╌>

Virginia Man Says Critical Race Theory Is Most Important Election Issue, But Admits ‘I Don’t Understand It That Much’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  5 comments

Virginia Man Says Critical Race Theory Is Most Important Election Issue, But Admits ‘I Don’t Understand It That Much’
“And what is critical race theory?” “Well, I’m not gonna get into the specifics of it because I don’t understand it that much. But it’s something that I don’t–what little bit that I know, I don’t care for it.” “And what have you heard that you don’t like?” “I’m not gonna, you know, I don’t uh, I don’t have that much knowledge on it, but it’s something that I’m not, that I don’t care for.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

www.mediaite.com   /politics/virginia-man-says-critical-race-theory-key-issue/

By Michael LucianoNov 1st, 2021, 5:53 pm 2-2 minutes   11/1/2021

Screen-Shot-2021-11-01-at-2.21.08-PM.jpg

Virginia’s gubernatorial election between   Terry McAuliffe   (D) and   Glenn Youngkin   (R) is Tuesday and according to one resident, the biggest issue in the campaign is critical race theory.

CRT, as it is called, is generally taught in some university social science departments. At its core, it   states   that racism is inherent in law and legal institutions in the United States. In recent months, conservative media outlets such as Fox News and Newsmax have   bombarded   viewers with stories about CRT allegedly being taught to children at all levels of education.

Speaking with an activist from The Good Liars, the man said CRT is the most important issue in the race, though he admitted he does not quite understand it.

“What’s the most important issue in the governor’s race here in Virginia?”

“Getting back to the basics of teaching children, not teaching them critical race theory,” he replied.

“And what is critical race theory?”

“Well, I’m not gonna get into the specifics of it because I don’t understand it that much. But it’s something that I don’t–what little bit that I know, I don’t care for it.”

“And what have you heard that you don’t like?”

“I’m not gonna, you know, I don’t uh, I don’t have that much knowledge on it, but it’s something that I’m not, that I don’t care for.”

Youngkin has made CRT an issue in his campaign. He recently   slammed   the theory on Fox News. He said that it “teaches children to see everything through a lens of race and then to divide them into buckets and and have children [who] are called privileged and others [who] are victims.”

Watch above via The Good Liars.

Have a tip we should know?   tips@mediaite.com

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The GOP electorate in a nutshell. And we didnt even need Jordan Klepper. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Obviously he's right wing - an example of America's educated intellectuals.  LOL   Critical thinking ain't his bag.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    3 years ago

This is a big problem with politics. We get people outraged about things they don’t understand, and make them fear things that aren’t happening. 

But this is how you get people to vote.

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    3 years ago

Unless he took the course in college or Law school, of course he doesn't understand it. This is not taught anywhere else. Sad beyond belief that people will jump in and jump on any lying bandwagon if the talking heads push it on Fox.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Kids need to be taught the basics instead of being propagandized by some leftist radicals.

CRT is basically revisionist history and a package of lies. It shouldn't even be taught in college.