morning “and it was shaking the house” and awakened her 8-month-old baby boy.

“He’s been waking up for the last month around 2, 3, 4 because of the noise,” she said.

“I got used to the regular airport noise but these planes or jets sound different. Lower, more bass. And they’re coming in the middle of the night!”

The neighbor also said she “can see the airport perfectly from my upstairs” and has noticed “a few buses that say ‘Out of Service’ hanging around” that aren’t the usual county buses or airport shuttles.

And she said the airport has lately been “much darker than usual” overnight.

“I liked the way it looked like a little city — blue and white lights,” she said.

“But since the middle of this summer, they are all off, except one or two of them on the top of the Flexjet hangar … I guess so you can’t see what’s going on.”

Former Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino, a Republican candidate for governor, said he learned about the flights from citizens upset by violations of the voluntary curfew.

Astorino said smaller planes apparently began arriving in April, when he said the flights weren’t “as frequent.”

When Astorino held an Aug. 16 news conference at the airport, he said, a flight arrived carrying passengers who got onto a bus that pulled up close to the airstairs and partially blocked the view of the people boarding it.

Astorino said he spotted at least 50 to 75 migrants, most of whom appeared to be men older than 20.

“No one has explained where they’re going and who they are,” he said.

“The Biden administration is systematically spreading the southern border crisis to communities all around the country, often shrouded in secrecy and under the cloak of darkness.”

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for Democratic Westchester County Executive George Latimer tried to downplay the situation as “nothing new.”

“This is similar to when HHS, under the Trump administration, housed almost 1,000 migrant children in Westchester — without the County’s prior knowledge or approval,” spokeswoman Catherine Cioffi said in a written statement.

“Then, as opposed to now, there was no outcry by anyone.”

The White House insisted Monday that the flights only carry children and teens, and the US Department of Health and Human Services said, “It is our legal responsibility to safely care for unaccompanied children until they can be swiftly unified with a parent or a vetted sponsor.”

“Our Office of Refugee Resettlement facilitates travel for the children in its custody to their family or sponsors across the country,” HHS spokesman Jorge Silva said.

“In recent weeks, unaccompanied children passed through the Westchester airport en route to their final destination to be unified with their parents or vetted sponsor.”

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Congrats once again to the New York Post.

Will this one be censored by Zuckerberg & co?

Or will we hear that this is just a moving job to connect illegal migrants with their families?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Morning Vic .. the link did not come up when I clicked on seeded content  .. so am posting it here...

Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in dead of night (nypost.com)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1    3 years ago

The same title.  The important thing is what the New York Post has.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Why do we think they're illegal?

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Veronica  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2    3 years ago

Good question.  Maybe they are assuming since the planes originated in Texas???  Maybe they should get more facts before printing assumptions.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2    3 years ago

Read the article

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @1.2.1    3 years ago

Maybe you should tell us the facts. It's time to put up!

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    3 years ago

It's your seed.  It does not say how they KNOW they are immigrants - it is an assumption UNLESS they interviewed all of them.

A Post analysis of online flight-tracking data suggests that around 2,000 migrants nabbed after sneaking into the US from Mexico have arrived at the airport outside White Plains on 21 flights since Aug. 8.

Maybe you should read & comprehend - suggestions are not FACTS!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @1.2.4    3 years ago
Maybe you should read & comprehend

Take your own advice instead of cherry picking and claiming people have commintted a code violation.

Here, from the same article:

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.6  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.5    3 years ago

Do you not understand what SUGGESTS means?  AND do they have proof those are the people that arrived in NY?    SIgh - this seed is all fucked up - the little arrow on the side is missing & posts are slow in posting - so screw it - I have better things to do then "discuss" bullshit seeds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Veronica @1.2.6    3 years ago

You're looking for facts and not suggestions and assumptions here????????????????????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @1.2.6    3 years ago
Do you not understand what SUGGESTS means?  AND do they have proof those are the people that arrived in NY?   

Do you not understand that Joe the puppet has let about 2 milion people walk across the southern border?

SIgh - this seed is all fucked up 

Sigh - That's what TiG is for. That's who you should have called.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Veronica @1.2.6    3 years ago

We know what the truth is.  Not to be found here.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.10  Veronica  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.9    3 years ago

This whole seed is fucked up & screwing with my computer - so I am taking my leave of this Biden Hate Fest seed.  

And you are correct - no truth.

This seed should be deleted & reseeded properly.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2    3 years ago
Why do we think they're illegal?

The New York Post  reported  on Monday that planeloads of unaccompanied underage migrants have been secretly flown in the middle of the night into suburban New York on charter flights from Texas.

The report stated that around 2,000 illegal immigrants have landed at a New York airport outside of White Plains on 21 flights since Aug. 8.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Biden Secretly Flying Underage Migrants Into NY In Dead Of Night

I didn't know he had a pilot's license.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Long as he does what you want. Most of us are against this.

Shall we call it the Illegal migrant shuttle?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

The headline isnt really accurate or honest, is it ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago

It absolutely is. Go to the New York Post.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    3 years ago

Saying 'Biden Flying Migrants To New York'  would be like saying "Trump Bombs Yemen".

I dont care who wrote the headline. The NY Post is the Fox News of newspapers.  The headline is not accurate. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 years ago

I don't concern myself with anyone who would make such a silly assumption.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    3 years ago

Maybe you dont understand English as well as you thought. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    3 years ago

I think the problem lies with you.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    3 years ago

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago

What else is new?

Also Veronica, you never appear foolish.  The problem does not lie with you or NT.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

Good to see Traitor Joe's "Border plan" is working as he wanted.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    3 years ago

These illegal actions will come back to bite Biden in the ass.

Just another reason to impeach

Veronica
Professor Guide
4  Veronica    3 years ago

The link to the seeded content take you to Create an Article not to the seeded article.  I think that is a violation isn't it?  Click on "Seeded Content" and what you get is what I copied below.

Create Article As A Discussion  
Title
Your Content
Paragraph
sans-serif
20px
> Category   News & Politics     Op/Ed     World News     Photography & Art     Stock Market & Investments     Health, Science & Technology     Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures     Entertainment     COLLABORATIVE ARTS FORUM     Readers, etc.     Now Trending     Sports     Religion & Ethics     Wine & Food     Anthropology & Archeology     History & Sociology     Mental Health and Wellness     Fields and Streams     Environment/Climate     Alternative Energy     Pets & Animals     Satire     The Zoo     The Lighter Side/ Humor     Stranger Than Fiction     Other     Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab   Seed URL Seed Author Seed Content Paragraph sans-serif 20px > Add To Collection (Fetched) Image URL Imagemax upload: 4MB1 item(s) max Select

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5  1stwarrior    3 years ago

Article IV, Section 4 of the U. S. Constitution

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

So, it's OK for the gvmnt to force an invasion on us without standing up to their duties of protecting us against invasion - foreign or domestic?

Where is our protection Joe?

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.1  charger 383  replied to  1stwarrior @5    3 years ago

Correct link is posted at 1.1 if anybody wants to click on it, charger 

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Veronica  replied to  charger 383 @5.1    3 years ago

Thank you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @5.1.1    3 years ago

I have the correct title.

You're welcome!

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    3 years ago

I wasn't talking about the title - Your "seeded content" link ISN'T working.  I said NOTHING about the title.  

AND YOU ARE WELCOME.  Thought you might not want to look foolish.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @5.1.3    3 years ago

Your "seeded content" link ISN'T working.

And that is a NT problem right?

So what is all that nonsense you posted about a code violation?

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.1.5  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    3 years ago

Your seeded content link is not working - you seed an article it should have a working link.  Funny how no other seed is having this issue - just yours & charger seemed to make it work - I think it is the operator & again I would think you would be grateful to me - so you don't look a fool.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @5.1.5    3 years ago

. I think it is the operator 

You think I could somehow disable the seeded content?  If I could do that I'd do a real clean up around here.

again I would think you would be grateful to me

Really?  

so you don't look a fool.

You need worry about what you look like.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.1.7  charger 383  replied to  Veronica @5.1.5    3 years ago

I think it is a minor technical problem and not a big deal and the link is available.  Please debate the article.  thanks.  charger  

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.1.8  Veronica  replied to  charger 383 @5.1.7    3 years ago

I was simply answering his comments to me.  I thanked you for the link & he had to go all snarky on me.  I see you don't address that with him though - all's fine - I am outta here.  Let the Biden Hate Fest continue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

I am going by the Post. PERIOD.

Evidently the problem belongs to this site.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

In conclusion:

Jen Psaki just confirmed this story:

"It is our legal responsibility to safely care for unaccompanied children until they can be swiftly reunited with a parent or a vetted sponsor," Psaki added. "In recent weeks, unaccompanied children have passed through the Westchester airport...en route to their final destination to be reunited with their parents or vetted sponsor. It’s no surprise that kids can be seen travelling through states, it’s not just New York."